Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

I'll thank benteke for keeping us up. No hard feelings towards sylla but he won't be missed and the fact he's made so few appearances in such an awful team show the level of player he is.

Yeah I forgot Benteke was the only player on the pitch during our run in last year and did it all single handedly. How silly of me to imagine 10 others that may have made some contribution. 

• Like 2

TBH after that season last year i'm not sure many players should be thanked.

Well, Sylla only played during the good bit of it, so arguably he should be thanked more than most others. 

He did do well - a year ago. Now he isn't good enough, so we should part ways, either for a loan deal or ideally, a slightly profit-making transfer. But it doesn't change history - he played a significant part in us staying up last year. 

• Like 1

Are you really amazed by it though? Unfortunately it's pretty standard stuff.

Sadly I am not amazed, some of our fans can be right pricks sometimes.

The guy wears the shirt, has given his best but come up short this season, the disrespect from posters in this thread reflects poorly on all of us. 

• Like 3

Are you really amazed by it though? Unfortunately it's pretty standard stuff.

Sadly I am not amazed, some of our fans can be right pricks sometimes.

The guy wears the shirt, has given his best but come up short this season, the disrespect from posters in this thread reflects poorly on all of us.

Haha I wonder if you got this worked up for the likes of heskey, Hutton, Collins etc..

He played a valuable part when he came in last season and the snide and insulting remarks being made now towards him are pretty shameful. He always put himself about and his stamina and athleticism helped steady our midfield at a time when we were in danger of sliding into relegation. No, he didn't do it all himself, no one player did but he came in and did a job and we should be grateful for that. I'm glad we didn't have to play SHA this season and he played a part in that.

If he does move on I won't have any animosity towards him and am amazed at some of the things being posted about him before he has even gone.

What games did he perform well in that led to good results last season then?

He made 11 appearances and I can think of 3 games where he did well and we got a result. I'm really meant to thank someone for 3 games?

He made 11 appearances and I can think of 3 games where he did well and we got a result. I'm really meant to thank someone for 3 games?

I think the point is that the lad tried his best and that it's not his fault he wasn't good enough to play in the premier league. It's fair game slagging off a Habib Beye or Alan Hutton because they didn't give it everything and just bled the club for money. Sylla tried his best but had about a 1% chance of succeeding given the level he was playing at before he came.

I think the point is that the lad tried his best and that it's not his fault he wasn't good enough to play in the premier league. It's fair game slagging off a Habib Beye or Alan Hutton because they didn't give it everything and just bled the club for money. Sylla tried his best but had about a 1% chance of succeeding given the level he was playing at before he came.

Hard to know about Beye because he so rarely played but what is the basis for saying Hutton didn't "give it everything"?

Â