Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Still tactically inept, Proved yet again yesterday along with zonal marking and baffling subs!

Plus at this stage last season McLeish had us in a better position. 

By playing anti-football

I'd rather us be where we are now, with the up and down entertaining season we've had rather than dreading every game because it's dreadful to watch.

And we were just getting worse every for every game and I think we won game that spring, so we're looking far better now, IMO. We seem to be on the up now, instead of sliding like we did then.

We have. We've just drawn way more and lost less.

Yet we still are in a worse position. Would you rather be entertained and be relegated or bored and still in the Premiership with the extra revenue from TV?

Entertained and relegated. Football is entertainment. Not sitting on your hands and drawing 0-0 every week. I was watching out of habit last year. Not because I enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Yet we still are in a worse position. Would you rather be entertained and be relegated or bored and still in the Premiership with the extra revenue from TV?

Don't go round in circles with this argument again. 

We can all see that we're building for the immediate future this season which is good. Lambert should have realised sooner in the season that the defence was very poor by Premier League standards though and played more defensive/offered more protection from the midfield than he has. 

Regardless of whether we get relegated, has this season been more entertaining than last year?

Whatever happens this season will hold in my heart, first ST and first group of away games. Had some real highs that I've never experienced as a footie fan. Also some lows. I'd rather have the rollercoaster of emotions than the apathy I felt last season.

That attitude is as narrow minded as it is selfish.

You have to consider what affect financially relegation would have for the club. Whether you like it or not football is not only about entertainment but it is big business now especially in the Premiership. Also think about job losses at the club and the migration of our better players. Getting out of the Championship is now also just as hard as staying in the Premiership and if it meant accepting less entertaining football to stay in the Premiership then for the reasons stated I'd do it.

Can't believe under any basis relegation would be acceptable to you.

Quote me where I said relegation was acceptable. If we go down this year, I still would have preferred the season a whole because it's been more entertaining. Relegation on the back of last season would be enough to contemplate suicide. Obviously I'd rather stay up, but if football is measured on entertainment value then this season wins.

Selfish? Regardless of whether I enjoyed this season doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Seriously, last year I was so close to giving up on caring about football. So staying up didn't really matter.

We can all see that we're building for the immediate future this season which is good. Lambert should have realised sooner in the season that the defence was very poor by Premier League standards though and played more defensive/offered more protection from the midfield than he has.

No one going in circles on this one. A poster has just implied that playing entertaining football is more important than staying in the Premiership. Never heard that from any fan before and its interesting to hear why the poster thinks that way.

Because believe it or not, football is about entertainment.

All I said was, this season was been more entertaining than last regardless of what happens next. Don't try and twist my words.

• Like 1

Quote me where I said relegation was acceptable. If we go down this year, I still would have preferred the season a whole because it's been more entertaining. Relegation on the back of last season would be enough to contemplate suicide. Obviously I'd rather stay up, but if football is measured on entertainment value then this season wins.

Selfish? Regardless of whether I enjoyed this season doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things.

Seriously, last year I was so close to giving up on caring about football. So staying up didn't really matter.

But you've just stated 'entertained and relegated.'

All I said was, this season was been more entertaining than last regardless of what happens next. Don't try and twist my words.

The thing is though if you want guaranteed entertainment go to a film, a gig, the theatre. 

Football is relevant due to it's history, cultural impact and the bond a football club has with the local community. It's not just about entertainment at all. 

The thing is though if you want guaranteed entertainment go to a film, a gig, the theatre. 

Football is relevant due to it's history, cultural impact and the bond a football club has with the local community. It's not just about entertainment at all. 

Never said it was just about entertainment. It's a HUGE part of it though. I really don't understand how what I've said is so extreme :/

I personally have preferred this season to last, because even though we stayed up, it nearly put me off football completely. This season has been about rebuilding, some really exciting moments, and has been more entertaining than last. That isn't too crazy.

• Like 2

All I've ever said is that this season has been more entertaining than last. Stop putting words in my mouth. I do believe that's against the site rules.

Read my question and your answer. Not exactly a mis quote is it and please don't lecture me on site rules. As I've told you before leave that to the mods.

IN MY OPINION, this season will stand as more entertaining whatever happens. This is down to a combination of my personal experiences and the season as a whole. Last season was utterly dreadful. It nearly put many people off the Villa. I doubt we'd have sold half the ST's we sold if McLeish was still here.

Hell, I don't want relegation at all. I'll be absolutely gutted if we do go down. 

No one going in circles on this one. A poster has just implied that playing entertaining football is more important than staying in the Premiership. Never heard that from any fan before and its interesting to hear why the poster thinks that way.

Would you rather have another season of McLeish, 0-0's everywhere and 6 defenders on the pitch, staying up by 1 point or have the season we've had with its huge highs and lows and go down? What's the point of playing in the premiership if we're not going to compete? 

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Now who is putting words in another person's mouth. 

You're basically saying you're a fair weather fan which is fair enough. I went to fewer games last season but I was never going to give up on the club or "football completely".