U.S. Politics

maqroll

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I appreciate this is trivia and gossip and it's kind of shallow of me to find it funny, but it turns out the guy who 'defended' a bar he goes to with a sword (discussed on the last few pages) writes pony fan fiction on the Internet:

I've never heard of a middle aged brony before. A tradcath, sword larping brony, amazing. 

55 minutes ago, choffer said:

It'd be kinda funny in any other scenario (swears involved):

I’ve watched the YouTube video. It’s brilliant (brilliant in the sense of how it plays out, not brilliant in that it happened in the first place) 

The bit when they get his wallet out and realise what they’ve done - the FBI guy absolutely played them. 

‘You guys are the dumbest motherf******s I ever met in my life’ :crylaugh:

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Everyone in that clip appears to be an arsehole.

Yeah, tensions or otherwise I think I’d expect an FBI employee to show a little more decorum than that.

But it’s super easy for me to write as a white guy in the UK.

27 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I think thats been debunked as it's a year old - nothing to do with current events.

Thanks for clarifying. Apologies for spreading fake news. :thumb:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, choffer said:

Thanks for clarifying. Apologies for spreading fake news. :thumb:

It's still relevant to racial profiling by US police - :thumb: 

But originally it was posted today as if it happened last night which is misleading. 

It's so hard at the moment to tell whats happening and who's doing what and when. Anonymous released court documents yesterday showing charges against Trump and Epstein. No idea if it was all faked but it was all over twitter and not a peep in any big news outlets. Pretty elaborate fake if thats the case.

• Like 2

#dcblackout trending and then disappearing. 

something weird going on with potential media blackout in dc when the Whitehouse went black.

or nothing happened at all and bots/fake news are responsible for either 

Yes, more aggression is what they need.

An agitated Trump encourages governors to use aggressive tactics on protesters

(CNN)President Donald Trump, agitated and distressed after three nights of violent protests in dozens of cities across the country, including outside of his home, told the nation's governors in a video teleconference Monday to aggressively target violent protesters he said would only respond to a show of force.

"You have to dominate or you'll look like a bunch of jerks, you have to arrest and try people," the President told the governors in a call from the basement White House Situation Room, according to an audio recording of the call obtained by CNN.
In the conversation -- which drew a rebuke from Illinois's Democratic governor on the call -- Trump appeared angry and chastised what he characterized as a weak response to protests in certain places, which he said allowed violence to take hold. Trump emphasized his belief the violence is being fomented by forces from the "radical left."
And he suggested to governors it was their responsibility, not his, to tamp down harshly on the continued unrest.
"It's a movement, if you don't put it down it will get worse and worse," Trump said. "The only time its successful is when you're weak and most of you are weak."

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/01/politics/donald-trump-race-police/index.html

Video and audio in the link.

Surprised that tough guy doesn't get out there on the frontline himself and show them how it's done.

Remember when he said he'd run unarmed into a building to stop a gunman? This stupid, fat coward comes out with so much bullshit it's hard to keep track of it. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The amount of right wingers I'm seeing on Twitter who a couple of weeks ago were kicking a fuss about a tyrannical government now calling on the same government to crack down on protesters and issue strict curfews is astounding. They can flip the switch so fast and not feel a drop of cognitive dissonance.

But that's tame compared to all of the big accounts on there, some of them blue checks that are now reveling in the idea of a protester Gitmo (I've seen one with about half a million followers describe torture he'd like to see :S ) now that Trump labelled Antifa a terrorist organization. They actually get off on authoritarianism, just not when they're on the receiving end.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Surprised that tough guy doesn't get out there on the frontline himself and show them how it's done.

Remember when he said he'd run unarmed into a building to stop a gunman? This stupid, fat coward comes out with so much bullshit it's hard to keep track of it. 

Too busy in the bunker apparently, the WH bunker.  I did see #bunkerdon trending at one point

11 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

The amount of right wingers I'm seeing on Twitter who a couple of weeks ago were kicking a fuss about a tyrannical government now calling on the same government to crack down on protesters and issue strict curfews is astounding. They can flip the switch so fast and not feel a drop of cognitive dissonance.

But that's tame compared to all of the big accounts on there, some of them blue checks that are now reveling in the idea of a protester Gitmo (I've seen one with about half a million followers describe torture he'd like to see :S ) now that Trump labelled Antifa a terrorist organization. They actually get off on authoritarianism, just not when they're on the receiving end.

Yeah I saw people joking about that, where a few weeks ago where right wingers with weapons/guns in the faces of police in the Michigan legislative building demanding freedom to get their haircuts but those same people arguing now that these protesters need to be taken down if they break curfew while protesting the death of black man at police hands.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Unsurprisingly I follow country music people on twitter, usually to the right of the middle when it comes to their politics but surprised by how many are coming down on the side of the protesters. 

Trump rule changes will allow Alaskan hunters to kill bear cubs, wolf pups in their dens

Federal agencies are loosening restrictions on hunting bears, wolves and their offspring in their dens, a decision that is being condemned by conservation groups. 

The National Park Service and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issued new guidance to permit more hunting and trapping in multiple wildlife preserves throughout the state. 

Among the slew of new rules includes hunting black bears, wolves and coyotes, as well as their cubs and pups, in their dens, caribou from motorboats and bears with bait at several national preserves. It also permits brown bear hunting from "registered bait stations" in Alaska's Kenai National Wildlife Refuge for the first time. 

Both agencies issued separate statements saying the decision allows federal law to better align with state law, per the Anchorage Daily News, who first obtained the federal statements. The decision also rolls back Obama-era restrictions on hunting and trapping in Alaska's national preserves.

USA Today

Who's shitting himself in his lair today?

• Sad 2

Â