Jimzk5

4 hours ago, MikeAVFC said:

Signed Diogo Jota on a permanent deal from Athletico Madrid for £10 million. FFP?? Suppose it won't matter when they go up. 

They haven't actually signed him yet, just said they will be.  It'll happen July 1st I think.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

10M as well the valuation is not dodgey at all oh no 

If you think about that figure and then you see Bristol City wanted 10m+ for aden Flint 

Ah, but when the figure was agreed Jota was unproven in the Championship ;)

Ok, he was playing in the Champions League, but as he showed the other week, he can't do it on a wet Saturday in Barnsley, £10m is a bit expensive if anything.

Over the moon with this, I was a little worried he'd be on his way.

Great win for you lot last night with Derby dropping points.  What a strike too!  You gotta be starting to believe now right?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andy81 said:

Ah, but when the figure was agreed Jota was unproven in the Championship ;)

Ok, he was playing in the Champions League, but as he showed the other week, he can't do it on a wet Saturday in Barnsley, £10m is a bit expensive if anything.

Over the moon with this, I was a little worried he'd be on his way.

Great win for you lot last night with Derby dropping points.  What a strike too!  You gotta be starting to believe now right?

Mate, it's got to the point with Villa now, that even if we won every game this season 3-0. were crowned champions in Feb and we had a party, there'd still be a small part of me thinking "I bet Steve Bruce will be found putting drugs up the players arses in their sleep", nullifying all the results and us being demoted to Pritt Stick League 5 or something. 

4 hours ago, lapal_fan said:

Mate, it's got to the point with Villa now, that even if we won every game this season 3-0. were crowned champions in Feb and we had a party, there'd still be a small part of me thinking "I bet Steve Bruce will be found putting drugs up the players arses in their sleep", nullifying all the results and us being demoted to Pritt Stick League 5 or something. 

Haha! It's been a bad few years for you, I can understand that!

You'll come back stronger I think.

The one thing about Villa I've been wondering for a while, and maybe you guys have a view, is will the Dr put in some of his own money (or has he already, purchase of the club aside) or will you always be living off parachute payments and TV money?

9 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

The one thing about Villa I've been wondering for a while, and maybe you guys have a view, is will the Dr put in some of his own money (or has he already, purchase of the club aside) or will you always be living off parachute payments and TV money?

That's the million dollar question.

That's why we're excited about promotion - what villa will turn up? A highly competitive one? Becoming the best team in the world (from Xia's mouth) or will we just be found wanting and become a yo yo club or some shit like that?

Only one way to find out!

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I saw half the game yesterday. Me and my mates were thrown out just after half time by enthusiastic Fulham stewards. 

Congratulations on your impressive win yesterday!

• Sad 1

On 1/31/2018 at 18:26, Andy81 said:

Its been mooted that the plan is team to get up.....another to stay up......and another to challenge for Europe.

so i would say yes money will be found.

but I would say caution is the bye word......most of our really successful players over the years have not emanated from big money purchases.

clubs do need money, but prudency is the trick.

Edited by TRO

The way some of the Wolves fans reacted when Adomah said we were going to chase them down was as if we had collectively took a trip to the Molineux and used the pitch as a toilet. They have obviously not learned anything from watch the Albion fans being taken down a peg or three.

I used to have a lot of time for their fans as they suffered the pain of having really terrible owners for 30 years and they are due some successes but if they cannot show a level of humitity then I will smile broadly next season when they cannot buy a win and Nuno walks..........

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

The way some of the Wolves fans reacted when Adomah said we were going to chase them down was as if we had collectively took a trip to the Molineux and used the pitch as a toilet. They have obviously not learned anything from watch the Albion fans being taken down a peg or three.

I used to have a lot of time for their fans as they suffered the pain of having really terrible owners for 30 years and they are due some successes but if they cannot show a level of humitity then I will smile broadly next season when they cannot buy a win and Nuno walks..........

They have been waiting what 30 years to finish above us? Let them have their fun, I generally think we have  a good model at Villa where I think steps are being taken so we can rely on ourselves. Wolves isnt. There plan is just to have mendes get them younger and talent hope they do well and sell them on for big profit. 

7 hours ago, mykeyb said:

With respect mate, the key word there is ‘some’. 

You tend to notice more these kind of opinions, but it won’t be the majority of Wolves fans at all. 

All the stuff between Wolves and Villa this season is the press stirring and social media reacting. 

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Same here, they are soooooo easy. 

It’s fair to say I’m easy, but not in this sense, I think it’s possible although unlikely we could finish second, but third I don’t think will happen. 

Edited by Andy81

Â