Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

Games like this are always going to happen with a side like this, young, learning and inexperienced. They'll learn and grow from it.

Don't get the need to vent and be angry about it

I'm not angry about this result. As you said, young team, still learning, defeats are expected, especially against top teams.

I'm just disappointed that they aren't even trying. If you're gonna lose at least lose with a bit of pride and dignity. Don't just lie down for them.

I don't get the hate of Bannan - he does everything that Westwood does and then tries the more extravagant stuff on top - he gets more of that wrong than right but he's got the balls to try it an to keep coming back and trying it again - he's our best chance of creating a goal in this game. He's not having a good game, but I don't think he's any worse than anyone else and he's better than some.

Baker I think has done okay, but it's hard to pick out anyone who you can say is having a good game.

Benteke and Weimann have been poor.

This result could be a good warning to the team that they're a long way from having made it.

Games like this are always going to happen with a side like this, young, learning and inexperienced. They'll learn and grow from it.

Don't get the need to vent and be angry about it

Indeed. The game as gone pretty much as I expected. Chelsea are one of the best sides in Europe but last weeks result has given some fans a rather bloated sense of expectation all of a sudden .

We aren't playing well but a big part of that is because Chelsea are not letting us play well . They are a great side .

• Like 1

Apart from their superior movement in the final third, we're not doing too bad. We've had enough of the ball to cause them problems if we had a bit more composure. Benteke is looking like he's been reading too many newspapers in the past week though. Bannan and Holman are taking the wrong option too often too.

formation is not working. i didnt think it did last week either but i thought we got away with it due to some poor liverpool finishing (they should have really been 3 up after 20 mins) and the fact we got it right on the break.

again we have 3 centrebacks marking 1 forward, leaving the midfield and fullbacks exposed with 2 on 1s. chelseas 3 attacking midfielders are killing us with their movement and we are all over the place in terms of positioning and communication. and when we get on the ball in the midfield we have no where to go because chelsea out number us there.

unlike last week we are not clicking on the break at all, and all benteke has done is stray offside.

This was always going to happen. The sooner Concrete Ron comes back the better though. Could do with Bennett too, as Lichaj is making Moses look like a world beater. Other than that we're playing well, maybe Ireland for one of the midfielders (probably Bannan or Holman) in the second half. Doubt much will change though.

I don't get the hate of Bannan - he does everything that Westwood does and then tries the more extravagant stuff on top - he gets more of that wrong than right but he's got the balls to try it an to keep coming back and trying it again - he's our best chance of creating a goal in this game. He's not having a good game, but I don't think he's any worse than anyone else and he's better than some.

Really? How many assists has he got this season?

He takes 90% of set pieces too and I'd still be surprised if he'd got one.

first half has been one of the worst displaysin a good while

noone is expecting to play chelsea off the park and win by lots of goals

what we do expect is not some gutless slow motion shit passing negative worse than schoolboy crap hoof ball type of football

bannan when he plays short passes to feat looks tidy, try the hollywood 1 in 15 passes and we give them the ball and they go down the other end and it ends in a goal or attempt on goal

what him, if he hasnt got it he orders who ever has it to pass it backwards to a defender to hoof

holman has done **** all, really sweat **** all

weiman and benteke are miles apart, other sides of the pitch apart

lowton hasnt got forwards

westwoods passing has been shit

keep the **** ball, if a forward simple pass is on, make the ****, stop passing it back and then let chelsea get all 11 behind the ball which then means hoofing it hoping benteke wins the header ( if he isnt offside)

very very poor so far

show some **** guts, and show some kind of ambition, otherwise dont expect to start the next game

oh and a special mention to herd - wake the **** up you moron

Indeed. The game as gone pretty much as I expected. Chelsea are one of the best sides in Europe but last weeks result has given some fans a rather bloated sense of expectation all of a sudden .

We aren't playing well but a big part of that is because Chelsea are not letting us play well . They are a great side .

I agree with this. I am disappointed with the game but I know this will happen once in a while but the bigger picture is going well. Hopefully the score won't get much bigger and maybe we can nick a goal to make the second half a bit entertaining but if not it's just a blip in the journey

He isn't remotely close to being as good as Westwood yet has played about 10 times more games in the PL, in fact he is our most experienced player out there. Now that isn't his fault but with that in mind and considering the way we are playing and the position he is playing it would be nice if once in a while he considered holding onto the ball and retaining possession.

He never does though, its always about the hollywood ball with him yet he isn't good enough to play them and gives it away constantly.

As for him being our best chance of creating something, his stats for assists are woeful so I personally think it is unlikely. Thanks to his attempt to play hollywood passes ever time though he is reducing the chance of anyone else setting one up.

Is he our worst player out there? No that is Herd but he is totally out of position, but Bannan is in position and doing the same thing he does week after week and match after match.

Spot on. They are using the ball well when they get it, their movement is fantastic off the ball. Chelsea are a better team with Rafa whether their supporters like him or not.