U.S. Politics

maqroll

8 hours ago, villakram said:

The last major reform of healthcare in the United States was marshaled by Joe Biden during the Presidency of Barack Obama. This was at a time when the Democrats held majorities in the Senate, the House and held the WH. Then there is also Biden's long legislative history in which I'm sure we'll find his previous involvement in the US explicitly for profit medical industry.

Of course, private insurance industry controlled healthcare remains a pillar of the Biden policy platform heading into the 2020 election.

But is he encouraging anarchy and murder in the streets and doing his best to start a war with Cheiyna??????????????????? 

Edited by sidcow

15 hours ago, villakram said:

The last major reform of healthcare in the United States was marshaled by Joe Biden during the Presidency of Barack Obama. This was at a time when the Democrats held majorities in the Senate, the House and held the WH. Then there is also Biden's long legislative history in which I'm sure we'll find his previous involvement in the US explicitly for profit medical industry.

Of course, private insurance industry controlled healthcare remains a pillar of the Biden policy platform heading into the 2020 election.

Are you seriously suggesting that the reason that US healthcare expenditure is a high outlier and coverage rate is low is BECAUSE of Obamacare???  The program that was aimed at increasing coverage and controlling cost in a compromised, non-ideal  way so that it might actually be palatable to some Republicans and gain their support, and still only passed by a whisker-thin margin because every Republican who was given the opportunity to help design it still voted against it?  Have you finally lost the plot?  Lord only knows where the US would have shown up on that graph without Obamacare or if Trump had been successful in shitcanning it.  I can guarantee you it would not have been higher and further to the left. 

You do realize that this election is not between Biden and total righteousness, it's between Biden and Trump.   I feel like I've had to remind you of this before but you seem intent on pointing out every flaw of Biden's as if there is no Trump in the shadows lurking as the alternative.

Once again. Absolutely no words for this man.

US President Donald Trump has told people in the state of North Carolina to vote twice in November's election, despite this being illegal.

Mr Trump suggested voters vote once in person and a second time by post, in order to stress-test the system.

The president has frequently made false claims that postal votes are vulnerable to significant electoral fraud.

"Let them send it in and let them go vote," he told North Carolina broadcaster WECT-TV on Wednesday.

"And if the system is as good as they say it is then obviously they won't be able to vote (in person)."

After President Trump made the comments, North Carolina Attorney General Josh Stein tweeted that he had "outrageously encouraged" people in the state to "break the law in order to help him sow chaos in our election".

"Make sure you vote, but do not vote twice!" Mr Stein added. "I will do everything in my power to make sure the will of the people is upheld in November."

Democrats have also accused President Trump and the Republican party of attempting to suppress the vote in order to help their side in the election.

bbc

Edited by Genie

The BBC has changed the wording a little compared to what he said. 

And if their system is as good as they say it is then obviously they won't be able to vote

Their system. As good as "they" say it is. You're somehow the **** president, man. It's your system. 

33 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

The BBC has changed the wording a little compared to what he said. 

Their system. As good as "they" say it is. You're somehow the **** president, man. It's your system. 

Yeah, he’s trying to brainwash them into thinking the current state of affairs is nothing to do with him and he’s the man to change it. 

15 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I don’t think I actually believe he said it. Personally I’m going to need more evidence than an ‘anonymous source’, particularly as it is coming out a few weeks before an election.  

Yeah, I've kinda got around to that way of thinking since posting it.

That said, he has got a dodgy track record when it comes to John McCain's military service.

21 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I don’t think I actually believe he said it. Personally I’m going to need more evidence than an ‘anonymous source’, particularly as it is coming out a few weeks before an election.  

I believe it was 3 different sources cited. 

It's your right to not believe the sources or is it that you believe that the journalist just made it all up - and the editors at the Atlantic let him go ahead without fact checking him?

Kelley is quoted in the article. On memorial day standing next to the grave of his son who was killed in action, Trump asked Kelley - "What was in it for him?"

Edited by TheAuthority

22 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I believe it was 3 different sources cited. 

It's your right to not believe the sources or is it that you believe that the journalist just made it all up - and the editors at the Atlantic let him go ahead without fact checking him?

Kelley is quoted in the article. On memorial day standing next to the grave of his son who was killed in action, Trump asked Kelley - "What was in it for him?"

It’s all a bit too perfect for it to be coming out now. The ‘Russian bounty’ story didn’t really have the desired impact so now this has dropped. A much more crude allegation, attempting to cleave him away from his base. The only thing that makes it seems like it could be plausible is that he was disrespectful to McCain’s military service when he was having that feud with him but short of a video tape it will need some credible witnesses to come forward and put their name on the record before I’m willing to buy it. 

You know what they say about politics being a dirty game. I imagine smear tactics are not confined to the Trump camp.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It’s all a bit too perfect for it to be coming out now. The ‘Russian bounty’ story didn’t really have the desired impact so now this has dropped. A much more crude allegation, attempting to cleave him away from his base. The only thing that makes it seems like it could be plausible is that he was disrespectful to McCain’s military service when he was having that feud with him but short of a video tape it will need some credible witnesses to come forward and put their name on the record before I’m willing to buy it. 

You know what they say about politics being a dirty game. I imagine smear tactics are not confined to the Trump camp.

But what you're alleging then is a concerted effort by John Kelley, the journalist and staff at the Atlantic to paint Trump in this way, (which allies with some of his earlier behavior towards McCain.) I think that's fairly bold and bordering on the sort of paranoia that has led the Trump camps smears to stick with a certain percentage of the population over here. I'm talking about the shadowy cabal of cannibal pedophile smears against Obama, Clinton, Soros etc.

You have to hand it to Trump, he set out to undermine trust in the media and he really has done it. It is an old Russian tactic to create so much mayhem, and conflicting information that no-one knows what to believe anymore.

4 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

But what you're alleging then is a concerted effort by John Kelley, the journalist and staff at the Atlantic to paint Trump in this way, (which allies with some of his earlier behavior towards McCain.) I think that's fairly bold and bordering on the sort of paranoia that has led the Trump camps smears to stick with a certain percentage of the population over here. I'm talking about the shadowy cabal of cannibal pedophile smears against Obama, Clinton, Soros etc.

You have to hand it to Trump, he set out to undermine trust in the media and he really has done it. It is an old Russian tactic to create so much mayhem, and conflicting information that no-one knows what to believe anymore.

John Kelly did not make any of these allegations, the report even says he was asked to comment but would not. All the quotes come from anonymous sources, years after the comments were supposed to have been made. 

8 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It's not like he doesn't have history for this kind of thing. he's abused grieving Gold Star Families a number of times during his campaign and since in office.

1 minute ago, bickster said:

It's not like he doesn't have history for this kind of thing. he's abused grieving Gold Star Families a number of times during his campaign and since in office.

Yep, that’s why it would be such a great story to make up just before an election.

Who knows if it’s true on not, I’m just maintaining skepticism until I see plausible evidence.

The same way I try to treat any information presented, whether it’s about someone I like or (as in this case) someone I hate.

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

John Kelly did not make any of these allegations, the report even says he was asked to comment but would not. All the quotes come from anonymous sources, years after the comments were supposed to have been made. 

Ok that is true (although he hasn't come out and denied that it happened) but let's take him out of it, and I'll ask the same question for a third time.

Do you believe that the journalist and the editorial staff at the Atlantic just made the whole thing up? They just made up the 3 different anonymous sources?

I'm honestly just interested if that is you point of view.

They didn't travel to that WWI memorial due to the weather. John Bolton of all people states this quite clearly in his book. This attack ad coming out within 12hrs of yet another anonymously sourced story wreaks of dirty politics.

Also

Trump wants troops out of Germany - Russian bounty story, since completely discredited.

Trump sends anti-afghan, troops out ambassador to Afghan - Trump hates the troops story. Hold thy breath.

Edited by villakram

Â