Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

Today he was terrible. Lamberts idea of playing him in Albrightons position did not help

He was put on for KEA in KEA's role, Albrighton played in the hole where Weimann was.

does common sense not tell you to change formation when new players come on. Albrighton out wide Sylla and Westwood centre mid with delph on the left. Surely this is just basic knowledge of your own players

Sylla plays every tenth game as a sub. I am not sure why he has gone backwards, but he aint going to be better without playing. The same would have happened if Gardner was put on, or whoever we have who can play centrally.

Edited by momo

Was awful for most part but got better as game went on.Last season showed he can do a job ,today he looked like a player who hasn't played for months.With no reserve football to get game time  to come in to a team playing poorly was a big ask.Looked understandably off pace.

I think there's a player in there but completely out of form. If kea is out then he is the only option we got. He is 23 from French second division and has hardly played in prem so gona b rusty

Edited by dakid007

He is obviously out there to harass and pick play apart, tackle and hustle and bust the other team, but he has a touch and pass of a Conference-player. Sure, many players have that role and suck at everything else, but he isn't very good at his main job either and when you cannot make a 5 yard pass you can't play in the Premier League. I just watched two of the best teams in the world play and it's beautiful to see every time a player controls the ball and plays it perfectly to the next one, almost like if the ball was glued to their feet. Sylla, I wouldn't trust him to make a single pass 10 yards ahead of him to a player completely unmarked, standing still. He just can't play football!

I really can't believe that we do not have a player in our reserves who is better than Sylla?

Ridiculous capitulation by an inconsistant side Stoke passed us of the park and should of/could have given us a worse hiding.

Totally out of his depth, I struggle to understand exactly what type of player he is. He can't pass, can't tackle and his touch is woeful.  Bring on the summer when we can replace the likes of Sylla.

I understand perfectly what type of player he is, a crap one. His performance against Stoke sums up what's wrong with the team at the moment, an inability to string more than 4 passes together without giving the ball away. He should be replaced and/or sold in the summer as a top priority. 

He literally cannot pass a ball in a straight line!

Yet he had a 91% pass completion...

Really! I am surpised - I guess what I meant to say was that he seems like he is trying to dislocate his hip when making a simple 5 yrd pass.

He literally cannot pass a ball in a straight line!

Yet he had a 91% pass completion...

Really! I am surpised - I guess what I meant to say was that he seems like he is trying to dislocate his hip when making a simple 5 yrd pass.

Was that his pass rate to Stoke players? Couldn't have been to team mates!

It's weird when people say that someone's passing was poor, but then the stats show otherwise. I wonder whether people only remember the negative stuff a player does if they've got an existing low view of him?

I didn't see the game yesterday, but according to the stats, only four of his fourty five passes went astray.

He has become something of a laughing stoke amongst Villa fans. But last season, our form took an upturn and he was in that side. I remember him looking a bit raw, but he loved a tackle and did actually read the game quite well. IF he had a run of games then we would be able to judge better. Last season some raved about him, this season he has hardly played and as stated by others looks rusty. In a nutshell he needs game time. There is a player there.

• Like 1

It's weird when people say that someone's passing was poor, but then the stats show otherwise. I wonder whether people only remember the negative stuff a player does if they've got an existing low view of him?

I didn't see the game yesterday, but according to the stats, only four of his fourty five passes went astray.

Fans will see what they want to see. Some will only see the negatives and some will see just the positives - some might see both. He was not the only one - Vlaar, Baker, Bertrand, Bacuna, Delph,Westwood,Benteke,Gabby Weiman,Albrighton (in other words MOST of the team) also made 'crap' passes not just Sylla, but as we all know (well some at least) Sylla is crap any way.

Seems to me unfair to just pick one player - most of the players played their part (or not played thier part). Even the dog's bollocks of last week (Bacuna) had a bad game.

This is a young Villa side and can be forgiven to some extent regards to inconsistencies - but the senior players (Gabby Weiman to name just two) should step up and lead by example.

This same team could just go out next Saturday and spring a surprise - they are THAT unpredictable. Most had written them off for the Chelsea game!.

Just saying - maybe I'm wrong and everyone else knows better than me!

• Like 1

I've always liked Sylla, and thought he was the obvious replacement for El Ahmadi yesterday, but he was poor.

He made passes, but he made the most pointless passes. I remember him getting the ball and passing it 5 yards to Westwood, Westwood gave it him back and he passed it 5 yards to someone else. Westwood could have done that pass himself, had Sylla not been stood inbetween him and the other player (Bacuna, possibly?)

Sylla looked very frightened to pass forwards or try a slightly risky pass.

There was also a point when Benteke had the ball, and Sylla was stood literally 2 feet away from him, with no Stoke players around either of them. Benteke didn't pass to Sylla, because there was no point. I think Sylla was hiding out Yesterday, too scared to mess up.

Edited by Rob182

Don't rate him but actually don't think he did too much wrong yesterday.

Well I remember him initially losing the ball which led to the 3rd goal. But hey people are right we had most players under performing after the first 10 minutes of the game it was a really poor performance for the whole team with no one putting in a good stint.

I just wondered if KEA could not have been replaced by one of our 'promising' younger players rather than a player so shockingly out of form? Does Lambert actually watch them in training?

It was a disjointed performance from the whole team. We lacked enthusiasm, drive, determination and discipline. There was little or no movement in the game from the front 6 which has so often been the case for us. Our only really mobile midfielder is Delph and whilst he is probablymour best player at the moment he won't make the step up to a really top team.

Westwood, KEA and Sylla are hardly a Keane, Ya Ya or Gerrard type player who can take the game by the scruff of the neck when things aren't going well. Delph tries his best but he can't do it on his own. When the team plays well as a whole the midfield looks good but when the team struggles as a whole they haven't got what it takes to lift a team and re-take lost momentum. We went on the back foot after Benteke's goal and never came forward again.

Baker got owned by Crouch first half. atleast he tried to do somethign about it. Where the hell was our Captain Marvel Agbonlahor. totally irrelevant second half from him. He lacks off the ball movement as do so many of our players. When you are being pressed and your team aren't moving for you, you've only got one place to go and that's backwards and ultimately to your keeper to hoof it up and 9 times out of 10 lose possession.

WE ARE NOT MOBILE ENOUGH AND IT MAKES ME SICK CUASE IT'S NOT ROCKET SCIENCE IT'S PASSING A BLOODY BALL AROUND A PIECE OF TURF. ARE FOOTBALLERS AND COACHES REALLY SO STUPID THAT THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW WHEN YOU HAVEN'T GOT THE BALL YOU HAVE TO TRY TO FIND SPACE OR CREATE MOVEMENT TO ALLOW OTHERS TO FIND SPACE TO RECIEVE A PASS. YOU DON'T DO IT ONCE AND THEN STOP YOU DO IT CONTINUOUSLY WHEN YOU'VE GOT THE BALL.

#fuming

It's

Â