The Randy Lerner thread

CI

I wouldn't be surprised if there's an announcement soon, saying that Lerner plans to release a statement at the end of the season. Just like last year.

Well it would be kind of pointless though? We all know he has lost interest in his English plaything and wants to sell the club, at a price he thinks is reasonable. Now what is reasonable to Lerner and what is reasonable to other rich businessman wanting a football club is a different matter altogether.

If we get relegated, will be stuck with Lerner, who would will have to take some short term pain to try and get the club promoted straight away to get the new TV contract. If we mess that up  we will be totally screwed and Lerner will be stuck with us as much as we will be stuck with him.

I wouldn't be surprised if there's an announcement soon, saying that Lerner plans to release a statement at the end of the season. Just like last year.

Well it would be kind of pointless though? We all know he has lost interest in his English plaything and wants to sell the club, at a price he thinks is reasonable. Now what is reasonable to Lerner and what is reasonable to other rich businessman wanting a football club is a different matter altogether.

If we get relegated, will be stuck with Lerner, who would will have to take some short term pain to try and get the club promoted straight away to get the new TV contract. If we mess that up  we will be totally screwed and Lerner will be stuck with us as much as we will be stuck with him.

I think the thinking behind it would be to try and get fans hopes up of a takeover happening at the end of the season with the hope that it would give supporters more motivation to get behind the team more. If it doesn't happen like I suggested then I wouldn't be surprised to see more stories in the papers regarding a takeover.

I dont get the point in protests for Lerner out... He's been trying to sell us and can't ffs. He wants gone as much as we want him gone

Disagree.

He wants the right price more than he just wants out.

Yes because he is a businessman. Protests won't force him to lower his asking price so completely futile.

• Like 2

They may force him to do more to try and sell the club and they may force him to sell to someone who he might not other wise sell to, for whatever reasons. (not sure if that would be a good thing though).

B-8tdfiXAAAi_WZ.jpg

An Englishman, Frenchman and 2 Scotsmen to late!

5 years of cutbacks, 5 years of decline. It ain't rocket science, Randy. Sell your best players and replace them inferior ones on £10k per week and you get relegated. You've been a disgrace.

• Like 1

Looks like Doug Ellis sold the club to the wrong person after all.

If this fool thinks he can take an entity that is a worldwide known football club as his own personal plaything, he might as well rename the club "Randy Villa" or some shit, like how he changed our badge to some hideous, kiddish drawing.

Now I realise why the Americans used to mock him and his ineptness for his other sports team, baseball or something, that were floundering and worse off under him.

He is just a clueless spoilt brat living on daddy's money and worse, throwing it all away by being such a dumbass. What a good for nothing person - I'm sure his dad is proud of him. In my country and many others we despise such losers and wastrels.

I'm just hoping there's some truth in what the 'secret footballer' had to say. Wouldn't it be strange if we went down but still ended up being sold to seemingly decent owners who looked like they might be able to help things happen for us

If i was an investor, I'd wait for us to go down.

Think about it, we'd probably get back up at first time of asking, RL would have to have to drop his asking price by 10s of millions and we'd get parachute payments/the potential for all dat lovely PL money.

Here's the story.

"

Two parties are interested in buying the club, but a deal is unlikely to be agreed until the end of the season because of the effect of potential relegation on the price

"

B-8tdfiXAAAi_WZ.jpg

LOL! **** embarrassing! The chairman that wants to sell the club anyway OUT.

Mongs

i think they were simply trying to send lerner a message, i doubt the stewards would have let them hold up a sheet that said, "**** off lerner you dumb word removed!"

B-8tdfiXAAAi_WZ.jpg

LOL! **** embarrassing! The chairman that wants to sell the club anyway OUT.

Mongs

i think they were simply trying to send lerner a message, i doubt the stewards would have let them hold up a sheet that said, "**** off lerner you dumb word removed!"
A message for what!? To sell the club?

Or just "**** off Lerner" but not in those words, just in words that kind of sound like that. Ultimately **** off Lerner is telling him to sell the club because that's the only way he can "**** off".

That's exactly what he's trying to do though - sell up - so any Lerner Out/**** Off banner is retarded.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

If i was an investor, I'd wait for us to go down.

Think about it, we'd probably get back up at first time of asking, RL would have to have to drop his asking price by 10s of millions and we'd get parachute payments/the potential for all dat lovely PL money.

Yeah, I suggested this a while ago... I think we'd be a lot more attractive to a buyer. Because of the difference between FFP rules, they could pump as much as they wanted into the club while in the Championship (assuming it was just for one year) and it wouldn't affect us when we got back up since the rules are different for the FL and PL. 

Â