West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Link?

West Brom winger Chris Brunt says he is "disgusted" and "ashamed" after being struck on the face by a coin thrown by a Baggies supporter.

Brunt had gone over to give his shirt to one of the visiting fans after West Brom lost 3-1 in the FA Cup fifth round at Championship side Reading.

"If people come to football matches and think it is acceptable to throw coins at footballers or anyone else, it is disgusting," Brunt told BBC Sport.

The FA said it would investigate.

"We strongly condemn any such behaviour and will work with both clubs and the authorities to identify those responsible," the governing body said on Twitter.

A Thames Valley Police spokesperson said: "The incident will be dealt with as an assault and we will be working with West Bromwich Albion and Reading to resolve the issue and identify anyone involved."

Meanwhile, the club said it would impose "the severest of sanctions" on the culprit. 

The statement released read: "All our true supporters will join the club in condemning the sickening behaviour of a few individuals at the end of our FA Cup fifth-round tie."

Match report: Reading 3-1 West Brom

See all of Saturday's action

Listen: Pulis 'hopes fan gets what he deserves'

Northern Ireland international Brunt has been at West Brom since 2007 and has made more than 300 appearance for the side, but was left to remonstrate with his own fans at the final whistle at the Madejski Stadium.

Chris Brunt
Brunt had gone over to say thanks to the travelling fans but was struck on the face by a coin

"I was walking towards our supporters, and they thought it was OK to throw a coin at their own players. It's absolutely disgusting," he said. 

"If someone wants to come forward and say who did it, that is not a problem, they know where I am and I am happy to discuss it like normal human beings. 

"I hope the police have got hold of them because never in my life have I seen anything like that. I understand frustrations - we haven't played well in the second half and being 1-0 up you shouldn't be losing 3-1."

He added: "You go over to the fans who have travelled down to say thanks for spending their money and a small minority spoil it for them.

"There are some young kids sitting in the front row who have witnessed that and it's not on.

"I wouldn't like to bring my kids to football matches and see something like that."

West Brom manager Tony Pulis said the action was "barbaric", adding: "West Brom is a fantastic football club, a famous club, but you can't condone that.

"I think the police have to get involved in this. I don't think you can allow that to go by. That's criminal."

Chris Brunt
The winger wanted to give his shirt to a young West Brom fan, which he eventually did
Chris Brunt
He picked the coin up and angrily showed it to his supporters
Chris Brunt
Brunt appeared to point out the person who had thrown the coin
Chris Brunt
The West Brom fans had just seen their side lose 3-1 at Championship side Reading
Chris Brunt
The Northern Irishman had to be ushered away by captain Darren Fletcher
Chris Brunt
A policeman indicated to a match official where Brunt had been struck

Even Brad Friedel lets him know there all rocket polishers!

Edited by Kingman

20 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

On that pic of the fans, him on the right at the top, in the cap and scarf, he's the one they pinned it on, there's a video doing the rounds on Twitter of a couple of fans going for him

He delivers my paper :D

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

West Brom fans were on Soccer AM the weekend. A right bunch of gap toothed, obese throwbacks.

Have you been in the lower holte recently?? (or any other football ground in the country!)

We've all got them.... and don't the cameras love showing them on TV (thay hav lotz of pashun thow)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Arj Guy said:

The coin throwing incident was described by Pulis as 'barbaric'. What a moron he is. Out of order yes, disgraceful yes but barbaric would be a fan going on the pitch and chopping his head off with an axe.

He also said its one of the worst things he has ever seen, 

Obviously hasn't been to watch the Villa for a while.

• Like 1

The coin throwing incident was described by Pulis as 'barbaric'. What a moron he is. Out of order yes, disgraceful yes but barbaric would be a fan going on the pitch and chopping his head off with an axe.

Or playing 6 centre backs at once.

• Like 1

Just listening to Radio WM, and it seems Olbuyun fans are planning a minutes applause for Brunt after this incident.

What the actual ****?

Why not just have a minutes silence and wear black armbands, Liverplop stylee?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, rjw63 said:

Just listening to Radio WM, and it seems Olbuyun fans are planning a minutes applause for Brunt after this incident.

What the actual ****?

Why not just have a minutes silence and wear black armbands, Liverplop stylee?

classic rjw63

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Reports today pulis will be gone come summer. Wouldnt suprise me if Remi leaves we go for him, I mean thats what Tom Fox does goes for the opposite kind of manager with no vision whatsoever

he is MON Version 2 with his spending, not a chance he be managing here

ST early birds must be coming up...

peace wont get rid of him unless there is a drastic drop in attendances and tbh even if there is then the TV money is still worth far more than 5k empty seats, pulis will be utter dross again next year, baggies will be utterly pointless again next year but peace has very little ambition and is openly trying to sell the club, he wont sack pulis and gamble on an unknown, he'll stay safe and boring

Â