Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Give it up Morpheus, you really are clutching at straws on this one.

VillaCas clearly didn't state that we would be safe on 35 points.

There's plenty of perfectly legitimate sticks you can beat Cas with. You don't have to make ones up.

Look back in the tread and tell me a mod calling him mental for the statement he has made is making things up.

No lets ignore that and just concentrate on what avoid means?

I made my point and left it.

Look at your above post. "No way will we need 40pts this season. It looks so tight that it might be possible to avoid relegation with as low as 35pts this time round."

Avoid and safe pretty much means the same thing in the context you were using it but then when challenged by a few posters you've tried to retract it as you usually do.

Maybe you should look up the words might and possible. Especially when they're put together.

Spot on Pelle

Morpheus seems to find it hard to comprehend english. Very clearly my point was that 40 points may not be needed and that it might be possible to stay up on as few as 35 points. Whilst 40 is a good target to have in the previous five seasons 35 has been enough twice, 36 once, 37 once and 39 once so not reaching 40 points does not mean automatic relegation.

Clutching at straws Morpheus - shame on you

Nice try 'VillaCas.'

I understand what avoid and implication means but i'll now take 'BOF'S' prompt and leave it.

Give it up Morpheus, you really are clutching at straws on this one.

VillaCas clearly didn't state that we would be safe on 35 points.

There's plenty of perfectly legitimate sticks you can beat Cas with. You don't have to make ones up.

Look back in the tread and tell me a mod calling him mental for the statement he has made is making things up.

No lets ignore that and just concentrate on what avoid means?

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

He gave the Youth Team their pre match team talk before the Next Gen final. Didn't know that and I applaud him for working for the club and not just the first team.

I love the way you just ignore the rest of the rubbish going on in this thread and come up with something totally random like this... LOL. so so random but good opinion i must say... :cheers:

Edited by kevangrealish

He gave the Youth Team their pre match team talk before the Next Gen final. Didn't know that and I applaud him for working for the club and not just the first team.

I love the way you just ignore the rest of the rubbish going on in this thread and come up with something totally random like this... LOL. so so random but good opinion i must say... :cheers:

Full blown arguments on message boards are a bit secondary school in my opinion, especially when we're all on here due to our support for Villa.

But yeah, it's refreshing to see a manager (of ours) taking a genuine interest in the U19's etc. Might be the kinda thing that stops some of our better young talents leaving us.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 2

Look at your above post. "No way will we need 40pts this season. It looks so tight that it might be possible to avoid relegation with as low as 35pts this time round."

Avoid and safe pretty much means the same thing in the context you were using it but then when challenged by a few posters you've tried to retract it as you usually do.

Maybe you should look up the words might and possible. Especially when they're put together.

Spot on Pelle

Morpheus seems to find it hard to comprehend english. Very clearly my point was that 40 points may not be needed and that it might be possible to stay up on as few as 35 points. Whilst 40 is a good target to have in the previous five seasons 35 has been enough twice, 36 once, 37 once and 39 once so not reaching 40 points does not mean automatic relegation.

Clutching at straws Morpheus - shame on you

Nice try 'VillaCas.'

I understand what avoid and implication means but i'll now take 'BOF'S' prompt and leave it.

So in your world "it might be possible to stay up on as few as 35 pts" means exactly the same as "we'll be safe on 35 pts"

Is english your first language?

You really are scraping the barrel

You beat me to it, PieFacE! Having read the last page and a half I was just reaching for the keyboard to say how tiresome this all is. Wouldn't mind a decent debate about something or other on here.

Edited by briny_ear

You beat me to it, PieFacE! Having read the last page and a half I was just reaching for the keyboard to say how tiresome this all is. Wouldn't mind a decent debate about something or other on here.

Shall we discuss MON again? :lol:

• Like 1

Away from the arguments over how many points it will take..

Paul Lambert has shown guts in the QPR and Stoke games to set us up to play with attacking impetus. I am so pleased that the corner looks to be turning for him.

But the real tests of his ability could come now in the Fulham and Sunderland games. He hasn't been able to get consistently good performances at home yet, particularly in games we've gone into feeling good about.

Translation:

Lukaku: Idiot! Tackle him again and you'll see what happens. You've seen the ref?
Lukaku: Well played. Fault, ref.
Lukaku: word removed!
Benteke:My coach always says that.What does it mean? Idiot?
Lukaku: yes (while hazard is flicking bentekes ear). Does he say that too the players?
Benteke: yes

Oh Lambo  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Translation:

Lukaku: Idiot! Tackle him again and you'll see what happens. You've seen the ref?
Lukaku: yes (while hazard is flicking bentekes ear). Does he say that too the players?

I saw that video last night, completely baffled at the ear flicking, but that translation is hilarious haha

Translation:

I saw that video last night, completely baffled at the ear flicking, but that translation is hilarious haha

Complaining about derailing a thread and then posting a video link of benteke getting his ears flicked in a thread about Paul Lambert.

You couldn't make it up.

Paul Lambert isn't Benteke's coach then?

Or does he mean Marc Wilmots?

Hmmmm.............. :detect:

Edited by turnbull

Complaining about derailing a thread and then posting a video link of benteke getting his ears flicked in a thread about Paul Lambert.

You couldn't make it up.

Isnt the video actually Benteke referencing Lambert at one point,  or have I misread that?