U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 hour ago, sne said:

Yes, more aggression is what they need.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/06/01/politics/donald-trump-race-police/index.html

Video and audio in the link.

It's rather descriptive of him though. He's so simple it's winners or losers, strong or weak. 

He's so monumentally stupid it's impossible to find the right words. 

17 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

It's rather descriptive of him though. He's so simple it's winners or losers, strong or weak. 

He's so monumentally stupid it's impossible to find the right words. 

It’s defo black or white for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Too busy in the bunker apparently, the WH bunker.  I did see #bunkerdon trending at one point

A member of the White House staff has slid a copy of 2004’s Downfall into Trump’s underground bunker. The unnamed employee included instructions for how to watch the DVD, and wrote TOP in white paint over the labelled side.

https://chaser.com.au/world/staffer-slips-dvd-of-downfall-under-trumps-bunker-door/?fbclid=IwAR3rces-NkCtFTL8RiFbn-ss-R08AFqHP6Ag8qK_2PFrFPmuMIwWpo_Dadg

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Everyone in that clip appears to be an arsehole.

I suspect I might be an arsehole if I was a grown man who’d had to put up with racial profiling all my life. 

I’m amazed by the restraint of the majority of black leaders I’m seeing. I know this is probably going to come off as virtue signalling from a middle-aged white guy but some of what I’ve seen in the US has staggered me. I think I always knew that racism existed over there* but I’d hate to be a black man living in those conditions. 

*obviously I’m aware that racism isn’t confined to the US

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, choffer said:

I suspect I might be an arsehole if I was a grown man who’d had to put up with racial profiling all my life.

He's tragically caught between two worlds - on the one hand he's a heavy handed foul mouthed US law enforcement official threatening violence against those that have to kowtow to him - and on the other he's the victim of racial profiling from the institutionally racist arm of an overly aggressive US law enforcement system he's part of.

He's the victim of a behaviour he perpetuates.

None of which does anything to excuse the ridiculous amount of racism that exists just beneath the veneer of US society and to a lesser degree here in the UK.

• Like 1

Apologies if these "what an absolute **** shambles videos" have been posted and thanks if someone finds them! 

The guy in illinois who looks like a walking call of duty soldier, AR-15, red dot sight, extended magazines, full tactical gear and combats chatting to the police... Before they send him home... He's just a citizen who popped out to "help"... He also happens to be white 

2 owners of an Italian bakery stood in their doorway armed with shotguns and looters try and work their way to the door, armed with bat's and traffic cones chanting we have our hands up, they don't get in but one of them decides to smash the window and walk off instead 

The place is ****, Racism is the tip of the iceberg 

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Any idea what the back story is to that situation?

It seems like it was after the curfew was called. From reports linked under the tweet two of the officers involved have been fired for excessive force and the two kids in the car released (they are uni students in Atlanta). The craziest thing is the white woman in the car in front waving at the news camera as her car drives on.

• Like 1

GEORGE FLOYD Independent Autopsy Findings ...DEATH FROM ASPHYXIA

Dr. Michael Baden -- a famous forensic doctor who has been involved in the OJ Simpson case, the Jeffrey Epstein case and many others -- concluded compression pressure on Floyd's death was the direct cause of death.  The Medical Examiner concluded it was a combination of asphyxia, underlying medical conditions including hypertension and possible drugs or alcohol.

Dr. Baden said there was one cause of death, and you don't really have to go beyond the video to understand.  He said Floyd was unresponsive 4 minutes in, yet the cop kept his knee there for nearly 5 minutes longer.  Baden says Floyd was in good health and no medical condition contributed to his death.

Dr. Baden said Floyd was deprived of his blood flow to the brain.  He also says Floyd couldn't breath ... something he repeatedly said as he was dying.  Baden scoffed at cops who say if you can talk you can breathe.  He says simply not the case.

This is a hugely significant development.  Anyone charged in this case will almost certainly glom on to the M.E.'s findings and argue the knee didn't cause Floyd's death ... that it was hypertension or something else.  Baden says BS ... it was the knee that caused Floyds death.

12:54 PM PT -- Baden said George Floyd was dead 4-to-5 minutes into the time Chauvin and the other officers had him pinned -- and yet, Chauvin kept his knee there for another 4 minutes-plus.

12:25 PM PT -- The independent autopsy of the body of George has been conducted, and it is markedly different from the Medical Examiner's findings because the new autopsy shows Floyd died from death by asphyxia due to the compression from a rogue cop's knee

https://www.tmz.com/2020/06/01/george-floyd-independent-autopsy-findings-family-news-conference/

42 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

It seems like it was after the curfew was called. From reports linked under the tweet two of the officers involved have been fired for excessive force and the two kids in the car released (they are uni students in Atlanta). The craziest thing is the white woman in the car in front waving at the news camera as her car drives on.

That’s what confused me as they had no interest in the car in front (containing a white female) I assumed the car behind had wronged them in some way... 

A local restaurant owner in Louisville was killed last night by the National Guard when someone from the crowd fired a shot at police and they returned a volley of fire. It seems from the reporting that he was a bystander who was hit with a stray shot. There is nothing graphic captured on the video but it is wild seeing the National Guard troops set up behind cars with rifles drawn, like something out of the Call of Duty video game.

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

A local restaurant owner in Louisville was killed last night by the National Guard when someone from the crowd fired a shot at police and they returned a volley of fire. It seems from the reporting that he was a bystander who was hit with a stray shot. There is nothing graphic captured on the video but it is wild seeing the National Guard troops set up behind cars with rifles drawn, like something out of the Call of Duty video game.

Good of him to let them know that shots were fired.

Â