U.S. Politics

maqroll

The state calling in the army to quell civil rights protests its surely the very reason they have kept the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms?

He does love a bit of brinkmanship.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Genie said:

Maybe it could be the turning point, could the army refuse?

The moment that 42 year old wyatt from arkansas has been waiting for his whole life, thanks baby jesus, puts down the cheetos, picks up his assault rifle, salutes the flag in his garden and starts his truck towards Washington 

Murica **** yeah 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

The state calling in the army to quell civil rights protests its surely the very reason they have kept the 2nd Amendment right to bear arms?

Did you not read the fine print of the 2nd Amendment, that's only for right wingers by the looks of it.

Just now, nick76 said:

Did you not read the fine print of the 2nd Amendment, that's only for right wingers by the looks of it.

I believe the only time the NRA ever supported legislation to curb the right to open carry weapons was 1967 when the Black Panther movement started to open carry.

Bobby_Hutton.jpg

(Bobby Hutton)

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, coda said:

Don't worry there's an election in five months.

Has Trump praises himself yet for the excellent way he has handled the troubles so far? If not then he’s losing his touch.

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Has Trump praises himself yet for the excellent way he has handled the troubles so far? If not then he’s losing his touch.

I'm sure he's thrown Obama under the bus again yesterday, will no doubt attack his competitors in the next week 

Another election of who's shit stinks the least with a campaign of billions spent trying to convince people the others shit stinks more 

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I wonder if someone like Scott Morrison might say something having seen his media team beaten for no reason.

He has offered them embassy assistance and has asked for an ‘investigation’ but has not made any kind of statements condemning it yet.  

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'm sure he's thrown Obama under the bus again yesterday, will no doubt attack his competitors in the next week 

Another election of who's shit stinks the least with a campaign of billions spent trying to convince people the others shit stinks more 

It's truly amazing who we pick as our leaders throughout the years, whether it is US or UK but a leader you want the best person possible but instead our choices are always left to who stinks the least or convinces us they stink the least.  The great minds of our generation will unlikely ever have a profound impact on society and if any of them did stupidly decide to get into politics they would be crushed by the political infighting and affiliation wars and where nothing gets done. It amazes me sometimes how us humans havent wiped ourselves out yet because despite what I wrote, the US and UK are supposed to be the good countries, whatever that means.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I wonder if someone like Scott Morrison might say something having seen his media team beaten for no reason.

I think he'll bottle it because he's got a chance of being invited to the G7 meeting, which I assume he will see as big political points putting Australia in that conversation and he wont risk that.  So with the G7 countries....Russia, India, South Korea will be invited as well but Australia being invited, Morrison will be dining off that for ages so he wont risk that by getting Trump offside now.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I think he'll bottle it because he's got a chance of being invited to the G7 meeting, which I assume he will see as big political points putting Australia in that conversation and he wont risk that.  So with the G7 countries....Russia, India, South Korea will be invited as well but Australia being invited, Morrison will be dining off that for ages so he wont risk that by getting Trump offside now.

Good point, I hadn’t put 2 and 2 together when Trump said he wanted a bigger meeting this time. It should stop them being too vocal about the handling of the riots... we’ll played Donald 🙄

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Good point, I hadn’t put 2 and 2 together when Trump said he wanted a bigger meeting this time. It should stop them being too vocal about the handling of the riots... we’ll played Donald 🙄

More luck by Donald than well played I’m guessing 😂

2 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

Exactly what makes it so laughable. 

Four police meanwhile were shot and injured on Monday night during unrest in St Louis, Missouri.

Police chief Colonel John Hayden Junior told reporters "some coward fired shots at officers and now we have four in hospital. Thank God they're alive," before becoming overcome with emotion.

Source

So firing at the heavily armed police who are dealing with peaceful protests, and the general public going about their business with tear gas and rubber bullets makes you a coward. How many innocent citizens are in hospital?

Police I assume are the heroes?

Edited by Genie

Â