West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I hope they sack pulis

got to assume they've said yes to spending £16m on sakho too

i hope not. if they have resources Pulis will **** it away :D

if offered some top class striker he would turn it down for some clogger

• 2 weeks later...

4th bid for Schlupp gone in....12 million + add ons.... WTF? 

I know the market has gone f*****g mental but this is just about as bonkers of a transfer you will get!

He is nothing but a speed merchant from what i have seen. Nowhere near worth 10 mill never mind 12 +.

Madness

Rondon will have a good season..he got 10 last season didn't he? Can see him getting 15 even in a low scoring team like them.

Really like him, excellent workrate and good finisher aswell. He's the sort we needed to replace Benteke with.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

I partially agree.  I think the Baggies have a poor squad for a Premier League side, but I do actually rate Rondon.  He seems a natural finisher and I'd say his goals will go a long way towards keeping them up if indeed they stay up.  When you need to win 1-0 (which they tend to need) and you don't create many chances, you need someone who'll bang them in.  I'd like to see him move to a better Premier League side.

6 hours ago, Michael118 said:

I don't rate Rondon at all. I think West Brom have one of the worst squads in the premier league. Only Pulis is keeping them in it. 

Shows how good a manager he is. 

Wouldn't want him here but I have to grudgingly admire him

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Xela said:

Shows how good a manager he is. 

Wouldn't want him here but I have to grudgingly admire him

I kind of agree, but it's also a team that Pulis built. I think he does an admirable job in getting results for poor teams, but I think any fan would hate to have him recruit for their club.

• Like 1

he is like a poorer version of MON

even when he signed talented players at Stoke they never got a chance to shine. I dread to see what he would do with Xia's money :lol:

Edited by Zatman

On 8/16/2016 at 23:45, VillaChris said:

Rondon will have a good season..he got 10 last season didn't he? Can see him getting 15 even in a low scoring team like them.

Really like him, excellent workrate and good finisher aswell. He's the sort we needed to replace Benteke with.

I agree, although prone to missing the odd sitter I think he's a very effective forward, very strong, decent pace, good in the air and makes a nuisance of himself.

I thought their squad was a lot worse this time last year.

Rondon hadn't turned up at that point so their three big signings were Rickie Lambert, Callum McManaman and James McClean.

In fairness they have a decent spine....Foster-Johnny Evans-Fletcher-Rondon. Not top half standard but much better than bottom 3. If in summer 2015 we'd signed Rondon, Fletcher and Johnny Evans we'd still be in the premier league.

10 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

If in summer 2015 we'd signed Rondon, Fletcher and Johnny Evans we'd still be in the premier league.

Haha. That's hilarious. 

We really wouldn't be you know. Our dreadful, pathetic, desperately poor side would have needed Ronaldo, Messi, Neuer and Hummels to have even a chance of survival. We were bloody awful. 

Rondon, Fletcher and Evans wouldn't have got close to keeping us up. 

How did we survive the other year with Bowery, Holman, Clark, Lowton, Sylla etc?

That was far worse than what Albion were putting out last season.

Team building is all about balance.

Rondon would've been much better than Gestedem big lump but someone who can actually move, hold it up and give us a focal point upfront. He'd have been a fine replacement for Benteke.

Johnny Evans had an excellent season, would've been a much better signing than Lescott and Richards, would've given us a bit of presence at the back.

Fletcher is debatable but he would've offered leadership and experienced alongside Gana...stuff we're looking for from Jedinak now.

We took too many gambles with our recruitment last summer. Two experience prem players and a striker with a good scoring record wherever he's been...I think we'd have been alright like in previous seasons.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

How did we survive the other year with Bowery, Holman, Clark, Lowton, Sylla etc?

Benteke/Gabby/Weimann with 35 league goals. Guzan/Vlaar having a good season.

I don't think Evans/Fletcher/Rondon would've been enough to replace Vlaar/Delph/Benteke.

Edited by kurtsimonw
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Benteke/Gabby/Weimann with 35 league goals. Guzan/Vlaar having a good season.

I don't think Evans/Fletcher/Rondon would've been enough to replace Vlaar/Delph/Benteke.

It would've given us a much better shot than Gestede, Richards, Lescott and Veretout at least.

Our recruitment last summer was just a joke.

2 hours ago, S-Platt said:

So have they signed anyone or are they playing the Doug Ellis hand and bidding on players they know they won't get?

They're not even doing that are they?

they had the benteke links, then links for slimani and schlupp... That's about it

Listening to the radio on the way back from the Rotherham game, Pullis seemed very frustrated about the lack of signings. Everytime I've heard him speak over the last few weeks, he is banging on about needing 5 or 6 players .

It wouldn't come as a tremendous surprise to see him quit before the window closes imo. 

Edited by av1

The whole Berahino situation is odd. He's wanted to leave for years, WBA play hardball but then hardly play him. Now he's down to the last year of his deal. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, av1 said:

Listening to the radio on the way back from the Rotherham game, Pullis seemed very frustrated about the lack of signings. Everytime I've heard him speak over the last few weeks, he is banging on about needing 5 or 6 players .

It wouldn't come as a tremendous surprise to see him quit before the window closes imo. 

his thing is usually to resign just before the start of the season

Â