U.S. Politics

maqroll

On 30/05/2019 at 10:13, Xann said:

BBC

'The Onion' might as well shut down, how do you outparody that? 

Hang on, that was real? I had already dismissed that news as parody. The complete lack of self awareness is breathtaking.

And this is another piece from a conservative journal that is well worth reading.

Liquidating the Labor Force
Americans already know what austerity is--we call it financialization. (via TomDispatch.com)

“Debtpocalypse” looms. Depending on who wins out in Washington, we’re told, we will either free fall over the fiscal cliff or take a terrifying slide to the pit at the bottom. Grim as these scenarios might seem, there is something confected about the mise-en-scène, like an un-fun Playland. After all, there is no fiscal cliff, or at least there was none–until the two parties built it.

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

All jokes aside, the bloke's **** backward.

Eevry time he does one of those tweets, I think it'sa fake account, then I realise it isn't. He's an absolute retard sometimes, the rest of the times he's just a plazzy gangster

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What the **** is he babbling on about?

I believe he's referring to the US's sacred mission to colonise space, since they will soon run out of Earth to colonise.  The moon and Mars are both markers on the route, both part of the grand plan.  (Are they still working on ray guns to zap us from space?  Haven't heard much about that lately).

3 hours ago, Brumerican said:

I assume that in the last 3 weeks he got the go ahead for Trump Tower Mars and heard a rumour Obama was born on the Moon.

Turns out Trump's not from this planet either, recent research concludes that he must've been born from a black hole at the center of Uranus. Hence why he stinks up the place.

Hopefully society learns that due to his origin from Uranus, it would be culturally aware to greet him with a full moon at every encounter, in recognition of the ass that he is.

The questioner said: “Would you be willing to work with us to take on actions if life becomes very difficult for Jews in the UK?” In response, Pompeo appeared to suggest that he would seek to intervene in the debate before Corbyn had a chance to become prime minister.

“It could be that Mr Corbyn manages to run the gauntlet and get elected,” he said on the recording. “It’s possible. You should know, we won’t wait for him to do those things to begin to push back. We will do our level best. It’s too risky and too important and too hard once it’s already happened.”

Whoops. Slip of the tongue there.

Hmm.

Grauniad

16 hours ago, Xann said:

New York Times cutting political cartoons after this one caused a kerfuffle on Passover.

adsadasdsadsd-1-e1556383284568-640x400.png

Yay, self censorship... society is heading back to victorian tymes!

1 hour ago, peterms said:

One minute he's chatting with heads of state, the next he's communing with the animal kingdom

The "whales" thing wasn't a mistake. He did it on porpoise.

• Haha 1

Â