West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

15 hours ago, villa4europe said:

pulis signed a new one year deal :lol:

Brilliant news. Delighted with this when no doubt they are on a "Super Sunday" with zero shots on target against the likes of Burnley/Watford who unsurprising also came for a point. 0-0 90 minutes of superb Pulis ball. Best league in the world. Look no further than a few weeks ago 0-0 against Boro at home; that too was on "super Sunday" one of the worst games I have ever seen.  

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Bought more centre backs to play at wing back and in midfield

£100m and a new owner and they bought 1 player

their best player is 36 year old McCauley 

Their best player is clearly Chadli, who they purchased this summer, and I don't think many of their fans would dispute that. 

I know being frugal isn't fashionable in football, but everybody else got £100m too. There's no comparative advantage in receiving the same amount of money as everybody else, no matter how large the sum is. And they don't have to look too far down the road to find an example of a team that spent £50m, largely on shite, some of it from them, and got themselves relegated in the process do they. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Brilliant news. Delighted with this when no doubt they are on a "Super Sunday" with zero shots on target against the likes of Burnley/Watford who unsurprising also came for a point. 0-0 90 minutes of superb Pulis ball. Best league in the world. Look no further than a few weeks ago 0-0 against Boro at home; that too was on "super Sunday" one of the worst games I have ever seen.  

in fairness it is your own fault for watching it ;)

• Like 1

Pulis will never change.

Why should he? He was a lower league manager for years, gets a team promoted to the premier league and manages to get them staying there so he gets good money, good profile in the media and premier league jobs on tap. If WBA sacked him tomorrow he'd probably pop up at Sunderland before the month is out.

Managers rarely change in their 50s...can anybody think of a British manager who completely changed their playing style midway through their management reign...only one I can think of is Ian Holloway who played long ball at Leicester and Plymouth, took a year out of the game and then got Blackpool playing some really good stuff for a couple of seasons especially when they were in the prem.

Most stick to what they know. It's what keeps the money rolling in after all.

On 10/29/2016 at 11:19, HanoiVillan said:

Their best player is clearly Chadli, who they purchased this summer, and I don't think many of their fans would dispute that. 

I know being frugal isn't fashionable in football, but everybody else got £100m too. There's no comparative advantage in receiving the same amount of money as everybody else, no matter how large the sum is. And they don't have to look too far down the road to find an example of a team that spent £50m, largely on shite, some of it from them, and got themselves relegated in the process do they. 

Not every club in the World got £100m. There's certainly no advantage if you barely improve the squad, either. 

Also how many clubs spend big and get relegated compared to how many clubs spend big and don't? Spending is the way to succeed, that's football.

On 10/29/2016 at 11:19, HanoiVillan said:

on paper their best player should clearly be chadli, in the same way that berahino should be their second best player, however with the way they set up and play the sad reality for them is that a CB who plays every minute of every game, defends well and scores a couple of set pieces is going to be getting MOTM awards, im not saying that chadli wasnt a good signing or that he hasnt done ok, im saying a CB is being voted their best player every other week, what does that tell you about them

• 4 weeks later...

West Bromwich Albion manager Tony Pulis has lost a £3.7m High Court battle with former club Crystal Palace.

A Premier League Managers' Arbitration Tribunal ruled earlier this year that Pulis should pay £3.7m damages to the club in a dispute about the way he left at the start of the 2014-15 season.

Crystal Palace claimed Pulis, 56, deceived them into paying a £2m bonus, something he denied.

Pulis challenged the order in the High Court but a judge ruled against him.

Details of the case have emerged in a written ruling published by Sir Michael Burton on Monday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-38136496

What a horrible excuse for a man. Cretin.

EDIT : Apparently the £2m bonus he received from Palace he has to pay back in full, despite a large proportion going towards HMRC. That along with damages make this a very pleasing outcome.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Last home game attendances.

Premier League West Brom 23,016    v Burnley

Championship Aston Villa  31,484 v Cardiff.

They are a nothing club .

Careful.  Don't Newcastle fans do that kind of thing? :P 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

Last home game attendances.

Premier League West Brom 23,016    v Burnley

Championship Aston Villa  31,484 v Cardiff.

They are a nothing club .

Means Newcastle fans think we are a nothing club :)

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Are they a Birmingham team though? I know some say yes and their ground is in the Birmingham border, but?

Technically it may not be but for the sake of this argument It may as well be :D

And for what Newcastle may have over us in terms of attendances, we more than make up for in silverware.

WBA are a nothing club.

43 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Are they a Birmingham team though? I know some say yes and their ground is in the Birmingham border, but?

When it suits them...I think their ground is right on the border, think the ends being called smethwick and Birmingham doesn't help (it's the brummie road end)

its not the other 2 brum clubs that we need to worry about, we leak fans like a sieve up the m6

and tbf we don't sing songs about being better than Newcastle every week

Edited by villa4europe

Â