Formula One - 2013

BOF

It was a pretty dog act to pull by Vettel. It's one thing to race for the line against your team mate but to take advantage of your 'teammate' when you've both been told to tune your engine down by your team boss is pretty low.

Edited by LondonLax

I guess the hold the line and don't race was due to not really knowing how the tyres last when being thrashed.

Don't understand why Mercedes wanted Hamilton on the podium though, rosberg was a lot faster and could have pit pressure on the red bulls

I guess the hold the line and don't race was due to not really knowing how the tyres last when being thrashed.

Don't understand why Mercedes wanted Hamilton on the podium though, rosberg was a lot faster and could have pit pressure on the red bulls

Assemble the words 'tract' and 'con' and you may have a possible answer ;)

To be fair it appeared that his team weren't backing another driver, not yesterday anyway.

The team quite clearly told vettel not to pass Webber and have since stated that Vettel's actions were unacceptable.

Seems clear to me that, in this incident if nothing else, Webber is most definitely being backed by his team.

Yesterday confirmed two things: Vettel is a clearing in the woods and how shit F1 has become.

They should just allow one driver teams only, it would be a lot more interesting and entertaining then.

To be fair it appeared that his team weren't backing another driver, not yesterday anyway.The team quite clearly told vettel not to pass Webber and have since stated that Vettel's actions were unacceptable.Seems clear to me that, in this incident if nothing else, Webber is most definitely being backed by his team.

To be fair though, they didn't issue an instruction to Vettel to cede to Webber during the race. If they'd done that, it would have sent a clear message. As they didn't, I can see why Webber doesn't feel they did all within their powers to rectify the situation.

Completely out of order by Vettel, but also poor management by Horner.. Brawn issued clear words to Rosberg (Negative negative do not pass), whereas Horner was very wishy washy (Seb you're being silly now)... Should have shown more authority..

Too be honest the sport would be more exciting if drivers were allowed to race each other completely... That would probably mean bringing back refuelling and better tyres

To paraphrase Sean Connery:  Losers always whine about doing their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen!

It was a pretty sneaking thing for Vettel to do, but he is a winner.  He wanted to win and he won. I applaud him for it because I'd rather see race drivers who are interested in racing than blokes following team orders.  If Senna had have done this twenty years ago then we would all be applauding him for it today. 

to be fair though, if he's leading in the last  race, and needs to win for the title.  but nursing his tyres or gearbox. He can't have any complaint if Weber pushes him at the risk of crashing, to get a win.

To paraphrase Sean Connery:  Losers always whine about doing their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen!

It was a pretty sneaking thing for Vettel to do, but he is a winner.  He wanted to win and he won. I applaud him for it because I'd rather see race drivers who are interested in racing than blokes following team orders.  If Senna had have done this twenty years ago then we would all be applauding him for it today. 

None of this stops Vettel being a word removed though.

It's not a popularity contest though.   Like I said before, Senna pulled this kind of shit every week and people love him for it now.  I'm sure if the internet had been around during his prime then a lot of people would have hated on him too, but history remembers him as a winner. Vettel is clearly of the same mindset which is why he is team leader and Webber is currently moping around and feeling sorry for himself. 

Â