Paul Lambert

Pilchard

why would you write it off and not include it though? we've played 6 under lambert in total, with 2 wins, a draw and 3 defeats. that's going to be a good approximation of our overall season, regardless of what competitions those games come in

Beating a league 1 side doesn't prove anything. It doesn't prove we could beat better teams in cups or beat premiership teams. It's a game we needed to win and we did, which is good, but that game gives little indication to how our season may pan out.

come back to me at the end of the season and see how far wrong i was basing a season long approximate results structure of 2 wins, 1 draw and 3 defeats from every 6 games in all competitions with approx 46-49 points in the league

why would you write it off and not include it though? we've played 6 under lambert in total, with 2 wins, a draw and 3 defeats. that's going to be a good approximation of our overall season, regardless of what competitions those games come in

Beating a league 1 side doesn't prove anything. It doesn't prove we could beat better teams in cups or beat premiership teams. It's a game we needed to win and we did, which is good, but that game gives little indication to how our season may pan out.

come back to me at the end of the season and see how far wrong i was basing a season long approximate results structure of 2 wins, 1 draw and 3 defeats from every 6 games in all competitions with approx 46-49 points in the league

i dont think we will get 46 points. we will have a similar number to last season

Not many top teams play with out and out wide players, width come from the full backs in the modern game.

ManUre - Giggs, Valencia, Young ?

But you 2 are trying to argue something that proves nothing. There is no right or wrong way to play the game. Success comes from using your best players in their best system. Success has come from width (United) and from a lack of it (Arsenal, Chelsea) because those sides did it the way that fitted their squads the best. I trust Lambert will do that too. If he showed anything at Norwich it is that he knows how to use the players at his disposal. Whether we end up playing with or without width, it will be because PL thinks that's the way to go.

It's going to take time for the changes Lambert is making to take effect.

The saddest thing, for me, about the Southampton defeat was the way we resorted to just belting the ball up field. Hopefully Lambert will rectify this.

I'm really looking forward to the game tonight, even though I can't see us winning without needing pens, to see whether we're back to the way we played against Newcastle and Swansea.

Of course it will... so by that logic I'm now taking out the first 2 league games as bedding in time, so now basing the rest of the season on the last 3 league games I predict we will finish on 50.6666667 points which should be enough to be safe, therefore hence or otherwise proving we do not need a relegation thread!

This is a fun game isn't it?

Of course it will... so by that logic I'm now taking out the first 2 league games as bedding in time, so now basing the rest of the season on the last 3 league games I predict we will finish on 50.6666667 points which should be enough to be safe, therefore hence or otherwise proving we do not need a relegation thread!

This is a fun game isn't it?

using your logic the answer would be 48

You may have a point.

Does beating the Champions, away, after going behind prove anything though 8)

What a fantastic result - like a lot of us have been saying, under PL this year we will have a roller coaster, occassionally it will stink, but on the other hand ....Get In !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So refreshing to have a go at teams unlike Houllier or McLeish waving the white flag before the game has even begun or playing with 2 fullbacks one on the wing....

Consistancy is everything now build on it no use beating city 4 - 2 then losing our next game...

Talksport has to be the biggest joke of a station ive ever heard

All they are talking about is West Ham their fans ringing in saying they are not bothered about going out because they want to focus on the league

if thats the case stop ringing in ffs.... Let fans of other sides who take it seriously have a go its disgraceful i don't think they have even mentioned Villa... People would think we have just turned over a side like Grimsby and not the current PL champions....

And no... We didnt **** scrape a 1 - 0 win either we had to fight back twice from behind stick that in your pipe and smoke it Mr Goldstein

Rant over