The Randy Lerner thread

CI

Maybe the Qataris are buying us and this 'Phoenix Group' are just somehow part of the process, being as though they're connected to Merrill Lynch, who we know Randy used to help us find a buyer.

Edited by useless

Would a deal necessarily fall through if we went down? I mean, Lerner would have to take substantially less if we are relegated and new owners might fancy themselves as being able to get us back up and get in on the new TV deal.

Also seems bit strange for Lerner to come over to UK when Sherwood was appointed just to say hello to him?

Wonder who the 3 other guys that was with Lerner was? 

Can anyone find that picture of Sherwood in the Stands at Villa Park before he was appointed? and post it here... he had 1/2 other guys sitting with him in Directors Box, maybe they are 1/2 same guys who was with Lerner the other day?

Did one of them have a beard or might one have recently shaven one off? If so could it be Conchita Wurst of Eurovision fame? After all she did sing "Rise like a Phoenix" and must therefore have a link to The Phoenix Group... ;)  

Jesus this is like some seasonal version of Groundhog Day.

I can't wait until we do have a new owner if only to stop this **** cycle where we have a buyer lined up but the deal is dependent on us avoiding relegation. I swear this is the third season running now, right? 

• Like 2

Truth is, Randy has already left the building. His last act was writing off the debt and now AVFC is in Fox's hands and we spend what we earn. If we stay up, I'm not as desperate for Randy to sell as I was this point last season.  

Clueless owner and clueless businessman who was hugely naïve when he took over Villa and in recent times was equally naïve in cost-cutting and penny pinching. The sooner he's gone the better.

Be honest, you used the word naive twice so you could put the fancy diaeresis didn't you. :P  

Â