U.S. Politics

maqroll

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

That would be an even more amusing outcome of an investigation. 

To be fair if there is to be an investigation it is quite possible it is done already. The USA are usually quite hot on government leaks etc. so if it was a genuine leak she has done (and its not like she's a quiet person) it would have been looked at pretty quickly I imagine. Therefore the fact that nothing has been done with her so far leads me to think (shockingly) that this is a load of horse sh*t. 

1 hour ago, LondonLax said:

Well they would say that when about to go into a contested court case wouldn’t they 😂

There will be a settlement. 

Yeah but it's likely to be bigger than the first one just because of the threat :D 

These voting machine companies are pretty small. An offer of several hundred million dollars, which is pretty much all pure profit, and which means minimal legal fees and probably more than they’d get even if it went to trial and they win, is close to a guarantee they’ll settle too.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sne said:

Tucker Carlson leaving FOX.

Thoughts and prayers.

The fact that he has left now rather than giving notice etc. is rather good. Suggests unplanned/big issue (but I could just be reading too much into it...). 

Knowing our luck he will end up on GB News.... 

1 hour ago, sne said:

Tucker Carlson leaving FOX.

Thoughts and prayers.

Where will the extreme right get their own opinions from now? You know, doing their own research.

• Confused 1

Great news Tucker Carlson is gone. I’m guessing it has to be connected to the recent lawsuits. A couple of thoughts:

1) He’s a huge name in the US these days so I wonder if he’ll fade from view or not. His name recognition gives him an usually good chance to try and pull viewers to a smaller hard-right channel or go independent, but ultimately I think FOX is bigger than him and he’s going to struggle to stay relevant without a prime time slot there. Fingers crossed, anyway!

2) Does this actually change anything at Fox? Or are they just going to promote someone else to the slot who keeps trotting out the same stuff?

I feel like the chances of there being an editorial decision at Fox to rein in their presenters and stick to reporting facts is pretty slim. Sure, they’re probably paying out a billion dollars in defamation suits but over the last decade they’ve made way more than that out of pandering to lunatics.

So much as I enjoy this, I don’t really think it changes anything. There’ll just be a new face intent on destroying democracy instead.

• Like 1

Lots of potential reasons why he is out. Is it confirmed if he jumped or was pushed?

It must be related to the voter fraud court cases. I wonder if it was a gentleman’s agreement as part of the settlement.

Â