West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

From the photo I saw on Facebook it looked like they took about 300 last night at a push 

Thats pretty impressive for a Tuesday night in Middlesboro to watch Bruceball

Should be awarded season tickets for life but they might feel its a punishment 

13 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=26689.550

The old just keeping tossing shapes and tactics at a board until one sticks. Dont worry about training it or being familiar. Eventually one of them will produce a win at random.

Then when you lose again abandon it instantly ,rip it up and go back to tried and trusted for 3 months until the next winless run.

You forgot to spout off saying that'll shut a few up. 

1 minute ago, useless said:

They were sixth when Bruce was appointed, five games one goal and one point later they're now thirteenth.

Well you know. My remit when I came to this football club was can I keep them up in this division. Wuv done that now. Hopefully now we can get back and set things right for a strong play off push when we're back in training a week on next fortnight.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Well you know. My remit when I came to this football club was can I keep them up in this division. Wuv done that now. Hopefully now we can get back and set things right for a strong play off push when we're back in training a week on next fortnight.

He probably needs one of his famous pre seasons

2 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

With the transfer of the latest wunderkind from WBA to Chelsea I'm actually starting to feel sorry for them losing all this young talent.

They probably should close the academy. Why bother at this stage

That's Leo Cardoso and Kiano Dyer to Chelsea, Lino Sousa to Arsenal, and Triston Rowe and Kadan Young to us, all current England U16 internationals that they've lost, and Jamal Jimoh another current England U16 international of theirs supposedly set to sign for either Man City or Chelsea.

Their academy  has done incredibly well to produce all these England youth players in the first place, but must be disheartening to lose a lot of them before they even reach scholarship age.

I don't think he's been called up by England yet, but we also took our U16 captain Dylan Mitchell from them.

As I've said before it's kind of promising for us because it shows what a good job the likes of Mark Harrison, Ryan Maye, and Stephen Hopcroft all now with us, did whilst they were working for their academy.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

With the transfer of the latest wunderkind from WBA to Chelsea I'm actually starting to feel sorry for them losing all this young talent.

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, useless said:

That's Leo Cardoso and Kiano Dyer to Chelsea, Lino Sousa to Arsenal, and Triston Rowe and Kadan Young to us, all current England U16 internationals that they've lost, and Jamal Jimoh another current England U16 international of theirs supposedly set to sign for either Man City or Chelsea.

Their academy  has done incredibly well to produce all these England youth players in the first place, but must be disheartening to lose a lot of them before they even reach scholarship age.

Disheartening might be an understatement. Also, I kind of wonder if it's questionable if these kids have made the right decision to go Chelsea, Arsenal and even us in truth at such an age. Surely, all obvious jokes apart, they've got way more chance of actually playing and developing at West Brom over any big name club. Find it odd.

Must admit, I'm mercilessly ripping the piss out of my WBA supporting mate atm. He's pretty much taking it on the chin, which is slightly disappointing. 

43 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

Disheartening might be an understatement. Also, I kind of wonder if it's questionable if these kids have made the right decision to go Chelsea, Arsenal and even us in truth at such an age. Surely, all obvious jokes apart, they've got way more chance of actually playing and developing at West Brom over any big name club. Find it odd.

The last few years Chelsea have been pretty good at getting players through to the first team, or if not they get transferred out and get first team football elsewhere. 

West Brom have a good academy in terms of producing players but their youngsters probably see academies like ours, Chelsea's and Arsenal's as better for their development as they will have access to better facilities, staff, will be training and playing alonside better players, more likely to get better loan moves and so on, so even if they don't make it with us or whoever will perhaps feel that still end up somewhere better than they would by staying at Albion.

Also money obviously plays a big part.

To be honest it's not even as if Albion have a big reputation for giving their youngsters a chance, they've got some good ones in the older age groups that their fans have been calling to be given a chance but they haven't been used, even Reyes Cleary who can't stop scoring for their U18s and U23s is being linked to top clubs in this country and Germany, hasn't played a single minute of championship football this season, and there are others as well like Ingram and Gardner Hickman.

We on the other hand have a reputation for giving youngsters a chance, Iroegbunam is only eighteen is already a regular squad member and has played for us in the Premier League, so I doubt he's regretting his move, Barry the same age has already won a FA Youth Cup and is getting regular first team football this season and scoring goals.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, useless said:

I don't think he's been called up by England yet, but we also took our U16 captain Dylan Mitchell from them.

As I've said before it's kind of promising for us because it shows what a good job the likes of Mark Harrison, Ryan Maye, and Stephen Hopcroft all now with us, did whilst they were working for their academy.

any ideas on what postcodes they are finding them?

the challenge for villa has to be to find them before they do, berahino being the obvious one even if he did end up being a dick, he cant happen if we're serious about our academy

How the hell have they got this many quality players in the youth teams yet seem so bad at integrating them to the first team?

I think the last prospect they bought through was Bryan Robson!

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

Must admit, I'm mercilessly ripping the piss out of my WBA supporting mate atm. He's pretty much taking it on the chin, which is slightly disappointing. 

I remember during our 15/16 season, an Albion supporting cousin said to me that it's no fun taking the piss out of Villa fans anymore, it had gone beyond it and we were already broken.  I think that's pretty much where they are at the moment.

I don't think we have to worry about them finding the best youngsters in the region anymore, the scouting team that was finding these youngsters for them now works for us, we've taken over the satlite academies that they had, and the inititiaves they had with local schools. For a while they had a monopoly on local talent, but we've taken that over now, pretty much literally, everything that was good about their academy is now ours, only with us there's also a bigger budget.

We've done a similar thing with the women's academy, ours is one of the best in the country now, a lot of the players and staff we took from small heath who up until recently had a very good women's team and set up.

• Like 2

Â