West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

Thy dont like Pullis at west Brom do they. He knows how to get results. For a club the size of West Brom to be where they are is amazing really. It may not be the champaigne football of the 70s under Ron Atkinson but what does that matter,

Was out with a few people last night (in North East England) some of who I knew quite well, others not so much, and was sat next a bloke who saw me looking at the football scores on my phone. "What's the West Brom score?" he asked. I told him, and asked him if he was a Baggie? Turns out he was, so I asked him if he was from the West Midlands, which he wasn't (but his Dad was from Halesowen). I'm from Brum I said, and follow Villa. His face turned straight away. "Oh I hate Villa." I laughed it off, and said yeah, we're not too popular amongst your lot. He didn't even crack a smile. Here we go I thought, sure enough, he started going on about Villa thinking they were bigger than they are, and all Villa fans think we're a big club, and are arrogant, and blah blah blah... By this point, he was getting on my nerves, so I decided to play the part, and tell him he was right, because it was true. We are bigger than Albion will ever be, and even if we dropped down to League 2, we'd still be bigger. I had a little chuckle and moved away from him.

Next time I'm going to tell him how I think Wolves are the biggest club in the Black Country.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Was out with a few people last night (in North East England) some of who I knew quite well, others not so much, and was sat next a bloke who saw me looking at the football scores on my phone. "What's the West Brom score?" he asked. I told him, and asked him if he was a Baggie? Turns out he was, so I asked him if he was from the West Midlands, which he wasn't (but his Dad was from Halesowen). I'm from Brum I said, and follow Villa. His face turned straight away. "Oh I hate Villa." I laughed it off, and said yeah, we're not too popular amongst your lot. He didn't even crack a smile. Here we go I thought, sure enough, he started going on about Villa thinking they were bigger than they are, and all Villa fans think we're a big club, and are arrogant, and blah blah blah... By this point, he was getting on my nerves, so I decided to play the part, and tell him he was right, because it was true. We are bigger than Albion will ever be, and even if we dropped down to League 2, we'd still be bigger. I had a little chuckle and moved away from him.

Next time I'm going to tell him how I think Wolves are the biggest club in the Black Country.

My wife's best mate has started dating a baggies fan. He's from west brom and we are due to all go out for a meal soon. He's a season ticket holder so he's a serious baggies fan.  I've already had my wife's mate on about it asking her to ask him if he's obsessed with villa like most of the other clearings in the woods. I'm sure we will get on but if we don't I will just piss in his pint when he ain't looking ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

My wife's best mate has started dating a baggies fan. He's from west brom and we are due to all go out for a meal soon. He's a season ticket holder so he's a serious baggies fan.  I've already had my wife's mate on about it asking her to ask him if he's obsessed with villa like most of the other clearings in the woods. I'm sure we will get on but if we don't I will just piss in his pint when he ain't looking ;)

To be honest my experience of bitter Baggies is limited. Didn't really know too many growing up. We used to drink with a few Baggies lads in the first pub I was ever a regular in. Always just had a bit of a laugh with them. It seems to be quite a recent thing with them (I know historically we had a big rivalry, and even in the 70s). They seem to hate us these days, not that I lose any sleep over it. I could tell by his face what was coming, when I told him I was Villa. Seen the same look of a nose, when my mates told him I was a Villa fan, when I was at the cricket once. It's funny more than anything. It's especially funny to live up to their expectations, if they're going to be clearing in the woods about it!  

Just now, dAVe80 said:

To be honest my experience of bitter Baggies is limited. Didn't really know too many growing up. We used to drink with a few Baggies lads in the first pub I was ever a regular in. Always just had a bit of a laugh with them. It seems to be quite a recent thing with them (I know historically we had a big rivalry, and even in the 70s). They seem to hate us these days, not that I lose any sleep over it. I could tell by his face what was coming, when I told him I was Villa. Seen the same look of a nose, when my mates told him I was a Villa fan, when I was at the cricket once. It's funny more than anything. It's especially funny to live up to their expectations, if they're going to be clearing in the woods about it!  

Yeah only recently has it become a bit heated. I don't know too many of them tbf but I'm the same with blues or west brom fans, I play up to our arrogant stereotype just to annoy them. Got no beef with wolves fans mind, good set of fans they are  and way more level headed.

I recently had a twitter exchange with an ollbeeyun fan, taking the mick out of a crap villa performance earlier in the season. I commented on why he had this pic as his background (esp as it was out of date !). His reply was that he was happy with the work Garde did at our club ! He still has it as his pic. I wished him the best as wba were now representing the midlands in the top flight but got no response.

Jeez....they just cant let it go/get over it. Chip on the shoulder or what :rolleyes:

av.JPG

• 3 weeks later...

Pulis doing a wonderful job this season

They're probably the highest they can possibly be, given the huge resources of the 7 teams above them

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

Pulis doing a wonderful job this season

They're probably the highest they can possibly be, given the huge resources of the 7 teams above them

Makes it all sound a bit bleak doesn't it. They could do with a good cup run whilst they've got a decent side.

Living the Black Country I have to say I can't stand these lot, more so than the blues. Here's an example of why... I was in the gym yesterday, 2 blokes both at a guess late 50's were training in full Albion kits including socks. It appeared that they didn't know each other, but started talking about Albion. One said to the other, who we got today, the other replied I don't know but I see the shit (meaning us) failed to beat Leeds.... It's just so small time and pathetic... Don't get me wrong the team are doing really well under Pullis and should get a top ten finish, but the fans are rocket polishers

I find the Boggies fans worse than any other.... Even Blues!!! They really do talk about us ALL the time, i know a couple of Albion who to be fair are proper football heads who you can have a proper discussion with about football... Literally every other one i hate talking to about football as they are just so uneducated about anything to do with football. Its hillarious because all of them think they are some kind of experts. 

I grew up knowing a lot of Albion fans and i must say that i really do hate them as much as Blues. I dont get why people dont rate them as an big local derby seeing as they are so close to us. Horrible fans, horrible club, horrible accent...... The hatred for them started when they first arrived in prem (02/03 i think?) Was getting texts from albion mates saying you cant beat us etc.... Up steps Der Hammer.... 

Edited by leighavfc

15 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

No history boys albion even with us a league below they are such small fry 

eh they are founder members of the league and have a league title and a few Fa Cup victories. So I would say they have history

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â