U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 hour ago, villakram said:

The situation is nowhere near as bad as you postulate. Take a step back and try not to personalize things so much. It's not good for your health.

Perhaps I'm projecting, but I see too many people here in my locality that are borderline hanging their personal identity on the current political discourse. Regardless of those in power, life will go on. Death & taxes too. 

Oh, okay

Because of course he does.

Trump Defends Shooting Suspect Kyle Rittenhouse

The president did not seem willing to reconsider his visit to Kenosha, Wisconsin, amid protests over Jacob Blake, a Black man who was shot by a police officer.

"He was trying to get away from them, I guess, it looks like, and he fell," Trump said at the White House. "And then they very violently attacked him."

Rittenhouse was seen in videos brandishing a gun while walking around protests over Jacob Blake, a Black man who was shot seven times by a police officer. The 17-year-old has been charged as an adult with two counts of first-degree homicide and one count of attempted homicide.

Trump added the events are "interesting" and under investigation. He said he'd like to see everything be taken care of by law enforcement instead of private citizens, but he seemed to suggest that Rittenhouse was acting in self-defense.

"I guess he was in very big trouble. He probably would have been killed," he said.

Although Rittenhouse has been documented attending at least one Trump rally, the president criticized Biden for not acknowledging violence coming from his supporters.

https://www.usnews.com/news/elections/articles/2020-08-31/trump-defends-kenosha-shooting-suspect-kyle-rittenhouse

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It's a reaction designed to cause anger, to promote division and hatred which will hopefully spill onto the streets giving him the opportunity to once more claim he's the only man that can fix it. 

The actual President of the USA is trying to create race riots in the USA to win an election.

Pre-Trump this would have been astonishing.

People lap it up, too.  It's frightening.

• Like 1

From what I can understand of US politics Biden is a dead man walking. 

From the Trump video's it seems to me that the most important thing that exists is to have as many American flags behind you as is physically possible to fit in the space available.  Sometimes he has literally dozens. 

Biden has only like 8 or 9.

He's got no chance. 

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

From what I can understand of US politics Biden is a dead man walking. 

From the Trump video's it seems to me that the most important thing that exists is to have as many American flags behind you as is physically possible to fit in the space available.  Sometimes he has literally dozens. 

Biden has only like 8 or 9.

He's got no chance. 

Trump wipes his ass with the American flag,  it doesn't get any more patriotic than that. 

• Haha 1

I'm pretty sure Trump just used the expression to describe Police Officers decision making abilities under stress as "Sometimes they choke"

I might be wrong and mis-heard it but if true,  he planned it.  It's the only word in the world he shouldn't have used in this situation and in the town that he is in.

(Anyone remember the TV clips in the Original Robocop,  we are there now)

19 hours ago, maqroll said:

Turns out the guy shot dead in Portland the other night was the guy firing paintballs into protesters from a moving pickup truck. "Whoops!"

Was this the guy wearing red in the car park.  Who was asking "Shoot me then N******" at the top of his voice to the BLM people.

If it is the same guy,  he's on film asking for this and he received it ,  they took the side of his head off 😱 but missed his brain by a long way.  The silly word removed.

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

Trump wipes his ass with the American flag,  it doesn't get any more patriotic than that. 

I heard he also has a special w4nk flag that he keeps at the side of his bed which makes him patriotic squared.

• Haha 1

Â