Paul Lambert

Pilchard

sorry cant seem to get the pic to show, can anyone else get it to work?

great photo

o-LAMBERT-570.jpg

So you got to ask yourself one question......do you feel lucky punk!!!!

Great result last night…to be honest I was expecting a bit of a kicking, great to see the team show some character and score 4 goals especially away from home at the current champions

Good thing about last night is other players like Delph, Gabby etc have now given Lambert something to think about but most importantly the other players something to think about.

For years a lot of players have been picked simply because they were there…it looks like Lambert has put a bit of competition in to the team so players now cant automatically assume they will be picked. With Gabby scoring two bet Bent is looking over his shoulder, healthy competition can be only good for the team.

Future is looking good but I do feel there will be some up’s like last night but also some downs like Southampton but its showing more encouraging times ahead more than last two years.

Roll on Sunday

UTV

So just to confirm... We're happy again today are we? Hard to keep up these days, yesterday on this thread we weren't getting enough points to stay up.

I think it's fair to say we need to look at the average somewhere between the 2 extremes this season, there will be games like everton and saints and equally there will be games like last night. It's been banded around a lot the last couple of years but I believe this is truely a season of transition.

So just to confirm... We're happy again today are we? Hard to keep up these days, yesterday on this thread we weren't getting enough points to stay up.

I think it's fair to say we need to look at the average somewhere between the 2 extremes this season, there will be games like everton and saints and equally there will be games like last night. It's been banded around a lot the last couple of years but I believe this is truely a season of transition.

Yep - I think that is right.

We are certain to get spanked a few more times this year and also certain to see more of these "big" performances.

It really goes with Lamberts ethos of going out to win games rather than protecting a result.

Listened to the game on the radio, Which I always find to be way more intense than watching it to be honest. The amount of times the commentators do something like this.....

"villa are playing well today there actually out passing man city (Then suddenly) BENTEKE HAS IT THROUGH THE MIDDLE, HES RUNNING AT THE CITY DEFENDERS! HE LINES UP......and the ball rolls away for a throw in near the centre circle......"

Anyway back to what I actually wanted to say, I looked at the stats and we actually had more possession than Man City, that is a massive achievement away from home especially at the Etihad. So Fair play to Paul and his team, I would have put all my belongings on that stat being the other way round under mcleish. Finally the Villa are becoming interesting to watch again. I dont see us getting to many draws this season!