Paul Lambert

Pilchard

I didn't think I'd gone as high as 6th, I thought I'd said 8th. That must be in another topic. In January I remember altering it to 12th based on Lambert getting some money to spend, but he didn't.

That said, I don't think 12th will be too far off from where we finish.

so if you expected us to finish 16th so why are you moaning that we are not overachieving?

If you loo in the actal thread you'll find i said 16-18 depending on us strenghtening in january, that was rounded up to 16 by the poster who made the list as it had to be a specific number.

And why would i moan if i thought we were overachieving?

What i find a bit strange is that many of those who expected us to finish high up in the league and therefore ought to be most dissapointed by Lambert and the team are still his most vocal supporters and are still fiercly protective when someone dare to suggest that Lambert might have a few chinks in his shiny armour.

If someone isn't doing as well as you expected, it doesn't necessarily mean they're doing a bad job.

What i find a bit strange is that many of those who expected us to finish high up in the league and therefore ought to be most dissapointed by Lambert and the team are still his most vocal supporters and are still fiercly protective when someone dare to suggest that Lambert might have a few chinks in his shiny armour.

If someone isn't doing as well as you expected, it doesn't necessarily mean they're doing a bad job.

Or, if a collective entity of many individuals conspire to not do as well as you expected, it doesn't necessarily mean that a single part of that entity is doing a bad job.

Or, if a collective entity of many individuals conspire to not do as well as you expected, it doesn't necessarily mean that a single part of that entity is doing a bad job.

Agreed.

But it does mean he, they or it isn't living up to your expectations. 

As i said i don't think Lambert is doing a bad job after his ability we are performing pretty much as i expected (or feared) under Lambert which is why i wasn't very excited about us hiring him in the first place.

Mind you i wasn't against him, i was just a tad apprehensive and thought there be better options. And i have no idea if they had worked out better or even worse

Edited by sne

Agreed.

But it does mean he, they or it isn't living up to your expectations. 

And, again, that doesn't necessarily mean he's doing a bad job.

if we stay up, i want Lambert out, we cant go true this again.

Yep good thinking - sack another manager and rebuild again next season. What can go wrong? I can't work out why this rebuilding thing isn't working instantly hmmmmm

if we stay up, i want Lambert out, we cant go true this again.

Then what'll happen? We get a new manager, with new ideas and spend another season rebuilding? No, we need to cut that shit out, suck it up and stick with PL.

Some people in this thread are so myopic that they are unable to comprehend that it's possible to back the manager despite the league position being slightly lower than had been anticipated. For these binary individuals, for whom nuance is a foreign concept, allow me to elaborate - using my own experience - how this might be possible. 

Crowds are up, support is pretty good right now. What exactly are you looking for? 

We'll have to do better than 17th (possibly 18th after tonight) and knocked out of both cups by lower league opposition for some of us to be convinced of Lambert's divinity. There's nothing traiterous about that. 

We don't have a crop of young players like Man U did in 1995 and this isn't football manager, it's not as simple as buying youngsters and then being patient. 

Some people in this thread are so myopic that they are unable to comprehend that it's possible to back the manager despite the league position being slightly lower than had been anticipated. For these binary individuals, for whom nuance is a foreign concept, allow me to elaborate - using my own experience - how this might be possible. 

Crowds are up, support is pretty good right now. What exactly are you looking for? 

We'll have to do better than 17th (possibly 18th after tonight) and knocked out of both cups by lower league opposition for some of us to be convinced of Lambert's divinity. There's nothing traiterous about that. 

We don't have a crop of young players like Man U did in 1995 and this isn't football manager, it's not as simple as buying youngsters and then being patient. 

How can you possibly say that? It's too early to make distinctions either way and may I remind you, they just won the NextGen?