The Randy Lerner thread

CI

And another thing, newspapers would pay through the nose for an exclusive story like this. The fact it hasn't being given an inch of coverage shows it isn't credible imo

Would they? Can't see a story about villa being taken over causing an increase in newspapers being sold nationwide.

When Randy was buying Villa - it was public for a few months with many twists and turns - also remember any takeover has to have due diligence and don't they have to be ratified by the FA or Premeirship who have to ensure that the new owner is honest or such like so it can't be a done deal at all.

If Carson Yeung can become an owner I'm not sure we'd have to worry about that.

Think you'll find the committee that oversees this was formed after him and was setup to avoid this as it was clear after the event that he has a scheister - they had to ratify the Leeds Take over (FA and Football League) before it took place. But you do have a point - it could be any one and not for the better also (but we can hope)

• Like 1

From that post on TBAR:

To confirm our news from earlier this week, the sale of the club is ON.

This is no longer a rumour. It's all up to Sid, Shay and his team now to get us across the line.

We will bring you more info as it comes to hand

Clearly he is another who doesn't believe that Lambert has any power here now.

How did the "Venky's" pass the fit and proper test?

They supply Wembley and the FA with Southern Style Chicken Nuggets @ £5 a shot to rip off the punters  and a recipe to make a chicken Vindaloo  ;)

• Like 1

From that post on TBAR:

This is no longer a rumour. It's all up to Sid, Shay and his team now to get us across the line.

There is something more than meets the eye.  :detect:

After the initial hope that something was about to change i once again have the sinking feeling that Lerner and Lambert will be here next season.

Even if Lambert manages to relegate us i fear he'll be here, but with the obvious constrains that the wage budget must be reduced even more and that there will be very little money to strenghten the squad.

It's the course of action that requires the least amount of activity from the club and therefore most likely to be the case IMO.

That admin person on the TBAR forum has posted this video in regards to the takeover

They're seeing things in these rumours because they are desperate to see them. Somebody posted on that forum that he knew a friend who was best pals with Faulkner and says there's definitely no takeover happening - yet this rumour is totally shot down despite having every bit as much credability as those that say it's going to happen.

I think people are so desperate to see something happen they're convincing themselves that it will. When Lerner bought the club the national media were all over the story for months in advance - it's the same with every club. There's never an announcement that a club's been sold without everyone knowing all about every party involved months in advance. Just what I reckon......

Edit: Just noticed my unfortunate reference to seeing things that aren't there under a picture of Stevie - actually wasn't intended :-)

Edited by El-Reacho
  • Like 3

yet this rumour is totally shot down despite having every bit as much credability as those that say it's going to happen.

It doesn't because the person who mentioned the takeover were proved right on other things.

From that post on TBAR:

Didn't notice that first time I read it.

The only reason I'm paying any attention to it is because it is from the same guy who was first to the Culverhouse news. He could be credible but I'm still not going to get my hopes up too much.

They're seeing things in these rumours because they are desperate to see them. Somebody posted on that forum that he knew a friend who was best pals with Faulkner and says there's definitely no takeover happening - yet this rumour is totally shot down despite having every bit as much credability as those that say it's going to happen.

I think people are so desperate to see something happen they're convincing themselves that it will. When Lerner bought the club the national media were all over the story for months in advance - it's the same with every club. There's never an announcement that a club's been sold without everyone knowing all about every party involved months in advance. Just what I reckon......

Manchester City's takeover was a complete surprise I seem to recall. Lerner is media shy, I think he can keep things quiet and secretive - it was certainly evident when he sold the Cleveland Browns, a few months earlier RL rejected speculation that the Browns were for sale. Whereas it was public knowledge that Ellis was selling the club for a much longer period, Ellis did interviews firmly saying that he wanted to sell the club and publicly appointed an agency to find a buyer. 

I think there is only one serious buyer for the club, if I had to put my money on it I would suggest Arison or somebody already involved with another sporting orientated business. 

Manchester City's takeover was a complete surprise I seem to recall. Lerner is media shy, I think he can keep things quiet and secretive - it was certainly evident when he sold the Cleveland Browns, a few months earlier RL rejected speculation that the Browns were for sale. Whereas it was public knowledge that Ellis was selling the club for a much longer period, Ellis did interviews firmly saying that he wanted to sell the club and publicly appointed an agency to find a buyer. 

I think there is only one serious buyer for the club, if I had to put my money on it I would suggest Arison or somebody already involved with another sporting orientated business. 

Bloody hell - we are changing one chairman taking us to the cleaners with one that makes washing machines ..... sorry MY BAD - thought you wrote Ariston! 

• Like 1

Fair enough - why though are the media totally ignoring it? Kendrick, Nursey and those guys will be reading all that stuff on the forums and will have no doubt heard form the same sources if true. They can't hush up the entire media?

Edited by El-Reacho

Fair enough - why though are the media totally ignoring it? Kendrick, Nursey and those guys will be reading all that stuff on the forums and will have no doubt heard form the same sources if true. They can't hush up the entire media?

Men with a substantial amount of money can hush anybody they want. They can also offer first dibs on the story to the most loyal and quite members of the press.

Edited by villan_007

From that post on TBAR:

Definitely true then.

Why? Faulkner has denied it, and I suspect that he is Kendrick's and Nursey's key source at Villa. Why persist to bother people at the club with rumours on the internet when it has been denied by PF?

I have a feeling this admin guy has a source(s) closer to Randy Lerner.  ;) We are going to find out soon I imagine.

From that post on TBAR:

Definitely true then.

Didn't say it was, I said he is another who believes that is the case. Considering he was the first to report the Culverhouse news, I think it is quite interesting that he phrased it like that.

Â