U.S. Politics

maqroll

9 hours ago, sne said:

Oklahoma will probably be the next state to go to the Democrats. Sen. Lankford is a proper plank who has essentially disenfranchised the large black voting community in Oklahoma City and the bigger cities across the state by supporting Trump's BS. He wanted recounts in mainly Afro-American areas and has had to grovel pretty hard with his apology after Jan 6.

Clicky

The Oklahoma senator, who is up for re-election in 2022, said he had not realized his objection to the election results would be seen as a direct attack on the voting rights of people of color.

Along with Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz he's one of the worst. Doesn't have anyone's back but his own, hopefully the GOP pushes all these 3 out.

• Like 1

I'd heard of QAnon before but never really looked into it properly. 

Wow, I've been down the rabbit hole more these last two days. Both terrifying and laughable. I'm all for free speech but something needs to be put in place to try and stop people being brainwashed over the Internet. 

That guy who posted on here a while back was 100% one of them. I keep seeing the same speech, just wait and see. 

They genuinely believed the military was going to arrest Biden at his inauguration. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

They genuinely believed the military was going to arrest Biden at his inauguration. 

And before that, Pence was going to refuse to accept the result (he didn't, hence the death threats), and before that, the stacked Supreme Court was going to overturn the election.

Have they finally given up now, or is there a new false hope?

8 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

And before that, Pence was going to refuse to accept the result (he didn't, hence the death threats), and before that, the stacked Supreme Court was going to overturn the election.

I think they're talking about something else happening in March. This is all still part of the plan.

Its quite sad, there is a group on reddit for people who have lost family and friends because they've been brainwashed by this shit. 

Surely its about time facebook and the like start making things harder for this kind of rubbish to spread. 

9 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think they're talking about something else happening in March. This is all still part of the plan.

Its quite sad, there is a group on reddit for people who have lost family and friends because they've been brainwashed by this shit. 

No doubt these people tell others to “wake up” and stop being “sheep”.

The irony is completely lost. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Genie said:

No doubt these people tell others to “wake up” and stop being “sheep”.

The irony is completely lost. 

Come on sheeple. 

Remoaners. 

All these phrases invented to push ideals and put objectors into a clever sounding box. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

From what I can see, there is a split. A bunch are giving up, some are rapidly switching their accounts to promote different conspiracy theories (especially sovereign citizen theories), and the rest are sticking it to it doggedly, with new justifications.

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

From what I can see, there is a split. A bunch are giving up, some are rapidly switching their accounts to promote different conspiracy theories (especially sovereign citizen theories), and the rest are sticking it to it doggedly, with new justifications.

Good, divide and conquer

8 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Oklahoma will probably be the next state to go to the Democrats. Sen. Lankford is a proper plank who has essentially disenfranchised the large black voting community in Oklahoma City and the bigger cities across the state by supporting Trump's BS. He wanted recounts in mainly Afro-American areas and has had to grovel pretty hard with his apology after Jan 6.

Clicky

Along with Josh Hawley and Ted Cruz he's one of the worst. Doesn't have anyone's back but his own, hopefully the GOP pushes all these 3 out.

:crylaugh:

In all seriousness the most dangerous one is Josh Hawley. He has the authoritarian instincts of Trump, the will to do anything for power like McConnell, and he's not a complete idiot like Cruz.

He is a scary individual. If anyone could harness the right wing nuts of Q/Trump and be palatable to more middle of the road Republicans its him. Watch out.

Edited by TheAuthority

9 hours ago, magnkarl said:

Oklahoma will probably be the next state to go to the Democrats.

As it happens, a site I particularly recommend for American election watching launched their initial 2022 Senate race rankings today, and this was what they had to say about Oklahoma:

'Oklahoma (Safe Republican)

Incumbent Republican James Lankford has been in the news lately in large part due to his now-redacted support for the Ted Cruz-led effort to object to the certification of electoral votes. This was an unusual decision by Lankford, a more establishment-friendly movement conservative who has made a concerted effort to reach out to Tulsa’s black community. A firestorm of controversy has seemingly harmed that relationship, culminating in an apology from Lankford, who said that “I should have recognized how what I said and what I did could be interpreted by many of you. I deeply regret my blindness to that perception, and for that I am sorry.”

In all likelihood, Lankford was hoping to avert a primary challenge. However, even if he were to lose a primary, Oklahoma is simply not a viable state for federal Democrats. Trump won 65% of the vote here, his third-highest margin nationally, and he swept every county. No Democrat has hit even 35% in a Senate race in Oklahoma this decade.'

from: https://elections-daily.com/2021/01/20/elections-dailys-inaugural-2022-senate-ratings/

Problems for Democrats in Oklahoma are 1) it's very rural, 2) it's very white, 3) it's very red, and 4) they have no bench in the state. I wouldn't be investing any money in that hunch if I were you.

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I love it. I feel like we're all awaking from a 4 year long fever dream. Maybe except for one poster. 

I still find it disgusting that he got a free pass. He was on the US version of strictly come dancing. It shouldn't be allowed. 

6 hours ago, DCJonah said:

I'd heard of QAnon before but never really looked into it properly. 

Wow, I've been down the rabbit hole more these last two days. Both terrifying and laughable. I'm all for free speech but something needs to be put in place to try and stop people being brainwashed over the Internet. 

That guy who posted on here a while back was 100% one of them. I keep seeing the same speech, just wait and see. 

Wait, we had a QAnon advocate on VT?  How did I miss that excitement?!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Just read back, it's all there.  Weird, he has been on VT for over 10 years then out of nowhere came into this thread like a whirlwind, firing off all of the Trump supporting nonsense. Then the riot happened and he was gone, never to be seen again. 

Very strange. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I think he was. He was acting just like them. Like he knew something none of us did and we'd eventually see the truth. Wonder if he feels foolish.

Ah yes, I remember the sudden flurry from him and I just checked back.

Jan 6th he said, ‘if I’m wrong I’ll come back and admit it’..... hasn’t been seen since.

I’d imagine there are a good few people over there that revealed their true colours knowing the rapture was coming, and then it didn’t.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chrisp65 said:

Ah yes, I remember the sudden flurry from him and I just checked back.

Jan 6th he said, ‘if I’m wrong I’ll come back and admit it’..... hasn’t been seen since.

I’d imagine there are a good few people over there that revealed their true colours knowing the rapture was coming, and then it didn’t.

Because in his mind he genuinely believed there was no chance of that happening. 

Its frightening how convinced these people were. Its easy to mock them but actually the more I read, the more I feel a bit sorry for them. 

18 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Because in his mind he genuinely believed there was no chance of that happening. 

Its frightening how convinced these people were. Its easy to mock them but actually the more I read, the more I feel a bit sorry for them. 

Massive failure of our education system(s). 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sidcow said:

Then the riot happened and he was gone, never to be seen again. 

Someone who lives about 10 miles from me had put up a big TRUMP 2024 flag at the edge of their driveway. Haven't seen it there since Jan 6th.

• Like 1

Â