U.S. Politics

maqroll

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's hardly inconceivable that the guy in charge might pay a political price for a pandemic that leaves hundreds of thousands dead.

It isn’t at all I just think Biden plays to all of Trump’s strengths. Your probably right that it could come down to how people judge the pandemic to have been dealt with.

5 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

It isn’t at all I just think Biden plays to all of Trump’s strengths. Your probably right that it could come down to how people judge the pandemic to have been dealt with.

He does? I know very little about their candidates, but I thought Biden was generally up for rolling with the pigs, excuse the expression. I actually thought he was considered to be the one Trump wanted to meet the least.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Yeah, don't get me wrong, I agree with you on Biden's weaknesses. I think he's a bad candidate, which is why I didn't want him to win. But yeah, the pandemic makes it very hard to predict politics in the remainder of the year.

51 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

He does? I know very little about their candidates, but I thought Biden was generally up for rolling with the pigs, excuse the expression. I actually thought he was considered to be the one Trump wanted to meet the least.  

You're right in the sense of his personality being someone 'up for a fight'.

The reasons I think he is a bad idea are that he is as establishment as they come and he can't call out a lot of the Trump administration's behaviour without getting punched back at hard because of perceived nepotism of his son getting where he did at Burisma (with all the links to Russia, impeachment, DEEP STATE etc) and the fact Biden often makes up stupid shit himself.

I believe the reason Trump won with his style is because it played to an "anti-establishment" (Lol or so they believe) voter base, whereas I don't see Biden playing as well as a career politician.

I could of course be completely wrong and the fact Biden won the nomination may bring enough Republicans embarrassed with the current state of their party over that would never have supported Bernie.

One main problem with Biden is that he's been around forever, during which time politics has changed a lot, and so many of his votes and positions now look terrible in retrospect (in many ways, they were terrible at the time) and this may well depress youth and/or minority turnout. Another problem is that both because he's been around forever and society has changed, and because he and his family have a bit of a problem with behaving honestly, he is an opposition research wet dream. Here are 6 key areas you can expect him to be hit:

However, for now, his polling is holding up against Trump, and coronavirus may well suck a lot of the oxygen from other parts of the debate.

On 06/04/2020 at 10:28, sne said:

Trump not allowing his medical expert Dr. Anthony Fauci to answer questions from the press about Hydroxychloroquine and then snapping at a journalist and walking off the stage.

Guy is losing it, won't be long before Fauci is out and he'll have some Dr Nick Riviera yes man blowing smoke up his ass about whatever cure the president has found while reading on Breitbart.

Well it was only a matter of time. Trump retweeting a #FireFauci tweet and throwing him under the buss to look like he himself did everything right.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

His obsession with OANN is mental.

They have a headline anchor whose sign off every night is 'even when I'm wrong, I'm right' FFS :D 

20 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Ron Burgundy?

John Oliver made the exact same comparison when he focused on them last week. Sadly, the guy is not fictional. They make Fox News look liberal.

Trump showed a straight up propaganda video at the presser last night to the point that CNN and NBC cut the live feed because it was so blatant.

Chopped video and edited sound to create an alternate history of the events. Dr Fauci also had to have a speech about how people had misunderstood him and that he should have used different words.

Trump also finished by saying that in matters like this he has "total authoritarian power" over the Governors in the 50 states. The constitution says he has not but whatever.

Going full on campaign mode.

Last came Anarchy : he rode

On a white horse, splashed with blood ;

He was pale even to the lips,

Like Death in the Apocalypse.

And he wore a kingly crown ;

And in his grasp a sceptre shone ;

On his brow this mark I saw—

‘I AM GOD, AND KING, AND LAW!’

Shelley

• Like 1

Interesting development in state authorities banding together in regions to coordinate any release of lockdown procedures. 

Looks like they are preparing to defy any federal instructions from Trump. That could get quite spicy! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It’s unbelievable that Trump can act the way he’s acting and come out on top. Which he will. 

The man is an embarrassment. 

Hyper partisanship and nothing having consequences anymore is a helluva concoction.

• Like 2

Â