U.S. Politics

maqroll

37 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Imagine how progressive and advanced the human race would be if religion didn't exist. 

For another thread though 

Yep

Will throw this beauty in though, saw someone arguing on social media (I know...) using the bible and specifically psalm 67:7 as part of their argument 

God shall bless us and all the ends of the earth shall fear him

But they interpreted us and the US and also him as referring to the US, you can't argue with that kind of stupid, the book out dates the states by a thousand years FFS

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yep

Will throw this beauty in though, saw someone arguing on social media (I know...) using the bible and specifically psalm 67:7 as part of their argument 

God shall bless us and all the ends of the earth shall fear him

But they interpreted us and the US and also him as referring to the US, you can't argue with that kind of stupid, the book out dates the states by a thousand years FFS

“The lord moves in mysterious ways” 

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Jesus Christ

If this treatment of the media was happening while reporting on wars in Afghanistan or Iraq then people would be foaming at the mouth calling them savages and saying how horrific it is. 

This is not ok

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

If this treatment of the media was happening while reporting on wars in Afghanistan or Iraq then people would be foaming at the mouth calling them savages and saying how horrific it is. 

This is not ok

Look the 2nd angle. The police literally just hit the cameraman in his stomach with the shield, then punches him, then hits the reporter with a baton as she's running away.

Insanity.

• Thanks 1

It's absolutely horrendous. None of those people are causing any grief at all. And they are hit, in the **** back, with batons.... As they are running away. Bloody cowardly savages to hit people in the back as they run away. That poor female reporter too.

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Where and how does this end?

This is what I am wondering, what’s the out ball on this? This will run for weeks and weeks unless the government change their stance.

Also, where is the international condemnation? It’s appallingly quiet.

Edited by Genie

I’m also surprised that it’s not gone all our war yet considering just how many powerful guns are in the public domain.

Its only a matter of time before someone unloads an automatic machine gun.

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

We need a trade deal because **** the EU

It goes without saying that Boris the coward will not say a word. But nobody else here, or around the world had a negative word about the handling of it?

I wonder if someone like Scott Morrison might say something having seen his media team beaten for no reason.

17 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Where and how does this end?

I think the ‘where’ is open to debate, but the ‘how’ is pretty easy to answer - badly. 

Can’t really see it just going away, if anything it could ramp up further. 40m unemployed people haven’t got much to do in the middle of a pandemic and BAME communities will have been amongst the hardest hit, both from the virus and the economic fall out. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

this treatment of the media

It's clearly equal opportunities - these unprovoked and indiscriminate beatings and assaults show the media are being treated by US plod exactly the same as black people are. The clue is in the word "indiscriminate" - the Police can't be racist if they beat up everyone, Can they?

Oh.

• Like 1

President Donald Trump has threatened to send in the military to quell growing civil unrest in the US over the death of a black man in police custody.
He said if cities and states failed to control the protests and "defend their residents" he would deploy the army and "quickly solve the problem for them".

I honestly don’t know what this means? Is he suggesting they’ll kill all the protesters? What are the army going to do that the police and national guard can’t?

Maybe it could be the turning point, could the army refuse?

Link

Edited by Genie

Â