The Randy Lerner thread

CI

what got me is the answers from him.. we are the 4th highest spenders.. correct but we sold ash young 16m plus downing 20m thats 36m? ..when asked who replaced downing..reply was cnz..however we lost ash in same summer..who replaced ash? who replaced barry from the 12m? who replaced milner? FFS.FFS!!! 

I'll be honest. I am a bit older than many on these boards. I try to see all sides of things.

But listening to the commentary with half a bottle of a fairly decent red, I am of the opinion that Randy Lerner is a spoiled fu*khead who knows nothing other than the cost of things and the value of nothing.  Listen son, you don't sell you best players, replace them with inferior ones, and then wonder why it's all going to hell in a handcart.  Downing gone. Young gone. Milner gone. Barry gone.  Was it only 3-4 years ago that half the England Squad was from VP?

• Like 1

Well my little rant got posted on the BBC feed for the game so I guess I will post it here too:

"Of course the problems go higher than Lambert. Who allowed Martin O'Neill to overspend? Who placed hope on an unfit candidate to manage in the top flight? Who appointed the disgrace of McLeish? Who refuses to spend in this window when it is so clearly needed so he can rectify his previous management failings? It's now or never Randy."

I'm so disenchanted by tonight. I'm also so worried that people are saying "well at least we can concentrate on the league". We are going down under this "custodian" because of his own failings.

If we go on (the clubs spokesman) Brian Dougan's performance on Radio WM tonight, then we are truly and royally fcuked. Ive never heared a more clueless and out of touch club officiall in all my life. The guy came on in attempt to get the fans on board, but has probably added a few thousand more voices to the Lerner must sell up call.

We are being run by clowns, and if you dont believe that, then go and listen to the recording.

Yeh heard this clown earlier on tom ross, all he kept saying since randy has been in charge we have spent the 4th most, maybe so, but how many of them players left on a free transfer as no-one would buy them as we over paid on them...Talk about clueless

Date: Tuesday, 29th January 2013

Place: Villa Park, Birmingham

Objective: To let Lerner and Lambert know that we have had enough.

This has to happen now. We cant go on keeping silent whilst our club disenergrates before our eyes.

Protest....if you love villa!

Genuine question. Which would everyone prefer:

Randy pay's off Lambert's contract and pay's top Dollar to get another manager in 

OR

Randy give's that money to Lambert to spend in the window.

Good question. I think give money to Lambert. I think a few players will see us through. But they will not come. 

Guy on TalkSport just asked whether we are witnessing a "Managed Decline"?

It seems incredible, but I honestly think this is exactly what is happening.

I believe Lerner has decided we cannot compete financially in the Premier League and that relegation is exactly what he wants!!

Edited by MikeMcKenna

Â