Paul Lambert

Pilchard

No one specifically singled out Lowton, I never said they did. All I said was that they said "if you buy lower league players that's where you'll end up".

Well considering he was the only lower league player we'd signed it would seem strange for so many to complain like you claim yet not attach any blame to Lowton.

Where did I say "so many" complained?

It isn't logical but then when has VT ever been logical?

:yawn:

Well congratulations making up something to moan about a few fans.

You can respond and have the last post, I know you like that.

No one specifically singled out Lowton, I never said they did. All I said was that they said "if you buy lower league players that's where you'll end up".

Well considering he was the only lower league player we'd signed it would seem strange for so many to complain like you claim yet not attach any blame to Lowton.

Where did I say "so many" complained?

It isn't logical but then when has VT ever been logical?

:yawn:

Well congratulations making up something to moan about a few fans.

You can respond and have the last post, I know you like that.

I never made it up though. Why do you keep saying this?

I don't care about the last word. Stop being so petty and resorting to personal insults.

When Lambert was watching the game yesterday, he may well have been unhappy with our performance at 0-1 up, but perhaps that would not be so logical to understand, so did't say it.

It would only have been 'not so logical to understand' to those fans with a limited brain capacity. The intelligent ones would have understood exactly what he was saying.

I agree

but was just trying to highlight how some watch the game and others just look for the result.

ps.. generalising of course

There were always likely to be big bumps on the way this season. Saints to be fair this season have looked half-decent, much better than 0 points suggested and much better than a lot of the league imo. I think the positives we saw in the previous two games far outweigh the shocking 40 minutes or so yesterday but it is going to take a lot of work. That is why most of us expected nothing better than 12th this season when asked earlier in the summer, and it is not going to be plain sailing. I am still very encouraged by the work Lambert is doing.

Thats the word 'consistency!'

Now how do you get that? I would assume by firstly choosing a system which your players are comfortable with and then buying players who will fit into that system.

Against Newcastle and Swansea we could all see what Lambert was attempting to do and the players knew their specific jobs within that system so why flippin change it to accommodate a target man and drop a young forward who was bursting a gut for you.

You will not get consistency until you stop tinkering!

There were always likely to be big bumps on the way this season. Saints to be fair this season have looked half-decent, much better than 0 points suggested and much better than a lot of the league imo. I think the positives we saw in the previous two games far outweigh the shocking 40 minutes or so yesterday but it is going to take a lot of work. That is why most of us expected nothing better than 12th this season when asked earlier in the summer, and it is not going to be plain sailing. I am still very encouraged by the work Lambert is doing.
Trouble is, if we can't pick up points from teams like Southampton, we are not going to get enough points to make anything like 12th.

Trouble is, if we can't pick up points from teams like Southampton, we are not going to get enough points to make anything like 12th.

Trust me we will pick up plenty of points, especially from the new year onwards and especially at home

Teams have bad games sometimes. Just because we lose 4-1 to Southampton one week doesn't mean we can't win the next game against a superior team.

Teams have bad games sometimes. Just because we lose 4-1 to Southampton one week doesn't mean we can't win the next game against a superior team.

ha ha, i'll have what you're on please

ha ha, i'll have what you're on please

What? :?

i dont think that's the case tbh. we'll drop points against the likes of southampton, then pick up points against surprising teams. that's the hallmark of inconsistency - complete unpredictability. at the moment there are 2 villas, the villa who played newcastle, swansea and tranmere, and the villa who played everton, west ham and southampton. it's a 50/50 split with which one you're going to get on any given day right now, on another day we could have beaten southampton 4-1, and been murdered by swansea

that's going to be the story of our season, so we'll have to get used to it, but just because the teams who beat us are seen as "relegation fodder" or the teams we beat might be pushing for europe, doesn't make us as bad or as good as them respectively. on our day we're very good, on our off days we're awful, the trick is to make the latter a lot less common, and that'll gradually happen as the season progresses

winning a game doesnt mean we're going to finish 6th no more than losing one means we'll be relegated - regardless of opposition

winning a game doesnt mean we're going to finish 6th no more than losing one means we'll be relegated - regardless of opposition

How about losing 3 out of 5? Because I don't think anyone is basing their worry of relegation on just one game.

Ah yes the premier league season, consisting of 5 games :). Looks like we're relegated

;)

How about losing 3 out of 5? Because I don't think anyone is basing their worry of relegation on just one game.

P3te was responding to this

i dont think that's the case tbh. we'll drop points against the likes of southampton, then pick up points against surprising teams. that's the hallmark of inconsistency - complete unpredictability. at the moment there are 2 villas, the villa who played newcastle, swansea and tranmere, and the villa who played everton, west ham and southampton. it's a 50/50 split with which one you're going to get on any given day right now, on another day we could have beaten southampton 4-1, and been murdered by swansea

that's going to be the story of our season, so we'll have to get used to it, but just because the teams who beat us are seen as "relegation fodder" or the teams we beat might be pushing for europe, doesn't make us as bad or as good as them respectively. on our day we're very good, on our off days we're awful, the trick is to make the latter a lot less common, and that'll gradually happen as the season progresses

some good points there

Hopefully as we develop 3 losses in 5 will reduce... its so early.

Thats the word 'consistency!'

Now how do you get that? I would assume by firstly choosing a system which your players are comfortable with and then buying players who will fit into that system.

Against Newcastle and Swansea we could all see what Lambert was attempting to do and the players knew their specific jobs within that system so why flippin change it to accommodate a target man and drop a young forward who was bursting a gut for you.

You will not get consistency until you stop tinkering!

I take your point, but is it tinkering or is it getting all your players match fit/ gelled up for when injuries /suspensions arrive.

hindsight is an exact science.