The Randy Lerner thread

CI

20 mill is laughable really in terms of how shit the squad is that Lambert inherited

This squad needs at least 50 mill spent on it

Oh come on. It'd be nice to have spent more, sure, and it's madness we're not spending in Jan.

But Lambert was given a good amount, we spent the 6th most in the league in the summer, and he's managed to take a squad that McLeish kept in the league, and make it significantly worse.

Lambert's a waster.

I've not been to a game since Wigan at home even then i left on 56 minutes when the third goal went in. Had no interest in going to the Bradford game. Don't see the point in forking out 50 quid to Randy anymore.

That's the point a lot of people are making. If the owner can't be bothered to invest with all of the money that he has, why should the fans? The amount of money needed on a couple of players is probably six months interest to someone like Lerner.

That's the point a lot of people are making. If the owner can't be bothered to invest with all of the money that he has, why should the fans? The amount of money needed on a couple of players is probably six months interest to someone like Lerner.

How much money was he reported to own the other day? Over a billion pounds if I remember correctly and we have no investment when we desperately need it. If he's not going to put his money in then I won't be putting mine in either.

Article in the Mirror (I know) mentions I know a manager who was interviewed for that Villa job last summer, who considered taking it until Randy Lerner told him how much he’d have to spend on new players and salaries. He laughed and declined.

Another bit of cheerful news. I'm trying to hang to something that will give me hope with VIlla right now, but really am struggling.

Randys biggest mistakes have been wages & McLeish but the way some carry on its like he picks the players to sign and puts them in the team.

The whole I'm not putting in money if they arent is very cutting your nose off. You go because you are a Villa fan to follow the Villa, not a Randy Lerner fan.

People need to realise that although we havent spent anything this window (so far) its like all the other money spent has been forgotten. I'd also like to remind people that in the summer we signed 3 players on deadline day, arguably 2 of our best players this season and one was the biggest fee.

Lambert has been a far worse a football manager this season than Randy has been an owner.

And Doug did relegate us by dismantling a very good side in one season. If we go down this year it will be because the team has underperformed and the manager has stuck to poor tactics, team selections & substitutions not because the owner didnt spend £40m over the season.

Oh and one other thing our revenue outside of tv has increased at almost the same rate as tv revenue not sure Doug managed such an increase.

Edited by Houlston

Maybe he's thinking if the fans can't be bothered to spend money on Villa, then why should he.

*tongue in cheek*

That doesn't surprise me - all the money's been going on wages - we've been making large losses. I think the plan is to rectify that, so they can spend on players again.

When might this be?

The same people have been saying it for awhile.

And whats the point of being able to spend if you're in the championship?

That doesn't surprise me - all the money's been going on wages - we've been making large losses. I think the plan is to rectify that, so they can spend on players again.

And on paying off terrible managerial appointments and compensation to Norwich and Birmingham.

Maybe he's thinking if the fans can't be bothered to spend money on Villa, then why should he.

*tongue in cheek*

Just read something on Twitter saying that our net spend since O'Neill left has been £1.25million. Just stated that on Sky. And i would guess the wage bill has come down quite a bit. There is still Ireland, Dunne, Nzog, Bent and Hutton to shift.

Well that's reassuring, albeit not surprising at all...

Heres another bit of cheerfull news.......

Was told a fortnight ago that all signings weve made since Lerner have been "Mortgaged" to him. Now a lot of you are far more clever than me, and a lot more clued up on finance than i ever will be, but if it means what i think it means, then it explains why its difficult shift pople and why we have never seen seen the full money recieved from sles of Milner ect, fully reinvested into the squad.

The guy i learnt this from?

Knows uncle Doug very well, and quite a few others connected to the club, and is pretty well respected. So not the type to spread idle gossip.

Like i said, think about it, it would explain quite a bit.

Heres another bit of cheerfull news.......

Was told a fortnight ago that all signings weve made since Lerner have been "Mortgaged" to him. Now a lot of you are far more clever than me, and a lot more clued up on finance than i ever will be, but if it means what i think it means, then it explains why its difficult shift pople and why we have never seen seen the full money recieved from sles of Milner ect, fully reinvested into the squad.

The guy i learnt this from?

Knows uncle Doug very well, and quite a few others connected to the club, and is pretty well respected. So not the type to spread idle gossip.

Like i said, think about it, it would explain quite a bit.

No mention of this in the accounts so could only have happpened this Financial Year. Also it is illegal for player registrations to be held by a 3rd party. I think what you maybe refering to is securitisation and if that were the case it would have no bearing on the Clubs ability to sell a player.

Â