The Randy Lerner thread

CI

If Lerner announces he's staying and is committed to supplying more funds for fees and wages (and actually lives up to the promise) who would be happy with this?

I think I would be providing a director of football is brought in to oversee the medium to long term progress of the club.

I'm a little concerned that new owners will change things that should be left well alone.

• Like 2

If Lerner announces he's staying and is committed to supplying more funds for fees and wages (and actually lives up to the promise) who would be happy with this?

I think I would be providing a director of football is brought in to oversee the medium to long term progress of the club.

I'm a little concerned that new owners will change things that should be left well alone.

What sort of things should be left well alone, the decor at the Holte Pub maybe?

Invest or do one Lerner

Tired of seeing this once great club being run like it were the stature of Wigan

The fans have had to watch some real shite over the past few seasons no thanks to you

Invest or do one Lerner

Tired of seeing this once great club being run like it were the stature of Wigan

The fans have had to watch some real shite over the past few seasons no thanks to you

Invest or donate? Invest indicates that he might expect something back in return, which is unlikely, and he'd get all the stick in the world for taking out any profits. People seem to expect him to go back to donating £30m a year out of his own money again when he clearly hasn't got the means any more. It seems we could afford £20m a year without going into the red, anyway, which would improve us next season.

• Like 2

What sort of things should be left well alone, the decor at the Holte Pub maybe?

The name Aston Villa and the name / location of Villa Park mainly.

Personally I think Lerner staying with a new Director Of Football brought in over the manager's head would be just about the worst of all worlds.

Personally I think Lerner staying with a new Director Of Football brought in over the manager's head would be just about the worst of all worlds.
I think if Lerner changed his tact and released more money then a DOF could work, but it would take a very rigorous selection process. The DOF would have to be appointed first and set out what type of football the club wanted and the players he could potentially get (obv not made public knowledge). The manager interviews would then need to find a manager who wanted the same philosophy and similar players. Then and only then could it work. Spurs did it wrong as it seemed AVB and their DOF (baldini?) were coming from different philosophy's and therefore players were signed that didn't suit AVB style Edited by mikeyp102

Invest or do one Lerner

Invest or donate? Invest indicates that he might expect something back in return, which is unlikely, and he'd get all the stick in the world for taking out any profits. People seem to expect him to go back to donating £30m a year out of his own money again when he clearly hasn't got the means any more. It seems we could afford £20m a year without going into the red, anyway, which would improve us next season.

I think this is a fair post and why I don't understand some of the quite nasty stuff thrown his way.

I didn't make the game last night but spoke to a City mate of mine who was there. He said that CNZ, Delph and especially Gabby were outstanding last night.

I'd like to see CNZ start on sunday ahead of Holman if Delph is alongside him. Delph can do the chasing and hassling which then allows CNZ to be more creative. CNZ has bags of the talent but not the work rate of Holman hence why i think Delph's energy is crucial.

Ctrl c

Ctrl v

Just thumbing through my little book of aston villa with dvd, published 2008. In it, it states that Villa Park capacity will increase by over 7,000 in time for the 2012 Olympics. Didn't quite work out did it? No Olympics, no expansion either. In fact bugger all has happened.

Â