Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

I really think Sylla has been given a bashing on here that is not warranted. 12 months ago fans were applauding the signing as a cheap punt who did make a difference to our desperate situation from the Reading away game onwards.

I personally would have stuck with him at the start of last season but Lambert seemed to be straight away in favour of El-Ahmadi.

If Gardner doesn't really sort himself out this season and make some kind of impact then I think we may just miss Sylla.

• Like 3

Don't think he was THAT bad, he was cheap and on low wages - no damage and worth the gamble

And he gave us something ion the very short term that we really needed at that time and couldn't afford to get from a better player.

It was a signing that did its job, best of luck to him.

• Like 1

I think he'll come back better. At his stage he needs to be playing.

Yeah, I can really see him coming back.  That's happened a lot with players we've bought from France.

He's among the worst I've seen to wear shit in the premier league years, piss poor technically and clueless tactically. 

Got to agree.  Absolutely dreadful player.

I thought his best game for us was the Chelsea home game when Benteke was sent off. He looked a good player towards the end of that season.

Last season though he looked hopeless so no surprise he's gone on loan. Think Luna will be next.

When we played Chelsk 2 seasons back he was the best player on the pitch.Fast,aggressive, combatative, competant on the ball......the modern midfielder if you like, the following season, almost a completely different player.I wonder if he was one of the "victims" of Karsa and Culverhouse.

Would keep hold of him, and hope that he refinds his confidence as i still think he could develop into a very good player.Prefer him to Westwood any day of the week when he plays like he did against Chelsk.

• Like 1

Irrespective of his quality, Sylla is our only real physical defensive midfielder that was likely to get some game time next season. His leaving would indicate perhaps another player coming in.

He has no quality, so what utility does a physical lump offer in midfield? None is the answer. 

Irrespective of his quality, Sylla is our only real physical defensive midfielder that was likely to get some game time next season. His leaving would indicate perhaps another player coming in.

He has no quality, so what utility does a physical lump offer in midfield? None is the answer. 

That's not my point at all. I wasn't commenting on his quality or what he may, or may not, add to the team. I was saying that he is the only midfielder of his type (in terms of build) in the squad and, as such, was likely to get some game time, through injuries to others, or as a tactical sub.  

His departure may indicate another DM arriving.

Â