Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Lol! Same old load joke.. Remarkable how this club manages to find so many new ways of completely cocking up a promising (Although sadly all to predictably false) position. It's actually boring now. It was so obvious that the annual F**K it up against Man U from a winning position was going to happen i actually stopped watching at 2-0. "The Mrs said have a look you never know" to which i gave a "suprised at such a ridiculous comment" glance. I genuinely didn't even bother to check the result until now what 8:15 as i am off out to work & wouldn't have been able to see the inevitable until tomorrow otherwise & i simply couldn't be arsed to wait that long.

Groundhog day continues at Villa Park.

You turned off a game we were winning 2-0 and refused to even check the result?

I don't believe that's true.

if it is, you're a very odd bloke

I give credit ti Lambert for getting his tactics right. I am still gutted though. Same old story.

Honestly you just have to tip your head to SAF and the winning mental strength he has put into his team. I fooking wish we always had this sense of the inevitable that we would come back late in games. I sure hope one day we will.

I have this sense of the inevitable whenever we go ahead that we'll throw the lead away. Unfortunately this isn't something that's new.

Yep I can remember this happening all the way back in the Brian Little and Gregory days.

Despite all the millions spent since then and different types of managers we've had, it seems to be a negative club trait we have.

As much as I wanted to fight it, as I was sitting there watches us take a two goal lead I just knew we wouldn't be winning it today. It's just what United do against the Villa.

That said, the performance was picture perfect for 50 odd minutes, we really gave it a go and we scored two brilliant goals. Sadly United just have that quality, Scholes was amazing today and when you can bring on a player like Hernandez, well just says it all really. We gave some sloppy goals away but there were plenty of positives out there today.

How refreshing, yes we lost still but compare that to 12 months ago when Mcleish had us surrender.

For the first hour we were brilliant, Lambert had his boys really rocking, the only problem is Man Utd grind you down, always do. This was a harsh lesson for our young team but they should take heart from such a performance.

In fairness, look at the goals, the first one takes about four ricashades off his ankle and he still manages to get it through Guzan's legs, the second is going wide and the third the smallest man in the box scores, not our day! Andi should have buried that header though

As much as I wanted to fight it, as I was sitting there watches us take a two goal lead I just knew we wouldn't be winning it today. It's just what United do against the Villa.

That said, the performance was picture perfect for 50 odd minutes, we really gave it a go and we scored two brilliant goals. Sadly United just have that quality, Scholes was amazing today and when you can bring on a player like Hernandez, well just says it all really. We gave some sloppy goals away but there were plenty of positives out there today.

Totally.

It really is no surprise to me that since we've been playing this 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 formation we're looking so much better. We played it during pre-season and looked very good. Then for some reason we went to 4-4-2 for about 5 games on the bounce and just looked terrible. Wish we had of kept playing the 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 formation for all games so far. We wouldn't be near the relegation zone IMO. I've been crying for us to play 4-5-1 all season and I just hope Lambert keeps it this way now. Our midfield is just far too weak to play 4.

• Like 1

Tbf it's not just against the Villa. They're a top team who never know when they're beaten, and regularly make comebacks to win games. We needed a lucky day like Spuds had at Old Trafford a few weeks ago, but sadly we didn't have it yesterday.

Tbf it's not just against the Villa. They're a top team who never know when they're beaten, and regularly make comebacks to win games. We needed a lucky day like Spuds had at Old Trafford a few weeks ago, but sadly we didn't have it yesterday.

If Weimann's header had gone in at 2-2, it might have been a different story. We could have won it, most likely drawn it. But fair play to the lad, he'd scored 2 good goals before that. If he keeps getting into those positions he'll score every week.

United has been down in 7 games this season. They have won 5 of them. It is what they do.

United has been down in 7 games this season. They have won 5 of them. It is what they do.

It sure would be nice if it became what we do. Thats all down to the manager. Hopefully Lambert can instill that in our players. To be fair we went to the final whistle but we have a long way before we have that "we can win this even 2 down" kind of determination.