Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Substitutions yesterday were stupid. Nzog scores and looks our most threatening player and he takes him off! Also don't think he should have taken Weimann off. It seemed to me he lost the plot yesterday and was settling for 1 point when we had a great opportunity to get all 3.

• Like 1

zonal marking had nothing to do with the goal at all. every team has a player standing where Delph was placed

Let me fix that for you...

Every team has a player standing in the right place! And not one of the smallest blokes on the pitch babby sitting the the post/goal line.

The decision to sub Zog was **** terrible, unless he was injured.

Zog came in and was our best attacking threat by far - he should be starting instead of Bowery if fit - Bowery did ok yesterday but shouldn't start week in week out.

• Like 1

The thing that I struggle to understand with it is why continue with the sub once they equalise? If the plan was to protect a 1-0 lead then why continue with that once it became

Not even lambert knows mate, Thats why we have been in this awfull mess all season!

Because Lambert is simply tactically inept. We lost all shape when he took off Zog and Weimann...... he's just not that great of a manager. Seen him make the wrong decisions all season. We will have plenty of good entertaining games under Lambert. But he's by no means some tactical genius, the complete opposite in fact. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Why play Bowery as a winger when we have Dawkins ?

Why play Bowery and why have Dawkins ?

Both of them are a raised middle finger in the face of the academy players

zonal marking had nothing to do with the goal at all. every team has a player standing where Delph was placed

Every team has a player standing in the right place! And not one of the smallest blokes on the pitch babby sitting the the post/goal line.

the problem was delph should of been closer to the goal in order to give himself a run at the ball to clear it away but his positioning meant he had a standing jump and got caught out. it was an individual error that caused the goal.!

• Like 1

the problem was delph should of been closer to the goal in order to give himself a run at the ball to clear it away but his positioning meant he had a standing jump and got caught out. it was an individual error that caused the goal.!

No shit sherlock, As above lol

Back on topic... Lambert is still inept!

Edited by sutherland

Thing was worries me - is how could the manager continually select Ciaran Clark ahead of Baker all season ? - I won't say baker hasn't put a foot wrong - but when he does he atones for it in other ways. Lambert must see this, and sees Baker day in day out in training - yet its taken an injury to get the better player in the team ?

I said from day 1 - it was brave decision to make Clark a 1st choice CB - It seems even worse now we realise we had a better player in the squad all along

Thing was worries me - is how could the manager continually select Ciaran Clark ahead of Baker all season ? - I won't say baker hasn't put a foot wrong - but when he does he atones for it in other ways. Lambert must see this, and sees Baker day in day out in training - yet its taken an injury to get the better player in the team ?

I said from day 1 - it was brave decision to make Clark a 1st choice CB - It seems even worse now we realise we had a better player in the squad all along

I'd probably put that on Clark having played "more" than Baker when the season started

After all, we know how everyone here loves "experience"

Edited by Kwan

It's not the case that Clark has been played over Baker ALL season.

For long periods Vlaar has been out meaning they have both played, there's also been several games where Baker has played LB with Clark also in the team.

I'd say there's only actually been a handful of occasions where Clark has been preferred to Baker.

Currently though Baker gets the nod over Clark on merit.

Still tactically inept, Proved yet again yesterday along with zonal marking and baffling subs!

Plus at this stage last season McLeish had us in a better position. 

By playing anti-football

I'd rather us be where we are now, with the up and down entertaining season we've had rather than dreading every game because it's dreadful to watch.