Yacouba Sylla

darrenm

What are the nasty things being said that are getting the usual people upset enough to moan at other fans?

I can see people saying he's not very good and he won't be missed. compared to what some ex players, managers and owners have had said about them it seems people are just being a tad touchy to have a moan.

I admit my comment was uncalled for. It's easy to go to far behind a keyboard. That being said I don't really agree with the people saying he was a big part of the rescue operation last season. He's never really showed any ability to justify getting anywhere near the first team, either on the ball or as ball wining midfielder.

I admit my comment was uncalled for. It's easy to go to far behind a keyboard. That being said I don't really agree with the people saying he was a big part of the rescue operation last season. He's never really showed any ability to justify getting anywhere near the first team, either on the ball or as ball wining midfielder.

He was excellent against Sunderland and played well against Norwich. 6 massive points.

He may not have turned out brilliant but he came in at a time and gave us something we were critically lacking, aggression, energy and played without fear and I will thank him for that, he contributed just like everybody else in saving us from what looked like certain relegation.

I don't think we should give up on him just yet, he isn't earning big wages so I say loan him out for a season, get some games and see how he develops.

• Like 2

What are the nasty things being said that are getting the usual people upset enough to moan at other fans?

I can see people saying he's not very good and he won't be missed. compared to what some ex players, managers and owners have had said about them it seems people are just being a tad touchy to have a moan.

Just read through the last couple of pages.

Oh don't be so dramatic for God's sake. No one is "moaning" at other fans, some are just saying that they don't understand the shit he's getting.

• Like 1

He was excellent against Sunderland and played well against Norwich. 6 massive points.

He may not have turned out brilliant but he came in at a time and gave us something we were critically lacking, aggression, energy and played without fear and I will thank him for that, he contributed just like everybody else in saving us from what looked like certain relegation.

I don't think we should give up on him just yet, he isn't earning big wages so I say loan him out for a season, get some games and see how he develops.

From last seasons excellent run I can think of many more that I would put on the list before Sylla. Lowton was great, Benteke obviously. Vlaar coming back in the side, Gabby having his odd period of great form, etc, etc. He was a part of a team full of confidence with something to fight for. I don't really remember those games specifically, aside from the obvious 2 goals from Gabby and the tonking of Sundeland and Paolo Di Canio looking a fool. Going back to the Norwich game match thread and looking at the marks people gave, they comment on him running around a bit, but in general gave him the lowest rating of the lot.

I mean if aggression and energy is all that is required to start for Villa that's a disappointment. I remember him making more unnecessary fouls and giving the ball away then actually winning it. Maybe it's confirmation bias, but I have my doubts. I understand the need for having such player in a midfield trio, but I don't see why Sylla would be the one picked. In my opinion we have better players in our academy and if he wants to move on I have no objections.

Poor player but don't see a lot wrong with what he said, i think he was just a punt tbh. We had a few million quid, the window was about to close and lambert went for it.

A few million quid could gave been used for wages for better players

Poor player but don't see a lot wrong with what he said, i think he was just a punt tbh. We had a few million quid, the window was about to close and lambert went for it.

Sylla did a good job last season to be fair, arguably added balance to our midfield and we managed to avoid relegation. For a few million quid in today's market, I'd say it was money well spent in the short term even if it hasn't worked out in the long run.

I thought he looked like he had some potential as a out and out hard tackling defensive midfielder because he is physical and has good pace and tackling ability.

But then Lambert started to play him wide midfield or in other positions he didn't seem to suit. This season he seems to have lost any first touch he did have and look completely ineffective - getting the wrath of some fans for giving the ball away within seconds of getting it.

Also he is often seen as a wasted sub because when he comes on he isn't an impact player (which is usually what we need our bench to be), i.e. we are losing and we need goals. Sylla maybe could do a job if we were winning by one goal and needed to hold out, or maybe if he played one position for a decent run of games. But at the moment bringing him on when we are losing is pointless.

• Like 2

Yes on the better players we can afford. What don't people get about this?!

its a shame it hasnt worked out for him, i was hoping he was going to be that defensive midfield boss that we so need, guess not, hope he can build on his career elsewhere, its understandable that a footballer wants to play football

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2014/yacouba-sylla-will-join-kayseri-erciyesspor-on-loan/

Yacouba Sylla will join Kayseri Erciyesspor on loan

Get French Football News exclusively understands that Aston Villa defensive midfielder and Frenchman Yacouba Sylla will join Turkish outfit Kayseri Erciyesspor on loan for the coming season.

The player will join central defender John Boye, who refused to renew his contract with Rennes.

Sylla is loaned to the Turkish club without an option to buy clause.

Not surprised he's being shipped out - he's been yet another Makoun/Salifou/Berson-esque 'icon' in the squad!!!!

Although showed glimpses of ability, he was never consistant or really good enough to command a position in our starting XI.

Good luck to him, I hope it works out

After a promising start he begin to look like the worst villa player I've ever seen. Way out of his depth.

Good luck to him.

what even worse than Bowery? A "striker" who scored more for the opposition than us.

Good luck Yac, unfortunately it has not worked out for you at Villa but I hope you go on to prosper at your new club and forge a successful career. You made a big contribution to our survival in 12/13, you have my (and I hope all Villa fans) deepest thanks and gratitude for your efforts. 

Â