The Randy Lerner thread

CI

2 American Billionaires? Hicks and Gillett baby! :)

I really hope its not them
Haha I was being facetious...no chance that pair would touch a football club again after Liverpool

Nothing would surprise me where them pair are concerned

I think that there are a few parties interested in buying us but that the interest hasn't got to the stage where there is a sure sale yet. That would be my guess. Something would have hit the papers if there was a sale agreed already I think. 

That would be my guestimate.

The Fly in the story would be the role of Lambert - so he works his knackers off to keep us in the prem - and his reward is new owners - who would probably want to bring in there own geezer. Unless its a keep us in the prem paul and your pay off will be enhanced....

Made Guardian as well

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/17/paul-lambert-aston-villa-takeover-rumours

Paul Lambert accepts he will not survive a repeat of this season, with the Aston Villa manager fully aware that, irrespective of the support he retains in the boardroom at the end of another turbulent week, the club's increasingly disillusioned fans will have a significant say on his future.

While Lambert's position remains safe for now despite bring dragged into another relegation scrap on the back of four successive defeats, and the club's decision to suspend Ian Culverhouse, the assistant manager, and Gary Karsa, the head of football operations, pending an internal investigation, speculation continues to mount that Villa could be taken over this summer.

Inside, as well as outside of the club, tThere has been talk of Randy Lerner selling up, with sources indicating that a deal has been agreed in principle, with investors from America, subject to Villa surviving in the Premier League this season.

Villa, however, have insisted that there is no truth to the suggestions that any talks are taking place and insist that their stance has not changed from February, when Paul Faulkner, the chief executive, said that the club had not been put on the market and that Lerner is not actively looking to sell.

Either way, Lambert has a major battle on his hands to convince Villa supporters that he deserves to be in charge at the start of next season, after becoming embroiled in a relegation battle for a second successive campaign and presiding over some miserable performances, including 10 home league defeats.

"I don't want another season like this or last year," said the Villa manager, who on the advice of the club's legal team refused to comment on Culverhouse and Karsa. "Off the pitch, the finances are a lot healthier, that's progress in itself. But things haven't progressed the way I've wanted, I didn't come here for it to be like this."

Asked whether he was mindful of the consequences if Villa were to struggle again next season, Lambert replied: "Of course. I understand. I'm not naive. Modern-day football now, people win football matches and leave. But this club cannot have [another season like this one]. The fanbase is too big."

It was pointed out to Lambert that, although the Villa board continue to back him, the fans have an influential voice, as they proved two years ago, when they turned on Alex McLeish and made his position untenable. McLeish was sacked at the end of that season.

"Nobody wants to hear criticism, regardless of who you are, but you have to take it," Lambert said. "You're the manager of the football club, if results don't go your way, you expect to be shouted at or gestured at. The main thing is the players and the supporters. I understand what you are saying regarding [the fans' influence] but my own point of view is we're doing everything we can to try and turn the whole thing around. But the players will need the supporters as well to drive it over that line to go and win a game."

Â