West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

They probably can't afford to sack him, I remember seeing an article in the Express and Star suggesting that without promotion they would be in big financial trouble just before they were promoted the last time, allusions to us and Xia were made, that they did get promoted probably staved off those problems, but now they've been relegated again and failed to come back up those potential financial difficulties probably starting to catch up with them again.

Edited by useless

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
23 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

They've just picked up John Swift from Reading on a free.

Good bit of business, always rated him.

Bruce will knock that out of him

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

They've just picked up John Swift from Reading on a free.

Good bit of business, always rated him.

Surprised that he’s seemingly happy to convert into a fullback, thought he was an attacking player? 

• 3 weeks later...

Appears the owner borrowed £5 million from West Brom to "loan" to another business, and already pushed the repayment data back 🤔

BBC Website

Championship club West Brom gave a loan of £4.95m to a company owned by chairman and owner Guochuan Lai to help it through the coronavirus pandemic.

The details of the loan are contained in West Brom's accounts to June 2021, released on Thursday.

Lai says he will return the money, with £50,000 interest, by 31 December 2022 after the initial repayment date was moved from 15 September.

"I will repay the loan in full," he told the club website.

The news will come as a shock to West Brom fans as it took money out of the club that could have been used for transfers both last summer and this, as the club tries to return to the Premier League.

"The club's annual accounts for the 2020-21 season detail a loan to Wisdom Smart Corporation Limited, a related party to me. Regrettably, the Covid-19 pandemic saw my international businesses suffer, particularly those in the hospitality and entertainment sector, which experienced an almost complete closure for long periods, and in March 2021 I received a loan from the football club," said Lai.

4 hours ago, useless said:

Don't know what it means but apparently not good, and rumours that they're going to sell their ground too.

spacer.png

• Haha 1

Seems they want Cameron Archer on loan. 

That's about as likely as  Christina Hendricks wanting to sit on my face. 

33 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Seems they want Cameron Archer on loan. 

That's about as likely as  Christina Hendricks wanting to sit on my face. 

Brucey could teach him a thing or two

• Haha 1

Â