West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

They're actually scoring goals as well. I thought 2016 had given us enough shocks but a free scoring baggies team? That's taking the biscuit. 

The very fact that they are 6th tells you how bloody awful the Premier League is. 

If he was the Villa manager I would stop going. Albion's don't like watching but will take the winning football while it's there, he will get them top 10  but every other football fan wont even register that they are there.

Is his Football really any worse than what they were playing under Steve Clarke or even Hodgson?

I'm a bit bemused why Baggies fans seem to be getting on their high horse about his style and seemingly boycotting as a result...they last played decent football in the top division in the 70s.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Woy's was fairly decent, certainly better than this.

Not really...he too was of the safety first at the back and then try to nick things on the break. It works well at clubs with low expectations like WBA and Fulham of course but that style was really poor at Liverpool and of course with England.

Best I've ever seen WBA play in the prem was the first 6 months of 2012-13. Steve Clarke was manager and they had Odemwingie, Shane Long and Lukaku upfront.

Ask any WBA fan you know if they'd rather have Pepe Mel or Irvine back.

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Is his Football really any worse than what they were playing under Steve Clarke or even Hodgson?

I'm a bit bemused why Baggies fans seem to be getting on their high horse about his style and seemingly boycotting as a result...they last played decent football in the top division in the 70s.

My mates who support them say that he has in the past not even set teams up to try and win a game, he would love to sneak a 1-0. Even when they have gone in at half time 2 down he doesnt change it, never goes all out. in other words boring as hell

Yes that would be Man. City at home recently....Man. City who will be beating plenty of teams home and away this season here an in Europe.

This season so far they've been 4-0 up v West Ham, went and won at Leicester (only team to do that in a year) and beat a Watford team who are in the top half.

Yes he's anti football but aren't most managers below the elite level? It's all to degrees but Steve Bruce if we get up will be pretty defensive, Big Sam is and even under MON we scored a huge amount from free kicks and corners at our peak. We just had better footballers to execute that then what WBA have.

Edited by VillaChris

• 2 weeks later...
Â