Jimzk5

25 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Has a  more impressive cv than howe

I would say Howe dragging Bournemouth up the divisions and getting Newcastle into the Champions League is better than anything Lopetegui has done and I dont even rate Howe

• Like 2

Another Midlands club whose fans couldn’t stay humble during a successful period.

They just don’t understand success (relative) is not sustainable for clubs like them.

We have experienced many more successful cycles over the years than them….I tried to explain what would happen as I did to Baggies fans.

When you are good enjoy it! What’s your success got to do with Villa?

If our current uptrend continues do you think for one minute the Holte End will going on about a gap? Or singing about being pride of the midlands?

Edited by MarkLillis

8 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

1. It
2. is
3. so
4. hard
5. to
6. predict
7. who
8. will
9. be
10. relegated
11. from
12. the
13. premier
14. league
15. before
16. the
17. season
18. even
19. starts
20. WOLVES

👏

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

Genuinely don't get the whole "Midlands football" thing.

I'd rather see Villa be the only competitive team in the region, hoovering up all the best local youngsters and being miles ahead of our rivals.

The midland football thing is the kind of thing I tell my Wolves supporting work colleagues without actually meaning it

5 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Wolves, luton and sheff united for the drop

16/1 with Coral. Seems a decent bet. Bournemouth or Burnley to go down with Luton and Sheffield United, are their 10/1 joint favourites. 

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

Genuinely don't get the whole "Midlands football" thing.

I'd rather see Villa be the only competitive team in the region, hoovering up all the best local youngsters and being miles ahead of our rivals.

Because the more successful clubs locally brings more eyes on the area and helps the local economy. We’ve signed plenty of prospects from WBA for example and will continue to do so. We are far ahead of teams locally right now and the gulf will get bigger. I think this view is a little myopic in a footballing geographic sense as competition brings out the best in us. I’d rather have a league with more teams from the West and East Midlands as it puts more eyes on the area nationally and internationally and might actually help bring in more talent to an area of the country that they might not have considered otherwise. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Because the more successful clubs locally brings more eyes on the area and helps the local economy. We’ve signed plenty of prospects from WBA for example and will continue to do so. We are far ahead of teams locally right now and the gulf will get bigger. I think this view is a little myopic in a footballing geographic sense as competition brings out the best in us. I’d rather have a league with more teams from the West and East Midlands as it puts more eyes on the area nationally and internationally and might actually help bring in more talent to an area of the country that they might not have considered otherwise. 

I don't think anyone looked at the league last season and thought "hmmmm.... Brighton, Bournemouth and Southampton... maybe the South Coast is where it's at".  I don't think anyone looks at either London or Manchester and thinks "strong cities for football, sounds good" - it's all entirely (in London's case, maybe also the 'lifestyle' aspect) based on how strong an individual side is.

The reason we've been able to sign plenty of prospects from WBA is precisely because they're weak right now.  That's the sort of order I want to see - not having them as a strong side in the Premier League.

Â