Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

• 4 months later...

He was an all-round weird signing. At first it seemed like a kind of sick joke that he was all we signed that January. Then he came into the side, played creditably well and definitely had a role in keeping us up. Then the next season he looked like a park player, totally out of his depth, before we sent him on a totally dead-end loan to a small team in Turkey. 

In retrospect, it is a miracle that we stayed up in 2012/13, and without Wigan's cup run we never would have done. Compare him to Cleverley, who's playing in a roughly analogous position. What were we thinking?

Think you'd struggle to find any midfielder in England's top 5 leagues who had a worse range of passing / was worse on the ball than this lad.

That being said, he was physical, and I think he unintentionally galvanised the team when he first signed. I'll be sad to see him go to be honest

He was an all-round weird signing. At first it seemed like a kind of sick joke that he was all we signed that January. Then he came into the side, played creditably well and definitely had a role in keeping us up. Then the next season he looked like a park player, totally out of his depth, before we sent him on a totally dead-end loan to a small team in Turkey.

In retrospect, it is a miracle that we stayed up in 2012/13, and without Wigan's cup run we never would have done. Compare him to Cleverley, who's playing in a roughly analogous position. What were we thinking?

I find it amazing that this current squad are not going to get more points than that squad we had Lambert's first year.

Myko, in his first few minutes his passing was good, and he seemed pretty good at the ol' quick, one-touch passing.

Saying that though, I don't mind us letting him go. I'm just a little bit surprised at the stories lately about players x,y&z that have been allowed to leave. I thought Sherwood would welcome some of them back to make an impression and see if Sherwood could make use of them, or get some better performances from them with a view to increasing their value.

Ill remember him for nicking the ball and starting the counter for that 3rd goal at Stoke when we had 4 v 1 in their half of the pitch. And what would have been an absolute screamer against Reading, an angled drive that went mm's over. And being the big guys chauffeur.

Other than that, he will go down as one of our most obscure signings

I would take 1m olives, then lift the international trade embargo and give them all to Cuba in return for a proper eye test.

Edited by Kingman
  • Like 1

He looked like an enforcer when he came in that would sit in midfield and break up play but he never ever did that. Hard to tell what type of player he was trying to be. Knowing our luck we will sell for a million and he will end up leaving for big money from his next club :P

Â