Paul Lambert

Pilchard

Lambert should be angry with the first half display and absolutely mortified by the second half display. He should let the players know, beyond any doubt, that the whole game performance was totally unacceptable.

So you think Lambert should be angry we were winning 1-0 in a pretty even half football.

I'm not sure how survived watching us last season.

Taken from the OS:

Paul Lambert has called on his Villa players to "pick themselves up and go again" after the frustrating 4-1 defeat at Southampton.

Lambert was reasonably pleased with the first-half display but called the performance after the break "not good enough."

The fact is Lambert should not be reasonably pleased with the first half display because it was absolutely dire and boring and if anyone can look at it and say it was anything other than that then they have a very low personal value of a good footballing standard.

Lambert should be angry with the first half display and absolutely mortified by the second half display. He should let the players know, beyond any doubt, that the whole game performance was totally unacceptable.

We were winning 1-0. You can't expect him to be angry at that. Would you have been complaining if we held that 1-0 lead despite being average for the rest of the game?

Think everyone needs to just calm down, Yes it was a shit performance and result. But we will pick ourselves up from it and look forward to the next game.
Agree but you can understand the nervousness considering how the last two years panned out and that in the summer we didn't buy "oven ready quality" but players with potential.

NRC is out of contract.

is it worth bringing him back to create a bit of midfield stability until the lower league players settle in?

He would have to accept a pay cut ,granted.

So you think Lambert should be angry we were winning 1-0 in a pretty even half football.

If you read Lambert's comment it states that he was 'reasonably pleased with the first half display'.

It doesn't state anything about being reasonably pleased with the fact that we were winning 1-0 at half time.

Please read the post properly and don't be blinded by the scoreline.

Lambert's comment and mine were directed towards the display/performance and not a scrappy goal that meant we went in leading 1-0 at half time.

Taken from the OS:

Paul Lambert has called on his Villa players to "pick themselves up and go again" after the frustrating 4-1 defeat at Southampton.

Lambert was reasonably pleased with the first-half display but called the performance after the break "not good enough."

The fact is Lambert should not be reasonably pleased with the first half display because it was absolutely dire and boring and if anyone can look at it and say it was anything other than that then they have a very low personal value of a good footballing standard.

We were winning 1-0. You can't expect him to be angry at that. Would you have been complaining if we held that 1-0 lead despite being average for the rest of the game?

Read my reply to DiegoD as it applies to you also.

Quite simply if Lambert and young hungry players approach doesn't work - we are starring into the abyss. Lambert failing at villa is to frightening to contemplate.

As someone else has said Lambert builds from the front. I was brought up Ron Saunders - first and foremost sort the defence. Up until recently I still beleived this was the way to build a side.

Not so sure now - I think some teams are so way ahead of us - that however good our defence they will find a way through. I will be honest though a 4-1 loss to southampton hadn't entered my head at 2.55 yesterday ...(or even 3.55!)

What we have shown in the 2 games prior is how this team can play. If lambert could get this level every week he would be an absolute genuis.

Still think we are heading in the right direction with Lambert - yesterday was a major blow - agreed. But Lamberts overall plan I fell is the best one at the current time for our club.

Taken from the OS:

Once again, the result v perfomance debate comes in to play.

We may have been winning 0-1 for a long period but did the performance reflect it?

If not, its by all probability not sustainable .... and but all acounts it wasn't sustainable.

You can win a game and play badly and for that moment be happy with the result( naturally) but that will not bring consistency of results to your game only good performances do that, because the odds are good performances lead to good results.

When Lambert was watching the game yesterday, he may well have been unhappy with our performance at 0-1 up, but perhaps that would not be so logical to understand, so did't say it.

When Lambert was watching the game yesterday, he may well have been unhappy with our performance at 0-1 up, but perhaps that would not be so logical to understand, so did't say it.

It would only have been 'not so logical to understand' to those fans with a limited brain capacity. The intelligent ones would have understood exactly what he was saying.

Give him time FFS. It's not going to click overnight.

and it seems like whenever we lose people always start saying things like "oh well what do you expect when you buy lower league players".

:lol:

Thats just rubbish. Yesterday was the first time we'd lost since signing lots of players from the lower leagues.

And yet that still didn't stop people from coming out with the "if you buy lower league players that's where

you'll end up" cliche when we lost to West Ham and Everton.

Firstly who has said they won't give him time? If you can't comment on anything while a new manager builds his team then this site would have been closed down the last two years.

Secondly you are talking absolute nonsense and rubbish. Who was blaming the west ham and Everton games on signing lower league players? All we'd signed was Lowton. Stop making up rubbish.

Firstly who has said they won't give him time? If you can't comment on anything while a new manager builds his team then this site would have been closed down the last two years.

Secondly you are talking absolute nonsense and rubbish. Who was blaming the west ham and Everton games on signing lower league players? All we'd signed was Lowton. Stop making up rubbish.

Yeah because people are going to come out and admit to not giving him time aren't they? Just look at some of the posts around here. People are already getting the knives out and getting on his back.

Take a look at the post-match threads. I'm not making anything up.

Yeah because people are going to come out and admit to not giving him time aren't they? Just look at some of the posts around here. People are already getting the knives out and getting on his back.

So you're really claiming that after Everton and West ham everyone was blaming those on Matthew Lowton? Who happened to look half decent in those games. :lol:

I don't think anyone has their knives out, people are just commenting on what's happening.

So you're really claiming that after Everton and West ham everyone was blaming those on Matthew Lowton? Who happened to look half decent in those games. :lol:

I don't think anyone has their knives out, people are just commenting on what's happening.

No one specifically singled out Lowton, I never said they did. All I said was that they said "if you buy lower league players that's where you'll end up".

I disagree. Some are already getting on his back. People just need patience.

No one specifically singled out Lowton, I never said they did. All I said was that they said "if you buy lower league players that's where you'll end up".

Well considering he was the only lower league player we'd signed it would seem strange for so many to complain like you claim yet not attach any blame to Lowton.

Well considering he was the only lower league player we'd signed it would seem strange for so many to complain like you claim yet not attach any blame to Lowton.

Where did I say "so many" complained?

It isn't logical but then when has VT ever been logical?