West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

Baggies would need the next 5-10 years of being a progressive, good, maybe even top 10 and doing well in the cups team before they'd be anywhere near what we are, fortunately they aren't...new owner same old happy to be here existence by the looks of it, they're a horrible anti football club that aren't going to expand beyond their Sandwell stronghold

can tell you one thing too, they've got nothing in the way of organisation about them, knock the lions clubs if you want but they're taking 500+ fans to every game for us, baggies fans in kiddy can either drive themselves or take the official travel, there's more of them in kiddy but I'd say more of us are going to games

imho even trying to take the c&b specs off there isn't a measuring stick going right now that you could use to say they're bigger than us, next year they'll have income thanks to the tv money but even our sponsorship revenue is higher than theirs 

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Decent player, can nick goals etc...but Pulis always signs these creative free spirited types and then dumps them onto the bench when he finds out they struggle to fit into his rigid 4-4-2.

I remember Stoke fans were really excited about signing Tuncay, doubt he got 10 games for Stoke under Pulis

• Like 1

I'm surprised some of you took me seriously. Of course it's no contest between the two clubs,never has been and never will be. I never used to mind them when I was a tad younger but I can't stand them now and it's down to their horrid little annoying fans. Not many of them in Rugeley, in fact there are  way more Leeds fans than there are baggies. I find their fans to be arrogant and for what they have got to be arrogant about I don't know.

3 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I'm surprised some of you took me seriously. Of course it's no contest between the two clubs,never has been and never will be. I never used to mind them when I was a tad younger but I can't stand them now and it's down to their horrid little annoying fans. Not many of them in Rugeley, in fact there are  way more Leeds fans than there are baggies. I find their fans to be arrogant and for what they have got to be arrogant about I don't know.

Obviously you were joking but out of curiosity where you are from who would you say is bigger Baggies or Wolves?

I don't know any West Brom fans in South Brum or Wolves for that matter.

Even at our lowest ebb we are still the biggest by far in the Midlands in my opinion.

6 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

Obviously you were joking but out of curiosity where you are from who would you say is bigger Baggies or Wolves?

I don't know any West Brom fans in South Brum or Wolves for that matter.

Even at our lowest ebb we are still the biggest by far in the Midlands in my opinion.

Wolves by a mile. Rugeley is a big wolves/villa town. Wolves are a big club imo, not in our league but easily the bigger club out of them and west brom. The baggies are not a small club by no means and have a pretty rich history but they are not what you call a big club. When you go to molinuex you sense that it's a big club but you never get that same feeling going to the hawthorns.

Edited by Rugeley Villa
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

They are mate. Bigger Fanbase and they are a prem team. Us as villa fans are deluded if we think we are a bigger club than the baggies.

Bigger fanbase sorry mate but that isn't true 

4 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

One thing I will say though is that when I've worked in West Bromwich which I have a few times you don't see many other shirts apart from west brom. I've seen the odd villa shirt but that's about it.

I'll say a racial stereotype but true in my experience, west brom has a high Asian community and therefore a lot of people from west brom are either Utd or Liverpool fans

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I'll say a racial stereotype but true in my experience, west brom has a high Asian community and therefore a lot of people from west brom are either Utd or Liverpool fans

Your probably right, but I'd say the West Midlands in general is like that. With a Asian population of around 250.000 in Birmingham I'd bet the bigger clubs are more popular than villa are among them. Are we even the best supported club in Aston? Back to the point of what I said in previous post and I do seem to see a lot of people wearing west brom tops around west brom which is not that strange in itself. Same when I've worked up Stoke, I don't see many other shirts apart from Stoke.

14 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Your probably right, but I'd say the West Midlands in general is like that. With a Asian population of around 250.000 in Birmingham I'd bet the bigger clubs are more popular than villa are among them. Are we even the best supported club in Aston? Back to the point of what I said in previous post and I do seem to see a lot of people wearing west brom tops around west brom which is not that strange in itself. Same when I've worked up Stoke, I don't see many other shirts apart from Stoke.

Growing up as I did, in Aston, I can tell you that back in the 80's the vast majority of kids around there were Asians who 'supported' Liverpool. In the 90's they all miraculously became Man United 'supporters'. I've always said that Newcastles low Asian population is one of the reasons why they get such big gates. For some reason, most Asians and Africans only follow the big clubs. Shame. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Growing up as I did, in Aston, I can tell you that back in the 80's the vast majority of kids around there were Asians who 'supported' Liverpool. In the 90's they all miraculously became Man United 'supporters'. I've always said that Newcastles low Asian population is one of the reasons why they get such big gates. For some reason, most Asians and Africans only follow the big clubs. Shame. 

Bang on about the Newcastle comment.

10 hours ago, One For The Road said:

Very true. I have played football with a lot of Asian lads in my time and still do. I have only ever known one of them be a Villa fan. Tottenham, Man United and Liverpool all the way.

Edited by rodders0223

Â