West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

If it goes well, they get promoted, then he will get an extended contract.

Then 12 months later when they are rock bottom again, he gets sacked and yet another pay off.

He's certainly not stupid.

• Haha 1

I remember Steve Bruce as a manager that steadied the ship for us after a period where we were looking like a club in complete freefall. He got us to the playoffs final and then the following season it was time for a change which went well for us, not least because we were on a solid footing from Bruce's time at the club. 

He came into a club that was most recently managed by Lambert, Sherwood, Garde, Di Matteo and managed to turn that around. I do remember the cabbages, but I also remember him being a very respectable man, who played a positive role in where we find ourselves today.

I'm not sure why there is a thread of thought here that WBA have gotten themselves a dud. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, YLN said:

I'm not sure why there is a thread of thought here that WBA have gotten themselves a dud. 

It's not that, it's the fact the Boingers were all crying because of Ishmail's horrendous style of football.

Which isn't far away from Bruce's style of football.

36 minutes ago, YLN said:

I remember Steve Bruce as a manager that steadied the ship for us after a period where we were looking like a club in complete freefall. He got us to the playoffs final and then the following season it was time for a change which went well for us, not least because we were on a solid footing from Bruce's time at the club. 

He came into a club that was most recently managed by Lambert, Sherwood, Garde, Di Matteo and managed to turn that around. I do remember the cabbages, but I also remember him being a very respectable man, who played a positive role in where we find ourselves today.

Signing "good characters" should be the absolute basic standard for management. Shows how shambolic it was when this is lauded.

....and it's certainly easy to sign good heads and seasoned pros when you're dropping 50k and 60k a week in the Championship.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Signing "good characters" should be the absolute basic standard for management. Shows how shambolic it was when this is lauded.

....and it's certainly easy to sign good heads and seasoned pros when you're dropping 50k and 60k a week in the Championship.

some of the senior pros he ''signed'' he didnt actually sign, Elohick, Jedi, Chester and Adomah he didnt sign that was Di Matteo

On 05/02/2022 at 19:02, YLN said:

Steadied the ship, yes. After that fairly straightforward task it was utterly shambolic. Not ever getting near the automatic places given the resources and backing he had was incredibly poor, and the disgraceful non-attempt he presided over in that play off final should have seen him sacked immediately. 

Then he filled the team up with loans and older players running down their contract meaning that when we did finally get promoted we could barely scrape a team together, something that took us a good few transfer windows to remedy.

All whilst smugly saying things like "who would they get that is better" and after fairly basic successes coming out with shit like "That should shut them up". As a person, I have more respect for McLeish - he at least managed us with dignity in his words and behaviour. Steve Bruce respectable?, my arse! Ask Wednesday fans how respectable they think he is.

Yet somehow this "manager" keeps getting fairly decent gigs - it is baffling. A true sign of desperation. Hopefully when he fails at West Brom people will start to realise that he is a relic who should be left out to pasture.

He will not get West Brom promoted. £20 to Acorns from me if he does.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I think he's changed the formation every match so far. He went for a back four tonight with narrow inverted wingers, exactly the sort of formation that doesn't work with Andy Carroll. But regardless of which formation he selects I can't get my head around the lack of basic team shape. We have midfielders stood thirty yards from defenders and a front one or front three twenty yards ahead of the midfield. Then surprise, surprise we are unable to either attack or defend as a unit.

http://westbrom.com/forum/Themes/Wheeit/images/ip.gif 

http://westbrom.com/forum/index.php?topic=26689.550

The old just keeping tossing shapes and tactics at a board until one sticks. Dont worry about training it or being familiar. Eventually one of them will produce a win at random.

Then when you lose again abandon it instantly ,rip it up and go back to tried and trusted for 3 months until the next winless run.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â