Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Do not think there is any chance of Harry managing Scotland. He is still at the height of his career, and even though he is a word removed he is up for pretty much every top job in the country when available. What sucks for him is the timing, every club got a new manager and nobody really needs him now. Scotland is a tiny footballing nation with no chances of winning anything, so I don't think he wants to go there now. International jobs are mostly for people ending their careers, just strolling away with the last paycheck doing less work than at a club, e.g Trapattoni.

With Trappatoni at Ireland is it really that far fetched to suggest Redknapp to Scotland?

Now i don't think he'll go there but it's not fully impossible

An Englishman managing Scotland would be a contentious point at any time. At a time when Scottish independence is being decided it is unthinkable.

With Trappatoni at Ireland is it really that far fetched to suggest Redknapp to Scotland?

Now i don't think he'll go there but it's not fully impossible

its way off topic but Trappatoni is paid by an Irish businessman and not FAI. Scotland would need to find someone similar and pay more as Trap on 1.5 million a year. im sure Arry was probably on closer to 3 million at Spurs

Here's what Lambert said in his press conference -

Interviewer - We're asking anyone high profile and Scottish if they want the job so first of all, are you interested?

Lambert - Am I?! No, no, no. No, I'm really happy in club football and I think it'll be a great honour for whoever gets it. it's my own country, I want to see it do really well and I want to see the lads qualify for a major tournament because it'd be great for the country because they've took a lot of knocks. Whoever gets the job, it's a great thing for them. Whether it's Gordon [strachan] or Owen [Coyle] or whoever, Joe Jordan, whoever gets that job then I'll support them the way a lot of Scottish people do.

As Brumerican said, yes and no. Lambert is seen as a young up and coming manager (which he is) whereas Redknapp seems to be seen as some sort of managerial genius.

Yes Lambert is seen as 'a young up and coming manager' but my point was that Lambert has been a tad overrated here especially with the start we have just had and i would turn it around a little with the comments 'in Lambert we trust' which i've seen quite a bit on here. He has done nothing yet to deserve our trust and in fact quite the opposite as a manager is ultimately judged on his results.

Conversely, i haven't yet seen anyone describe Redknapp 'as some sort of managerial genius.' He is however a very good manager and has a good record of turning clubs around, being able to get the right players into a system that works.

I think it's very wrong to put phrases out there which just looks like you either have a personal dislike of the manager or suffering from the all too frequent sour grapes.

So you don't think a new manager should be trusted? It's not even like Lambert has been terrible so far. Ok league results have not been great but we've done well in the cups, he's made some good signings and he's trying to put a proper scouting system in place.

Of course nobody has explicitly called him a managerial genius but it's pretty cringe-worthy how is hailed as every club's potential saviour. People seem to forget that he relegated Southampton once.

Here's what Lambert said in his press conference -

Interviewer - We're asking anyone high profile and Scottish if they want the job so first of all, are you interested?

Lambert - Am I?! No, no, no. No, I'm really happy in club football and I think it'll be a great honour for whoever gets it. it's my own country, I want to see it do really well and I want to see the lads qualify for a major tournament because it'd be great for the country because they've took a lot of knocks. Whoever gets the job, it's a great thing for them. Whether it's Gordon [strachan] or Owen [Coyle] or whoever, Joe Jordan, whoever gets that job then I'll support them the way a lot of Scottish people do.

That to me is the usual clap trap that any manager would bring out when in charge of another club. However i was just putting it out there that it could have been a possibility that he was approached especially if he was still at Norwich.

So you don't think a new manager should be trusted? It's not even like Lambert has been terrible so far. Ok league results have not been great but we've done well in the cups, he's made some good signings and he's trying to put a proper scouting system in place.

Of course nobody has explicitly called him a managerial genius but it's pretty cringe-worthy how is hailed as every club's potential saviour. People seem to forget that he relegated Southampton once.

No i don't think a manager with the track record of lambert should gain the automatic trust of the club's fans. Like you said he is 'a young up and coming manager' so he has to earn that trust with results first. Results in the Cup have been good, yet in the league, they have been poor. I also don't think that putting a scouting system in place should automatically earn you the trust of the fans, as even us mere mortals on VT could see that we needed that. For me his signings have been at best average and unbalanced due to what we actually needed.

As far as Redknapp is concerned being touted 'as every club's potential saviour' is probably nearer the mark but that certain amount of trust within that statement, i feel has been at least earned by his managerial CV and therein lies the difference for me.

Lambert has got a fairly good track record though. He deserves trust.

As for Redknapp, just because he's got a decent track record doesn't mean he's automatically every club's saviour.

I would rather base my trust in someone who has lifted a club from the bottom half of the Premiership into the Champion's league than someone who has promoted Norwich and then walked out on them. That for me does not deserve instant trust.

Where have i said Redknapp is 'automatically every club's saviour?' That was inferred in your post not mine so please, yet again, stop trying to put words in people's mouths just to try and score some brownie points for yourself. It really is tedious now.