U.S. Politics

maqroll

This Gulf of Tonkin 2.0 where the US are trying to engineer an Iranian attack on ships in the Persian Gulf is a bit scary.

Seem a bit too convenient that Iran should be attacking ships willy nilly just when the US and Israel are desperate for an excuse to attack them.

Pompeo seem very sure that Iran is behind it, without providing any proof at all.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, sne said:

This Gulf of Tonkin 2.0 where the US are trying to engineer an Iranian attack on ships in the Persian Gulf is a bit scary.

Seem a bit too convenient that Iran should be attacking ships willy nilly just when the US and Israel are desperate for an excuse to attack them.

Pompeo seem very sure that Iran is behind it, without providing any proof at all.

& attack on ship related to Japan while Japan PM in Tehran for meeting...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, villakram said:

& attack on ship related to Japan while Japan PM in Tehran for meeting...

Standard operational practice.  That's what you do, when the US is trying to find a pretext to attack you to please Israel.   You launch an attack against the country of the intermediary who seeks to reduce tension.  Isn't that how ir works?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bickster said:

Sarah Huckabee-Sanders stepping down from her position as “Official Whitehouse Liar”

As someone said, not me sadly, I'll only believe it when she denies it in person.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, sne said:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I wonder if the increased militarisation of the police (in terms of the hardware they have at their disposal) and a commitment to playing the stats game has just lead to a complete erosion in actual 'policing skills' in the US.

This is one of the most prominent side-effects of war, not just the hardware. So, so many service members enter the services when they return (police/fire etc.) and they are all somewhat damaged. It's very easy to paint the police as the bad guys, but I know I'd be constantly shitting a brick in their position given the amount of guns in this country. It's such a mess.

But, it is a fixable problem. Pity such novel ideas require leadership :(

• Like 3

13 hours ago, villakram said:

But, it is a fixable problem. 

Problem?

With the sales figures on armoured vehicles and increased weaponry to the US police forces currently (all taxpayer funded, so no issues on the money running out) you'll have trouble persuading many in congress that there's a problem. The Police are profitable; the police are running well. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Problem?

With the sales figures on armoured vehicles and increased weaponry to the US police forces currently (all taxpayer funded, so no issues on the money running out) you'll have trouble persuading many in congress that there's a problem. The Police are profitable; the police are running well. 

Another way of looking at it would be "Guns". The Police need all that stuff in large part because of whoppers with freely available assault weapons, perhaps? 

Â