U.S. Politics

maqroll

Just now, LondonLax said:

It’s June now so I’m confident everything is now going to be good.

It looks like McDonalds will open this week, so there's a positive for those who enjoy it (my kids will be happy).

Speech is more than a bit cringey but I'm not sure that's an arrestable offence. Whoever decided to arrest the guy is, at best, a moron.

Still, I guess he can be thankful he's still breathing.

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Speech is more than a bit cringey but I'm not sure that's an arrestable offence. Whoever decided to arrest the guy is, at best, a moron.

Still, I guess he can be thankful he's still breathing.

Its absolutely outrageous. There must be a way to take action for denial of freedom of speech and peaceful protect?

America in the headlights of the world keeps doubling and tripling down on we will do what the f**k we like to our own people, and anyone else that says something we don't like.

Edited by Genie
  • Like 1

I suspect this is only the start, message from the authorities is very clear, you do what the f**k you’re told or else. We don’t care about your freedom, back down or we’ll beat you down.

I bet the powers that be in the Middle East would even be slightly more subtle about it.

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Anybody got any updates on how well they are doing keeping the moral high ground around Hong Kong?

I know China and Hong Kong Communist party authority folks have been trolling them on twitter.

Trump, further eroding what little moral authority the US had in the world. It was never high, but he's utterly wrecked it in 3 years.

• Like 3

I appreciate this is trivia and gossip and it's kind of shallow of me to find it funny, but it turns out the guy who 'defended' a bar he goes to with a sword (discussed on the last few pages) writes pony fan fiction on the Internet:

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

So, the discriminated against and the poor are rioting, while politics is being represented by a man who deliberately fans the flames of societal collapse and continues to diminish faith in the power of representative democracy for change. At the same time we celebrate the privatisation of the sky above our heads through the bright hope of the new individualists. It's a Neo Feudalist wet dream.

Isn’t this how ‘Elysium’ began?

The film, for reference.

9 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

He's catholic *and* he watches My Little Pony? It's like a double-nonce bonus round.

I’ll be honest, that was my immediate response.

With just the slight doubt I might be being mean as generally young boys aren’t in to My Little Pony.

You could be a long time fishing that hole. As it were.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I appreciate this is trivia and gossip and it's kind of shallow of me to find it funny, but it turns out the guy who 'defended' a bar he goes to with a sword (discussed on the last few pages) writes pony fan fiction on the Internet:

source.gif (500×281)

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, snowychap said:

:lol:

"I see someone there walking away with a cheesecake after the cheesecake factory was looted. Unclear where they may have gotten that".

:detect:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â