Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

Losing the ball for the 3rd goal, considering they played 15 to 20 passes after and then Baker back-heeling it. Yep thats Sylla's fault for the 3rd goal. He had a bad game, but as said they all did. Which promising young player?

Yes rubbish performance by the whole team but Sylla looked lost when he came on so I remember that. Lambert singular style is a real shackle when we have to accommodate changes.

I don't know the younger players that much any more but I thought we won the NextGen series but no one seems to break into the first team team like other sides have had. Please enlighten me on the 'promising youngsters'.

Losing the ball for the 3rd goal, considering they played 15 to 20 passes after and then Baker back-heeling it. Yep thats Sylla's fault for the 3rd goal. He had a bad game, but as said they all did. Which promising young player?

Yes rubbish performance by the whole team but Sylla looked lost when he came on so I remember that. Lambert singular style is a real shackle when we have to accommodate changes.

I don't know the younger players that much any more but I thought we won the NextGen series but no one seems to break into the first team team like other sides have had. Please enlighten me on the 'promising youngsters'.

You mentioned promising players not me. So you remember him losing the ball, but forgot the 20 passes made by Stoke and the backheel by Baker. Winning any sort of youth competition doesn't mean you have better players, a better team yes but players with ability, they are hard to come by. Other teams have the luxury of bringing in youth players as they have better players around them to help them, unfortunately we don't have anyone of the ilk of Southgate helping Barry through games.

Yet he had a 91% pass completion...

When will people realise that stats like this mean less than nothing in Football. It's not a statistical game like Cricket or American Football and it never will be.

Yet he had a 91% pass completion...

When will people realise that stats like this mean less than nothing in Football. It's not a statistical game like Cricket or American Football and it never will be.

Eh? When people are saying he can't pass I think a stat showing the opposite isn't meaningless.

• Like 1

Eh? When people are saying he can't pass I think a stat showing the opposite isn't meaningless.

But it is meaningless, if you watch him play you can see he can't pass. You don't need some BS statistic to tell you whether your right or wrong. If you went by statistics players who just pass the ball 5 yards sideways/backwards every time would be the best CM's of all time.  

:huh: So passing the ball five yards and keeping possession doesn't count as a pass any more?

I don't even think had a good game. But to say he can't pass is wrong, especially when his passes were very similar to Westwood's.

I hadn't seen him play all season but kept seeing others say how horrible he was in his few appearances.   I expected him to play much worse than he did and don't think he was any worse than most of them.   High praise, I realize, but I don't think he deserved to be singled out as particularly bad yesterday.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not happy wants to leave on loan 

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/yacouba-sylla-a-talent-frozen-out/

Aston Villa have had by all means an unremarkable season in the Premier League which is likely to see them narrowly escape from the clutches of relegation yet again. One man in that very squad who has been able to do very little about that is French defensive midfielder Yacouba Sylla. 

The player has told France Football today that he is unhappy and will seek to leave Aston Villa this summer, ideally on loan to a ‘good Ligue 1 club’.

Sylla told journalist and friend of Get French Football News, Tanguy Le Seviller, why he was unhappy: 

‘I am always on the bench and never on the pitch. Even if I do get to visit some wonderful stadiums and that life here is different than in France, I am not happy because I am not playing. I am not here on tourism.’

‘Okay, my situation is not as dramatic as I have just made it sound but for somebody who loves football and does not get to play, I cannot be happy because I am not expressing myself on the pitch every weekend.’

Yacouba Sylla goes on to admit that he still has hope that Paul Lambert will give him a chance, because it was he who had wanted to bring the ex-Clermont man in during the January transfer window of 2013:

‘It encourages me to keep hope. I am working hard in training. Last season, I contributed to keeping the club from relegation. This season it is more complicated. There have been decisions that I did not understand and I have not got the game time I had hoped for.’

‘There are a lot of teams I could contribute to. I think I will leave on loan at the end of the season. I could already have done so in December but the gaffer told me that he was counting on me.’

What I want, is to come back to France, on loan for one year to a good club. A team with a good project. My agent Moussa Sissoko is working for that. There are interested clubs.’

‘Again, the most important thing for me is to play. I am no longer the same man, not the same player. I cannot wait to change all that again.’ 

Aston Villa have had by all means an unremarkable season in the Premier League which is likely to see them narrowly escape from the clutches of relegation yet again. One man in that very squad who has been able to do very little about that is French defensive midfielder Yacouba Sylla.

The player has told France Football today that he is unhappy and will seek to leave Aston Villa this summer, ideally on loan to a ‘good Ligue 1 club’.

Sylla told journalist and friend of Get French Football News, Tanguy Le Seviller, why he was unhappy:

‘I am always on the bench and never on the pitch. Even if I do get to visit some wonderful stadiums and that life here is different than in France, I am not happy because I am not playing. I am not here on tourism.’

‘Okay, my situation is not as dramatic as I have just made it sound but for somebody who loves football and does not get to play, I cannot be happy because I am not expressing myself on the pitch every weekend.’

Yacouba Sylla goes on to admit that he still has hope that Paul Lambert will give him a chance, because it was he who had wanted to bring the ex-Clermont man in during the January transfer window of 2013:

‘It encourages me to keep hope. I am working hard in training. Last season, I contributed to keeping the club from relegation. This season it is more complicated. There have been decisions that I did not understand and I have not got the game time I had hoped for.’

‘There are a lot of teams I could contribute to. I think I will leave on loan at the end of the season. I could already have done so in December but the gaffer told me that he was counting on me.’

What I want, is to come back to France, on loan for one year to a good club. A team with a good project. My agent Moussa Sissoko is working for that. There are interested clubs.’

‘Again, the most important thing for me is to play. I am no longer the same man, not the same player. I cannot wait to change all that again.’

ta ra

The player has told France Football today that he is unhappy and will seek to leave Aston Villa this summer, ideally on loan to a ‘good Ligue 1 club’.

Sylla told journalist and friend of Get French Football News, Tanguy Le Seviller, why he was unhappy:

‘It encourages me to keep hope. I am working hard in training. Last season, I contributed to keeping the club from relegation. This season it is more complicated. There have been decisions that I did not understand and I have not got the game time I had hoped for.’

What I want, is to come back to France, on loan for one year to a good club. A team with a good project. My agent Moussa Sissoko is working for that. There are interested clubs.’

He won't be missed, as he's an awful player, but interesting that the comments come out this week.  I think Lambert is losing his grip on his job more and more every day.

• Like 2

The player has told France Football today that he is unhappy and will seek to leave Aston Villa this summer, ideally on loan to a ‘good Ligue 1 club’.

Sylla told journalist and friend of Get French Football News, Tanguy Le Seviller, why he was unhappy: 

‘It encourages me to keep hope. I am working hard in training. Last season, I contributed to keeping the club from relegation. This season it is more complicated. There have been decisions that I did not understand and I have not got the game time I had hoped for.’

What I want, is to come back to France, on loan for one year to a good club. A team with a good project. My agent Moussa Sissoko is working for that. There are interested clubs.’

I've said it a few times, Sylla, and a few others, have really suffered from the lack of a reserve league this season. He looked a real find at times last season, but not having played this year it's no wonder he looks rusty when he gets a 30 minute cameo. A loan move might be best all round. I still think he could have a future here but he needs to play football. He clearly realises that as well. 

• Like 3

I'm ashamed that I ever called for him to be playing more earlier in the season, awful player and if we can even recoup half the money we paid for him, we've had a result.

I've said it a few times, Sylla, and a few others, have really suffered from the lack of a reserve league this season. He looked a real find at times last season, but not having played this year it's no wonder he looks rusty when he gets a 30 minute cameo. A loan move might be best all round. I still think he could have a future here but he needs to play football. He clearly realises that as well. 

I agree, he looked pretty good last season and was one of the reasons for our form picking up.

Its not like hes been complete cack in every appearance is it? We've seen him do pretty well in games last season so hes obviously capable. This season though hes been shambolic but given the circumstances thats perhaps understandable. Loan him out for a year and see if theres a player in there. If not get rid.

It wont be a massive fee were losing either way.

Â