U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Ok that is true (although he hasn't come out and denied that it happened) but let's take him out of it, and I'll ask the same question for a third time.

Do you believe that the journalist and the editorial staff at the Atlantic just made the whole thing up? They just made up the 3 different anonymous sources?

I'm honestly just interested if that is you point of view.

I think it would be more likely that the sources could be untrustworthy rather than the journalist but without knowledge of who they are it is impossible to know. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, villakram said:

They didn't travel to that WWI memorial due to the weather. John Bolton of all people states this quite clearly in his book. This attack ad coming out within 12hrs of yet another anonymously sourced story wreaks of dirty politics.

I don't care if it's true or not to be perfectly honest. Trump has done and said enough gob-smackingly shocking things whilst he's been in office, it hardly matters

Though the fact that this is red on red fire is just highly amusing from a spectators POV

• Like 1

11 hours ago, villakram said:

They didn't travel to that WWI memorial due to the weather. John Bolton of all people states this quite clearly in his book. This attack ad coming out within 12hrs of yet another anonymously sourced story wreaks of dirty politics.

I thought John Bolton was a liar and should never be trusted. But now his book is a reference of truth about what happened. Which is it, I’m confused?

also

the trump remarks about soldiers being losers have been confirmed by a Fox News journalist. Damn liberal media!

• Like 2

Fox News sources confirm it's true. Associated Press confirms it's true.

This conspiracy of the deep state is HUGE! The bigliest ever!

Who could imagine that wonderful President Trump would ever have such an abhorrent attitude to those that sacrifice themselves to serve in the military. He's never shown anything other than a selfless, unblemished Christian character.  I for one just can't believe it. 🍆👊💦

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

Fox News sources confirm it's true. Associated Press confirms it's true.

This conspiracy of the deep state is HUGE! The bigliest ever!

Who could imagine that wonderful President Trump would ever have such an abhorrent attitude to those that sacrifice themselves to serve in the military. He's never shown anything other than a selfless, unblemished Christian character.  I for one just can't believe it. 🍆👊💦

I think the point is they have all asked the same (unnamed) sources. So if the guys feeding the story to the press are dodgy then the press are all getting the same dodgy story. I am more than willing to believe it’s true but I’d like someone to actually put their name on the record as a witness.

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I think the point is they have all asked the same (unnamed) sources. So if the guys feeding the story to the press are dodgy then the press are all getting the same dodgy story. I am more than willing to believe it’s true but I’d like someone to actually put their name on the record as a witness.

I don't think we can be sure that Goldberg's sources are the same as Griffin's. They could just as easily be just more staffers who have knowledge of his comments.

Edited by TheAuthority

12 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I don't think we can be sure that Goldberg's sources are the same as Griffin's. They could just as easily be just more staffers who have knowledge of his comments.

Whether it’s true or not it’s certainly having the desired effect 😁

There are still weeks to go in this election race and Trump has more buried skeletons than the fields of Ypres so you just know there is going to be more juicy stuff come out.

I’m hoping for some tapes at some point, hopefully even something outdoing the ‘grab them by the pussy’ audio.  

Edited by LondonLax

16 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Honestly, the most powerful effect for me would just be for his supporters to see him for what he is. This bizarre personality cult has gone beyond comprehension. He isn't the savior, he isn't a great businessman who's going to drain the swamp, he's an odious narcissistic character which is proved by his  comments about military personnel who get captured/maimed/killed. I want the effect to be for his supporters to understand what he is, and then if they want to say "but I like his policies" on trade or jobs or whatever then fine. Just own it. It's the cultist worship I find terrifying.

He came in and he had a chance. He could have been anyone. I was prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt. Obviously even in 2016 he wasn't beholden to the tenets of the traditional Republican Party  ( have you see the national debt recently?!? ) He could have worked with Dems on a real infrastructure bill for the US. The majority of the country has had no serious government investment for decades. At least the Brits over-engineered everything in the Victorian era so the stuff was still working a hundred years later. But in the US it's slap up a building as quick as possible.

I actually agreed with him in 2016 with some (a very small number, well one actually) of the things he said. He talked about how the US had to catch up with the rest of the world in infrastructure. I agree! e.g. Drive from Newark airport to Manhattan. Good Lord talk about traveling through Dante's Inferno. It's looks like and is a dystopian hell-scape. Crumbling buildings, the Lincoln Tunnel (Satan's asshole tube) where the concrete is stained with exhaust fumes and God forbid you hit traffic as you'll be sitting there for hours. Compare that to modern cities in Asia and the mid-east and it needs real rejuvenation. Fox News during the campaign liked to joke that he was to the left of Hilary on some issues. But it was all bluster. He would say anything at anytime to sell the himself. Just like any con-man.

Once in power Trump didn't do anything of note. He didn't start to rebuild the country. He surrounded himself with kooks, sycophants and fanatics who are prepared to pander to his ego to get what they want. Extremest judges on courts and an abhorrent immigration policy which serves - well God knows who.

He is happy with children in cages. That should be enough to tell you who he is. He is confused by people who would die for the country. That should tell you who he is. He'd "Grab 'em by the pussy." That should tell you who he is. If you admit all that and want to vote for his policies - well, fine. Be honest and I suppose thats fine. Denying he is anything other than what he is is self-delusion and that's the hardest thing for me to digest.

Personally I would like to see Grady Judd in the White House in the future, what do you guys think?

VLD.

I never thought I'd see the day I agree with Trump on something :)

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-evangelicals-condescending-remarks-michael-cohen-2020-9?r=US&IR=T

President Donald Trump spoke condescendingly about evangelical Christians after holding a meeting with religious leaders before the 2016 election, his former lawyer and fixer Michael Cohen has said in a new book.

Cohen, who broke with Trump to cooperate with the special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia investigation, is releasing a memoir Tuesday titled "Disloyal: A Memoir: The True Story of the Former Personal Attorney to President Donald J. Trump."

The Washington Post, which obtained a copy of the book before its release, reported one passage in which Cohen details what he says happened after Trump met with prominent evangelical leaders at Trump Tower in 2016 before winning the presidency.

After the meeting was over, Cohen says, Trump said: "Can you believe that bulls---? Can you believe people believe that bulls---?"

It surprises me, because he's well known to be a very religious man himself. Any excuse to watch this video.

• Like 1

Â