The Randy Lerner thread

CI

To confirm our news from earlier this week, the sale of the club is ON. 

This is no longer a rumour. It's all up to Sid, Shay and his team now to get us across the line. 

We will bring you more info as it comes to hand.

After the initial hope that something was about to change i once again have the sinking feeling that Lerner and Lambert will be here next season.

Even if Lambert manages to relegate us i fear he'll be here, but with the obvious constrains that the wage budget must be reduced even more and that there will be very little money to strenghten the squad.

It's the course of action that requires the least amount of activity from the club and therefore most likely to be the case IMO.

That admin person on the TBAR forum has posted this video in regards to the takeover

I soo hope this turns out to be the case but i won't get my hopes up.

I've been hurt before :unsure:

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

This is no longer a rumour.

It is.

Very true - until it is in the public domain then it is all conjecture and speculation. If true then stuff this big can't be kept quiet from Sky et all.

He was indeed first to the Culverhouse news so I'll raise my hopes by 10% with that in mind.

If it ties in with what I have been told, it is going to be very exciting times for the club.  :D But it is only a strong rumour at this stage.

• Like 2

Someone asking if there's any Canadian Involvement, I know David Thomson was linked year or so back, that would be interesting at least he'd be a lot younger than some of the other names mentioned.

Imagine if we got relegated then it came out that we missed out on somebody like Ellison or Thomson taking over. It would be the worst relegation ever.

Edited by useless

I've thought it for awhile that our plan is to survive on the cheap until the club is sold.

Lambert might have thought he'd be able to do more. I wonder how far he'll let his reputation drop before walking.

I wouldn't trust anything the 'secret football' has to say seems like he can say anything he wants and get away with it because he's anonymous, I wonder if he's any more reliable than 'Sky Sources'.

All that article really says that we didn't already know is that Albrighton went home with the rest of the team and even that might not be true.

I think what he says makes much more sense than the idea that these 2 have been disrupting training and bullying people for months.

His reputation won't drop though as keeping us in the league on that budget comparing to others spending is a good job sadly. Many managers talked about him as manager of the year last season, spending £20 mil in the summer was required just to stand still.

I head it was Nicky key trying to sell more season tickets.

Nah it's old Doug Ellis - he knows all there is about football and running a football club to make money - for himself and not for the good of the club that is. :P

• Like 1

I'm surprised how certain they seem on that forum, it's also a bit contradictory. They say it's "signed, sealed and delivered" but also say it depends if we stay up?

i think its total bollocks myself. Even if you were "ITK" regarding a takeover, that is obviously being done in secret, why spread it around on a forum.

• Like 1

And another thing, newspapers would pay through the nose for an exclusive story like this. The fact it hasn't being given an inch of coverage shows it isn't credible imo

When Randy was buying Villa - it was public for a few months with many twists and turns - also remember any takeover has to have due diligence and don't they have to be ratified by the FA or Premeirship who have to ensure that the new owner is honest or such like so it can't be a done deal at all.

I'm surprised how certain they seem on that forum, it's also a bit contradictory. They say it's "signed, sealed and delivered" but also say it depends if we stay up?

i think its total bollocks myself. Even if you were "ITK" regarding a takeover, that is obviously being done in secret, why spread it around on a forum.

If there was a takeover in the offing it would mostly be common knowledge given the amount of people it would take to complete a deal.  Lawyers, accountants etc etc  Could be something in it.

And another thing, newspapers would pay through the nose for an exclusive story like this. The fact it hasn't being given an inch of coverage shows it isn't credible imo

Would they? Can't see a story about villa being taken over causing an increase in newspapers being sold nationwide.

When Randy was buying Villa - it was public for a few months with many twists and turns - also remember any takeover has to have due diligence and don't they have to be ratified by the FA or Premeirship who have to ensure that the new owner is honest or such like so it can't be a done deal at all.

If Carson Yeung can become an owner I'm not sure we'd have to worry about that.

Â